PDA

View Full Version : Epicmafia weekly showdown?

Will
08-05-2015, 01:23 PM
As you may have noticed, there is a distinct lack of Mafia on the forums. It will probably remain that way for some time! However, I have talked to a couple of people and I have an idea for us as a community to play mafia together in an enjoyable and timely manner. It's called, as you might be familiar with, Epicmafia (https://epicmafia.com/home). If you are uninitiated with EM, imagine a game of Mafia being played out in a few minutes in a single online chatroom. It's really fun!

Anyway, my idea is to host a two hour session of Epicmafia every week for people from the community who want to show up and take part. If you would be interested in something like this please post in this thread and let me know! Also, it would be super helpful (if you are interested) to post the days and times you would be able to show up so I can get a rough idea of when to host it.

(also note EM as a site has many great resources to refresh or increase your knowledge of mafia sets and strategies)

Thanks!

sonriopoby123
08-05-2015, 04:28 PM
I'm typically available at any time during summer unless I'm on the road, but I'm always down for some mafia. Weekends would be best for most people, no?

XpL
08-05-2015, 07:21 PM
TBD I assume.

Get ready for 6 games of Janitorial 2.0 in a row, or if Zach is choosing setups; Cocos.

Will
08-05-2015, 07:34 PM
Not sure if I've ever played Cocos before!

Yes, it would most likely be on weekends but I left it open in case some people had thursday afternoons free and preferred that kind of time slot.

sonriopoby123
08-05-2015, 07:47 PM
Nah man it's all about A&V with shooting day 1 meta nowadays

Prospering
08-06-2015, 01:24 AM
Ohhhh how have I missed this. Would probably be available for mafia most weekdays over the summer, but weekends would be preferable. Coco's isn't that bad XpL as long as you don't have spy/killer kill eachother n1 or have a terrible codeword lol. Wouldn't count on playing it often though. You could probably record parts of each session or a highlight of it and upload it to the squirtlesquadcast channel to add some variety to it. Would definitely be in support of this as long as we can get enough people to come out and play.

Rocket
08-06-2015, 05:15 AM
We all know Prospering is the resident mafia nerd.

Anyway, I'd like this to happen. I'd be available Monday-Friday noon to 10 PM est for mafia, while I couldn't make weekend dates unless they're late night.

ozzi9816
08-07-2015, 06:56 AM
I'm usually available all day during the weekend, though sometimes I'm busy

Will
08-07-2015, 12:44 PM
Sounds good! I'm glad a good number of people are interested in this idea. From what you guys have told me it seems like Friday would be the optimal day to do one of these things. There are a few things I need to look at on my calendar before making a final decision but you will see the announcement for the first EM showdown hopefully soon (probably for next Friday)!

In the meantime, if there are any particular game setups like Janitorial or Cucos you want to see feel free to list them here.

sonriopoby123
08-07-2015, 04:02 PM
If there's enough people, Armed and Vested (https://epicmafia.com/setup/969460) is always fun to me.

Prospering
08-07-2015, 08:03 PM
O2R, B2NS, dethy Kappa, Basic Variant, Fool Training 3, Andrea. Thats about it off the top of my head, but of course if you want a goofy setup sonrio is a king of those since hes the real EM nerd lol

sonriopoby123
08-07-2015, 08:24 PM
Basic Variant is a pretty cool setup if you ask me >:[

Prospering
08-07-2015, 08:25 PM
Oh yea HollyWood Illusions is a pretty cool one that I don't think many people have played before. https://epicmafia.com/setup/731112
Bleeder Kreygasm

Blade Lord Nayru
08-07-2015, 08:27 PM
I don't know when I'm free but I'd probably like to play if I got notified in advance.

On the topic of setups, I'm a fan of anonymous decks. The good ones. What setup we play doesn't concern me, as long as we don't play anything overly simple like Fancy Pants.