PDA

View Full Version : Favorite VN?

sonriopoby123
08-06-2015, 11:47 PM
Do you have a favorite VN?

My favorite, no matter how biased it may seem, will and always will be Little Busters! The story of a group of friends going through everything captured my heart and I just loved all the characters. It's definitely a story that will stick with me throughout my life.

Tainers14
08-07-2015, 12:38 AM
For me, it's most likely Umineko No Naku Koro Ni(chiru).

I didn't want to like it at first because of a silly inside joke. However, once I gave it a chance it was a hell of a ride, and it taught me so much about the mystery genre. I'm hoping to read Higurashi some time soon. Ryu08(or 07 i can't remember) has fantastic ideas.

Shiningbolt
08-07-2015, 01:40 AM
Probably G-Senjou no Mao or Higurashi.

Out of the few VNs I've played, those two probably had me the most interested for the longest amount of time. I like stories that are continuous and involve more than just a few of the characters introduced in it. That's why I really like to read common routes, but dislike character routes. I like seeing how characters interact and how they solve issues together. I want all of the characters to be around so I can see as many fun events with them as I can.
Since Sonrio mentioned Little Busters!, one of my favorite parts in it is the haunted school building part. You get to choose whichever two characters you want to go with you and all of the scenes differ based on the combination. It's really great.

Also, they got really engaging and serious, but had fun scenes to help balance it out.

The only problem (if you can call it one) is I haven't finished either of those VNs even though I like them so much. I really, really, should someday.

Tainers14
08-07-2015, 02:23 AM
^ G-senjou probably woulda been up there as one of my favourites if it weren't for those side routes. Kinda threw off the story.

X!!
08-08-2015, 03:27 PM
Of the not so many vns I've played, I'd say G-Senjou no Maou. The true ending made me want to cry.

ACTING LIKE AN ******* FOR THE SAKE OF OTHER PEOPLE IS COOL AND **** OMFG.

Will
08-08-2015, 03:55 PM
This is a pretty difficult question for me as I've read a decent amount of VNs over the last few years. Personally, I think Fate/Stay Night and Higurashi are tied.

Fate/Stay Night has so many wonderful memories for me, and despite how awesome Cross Channel was, it was the first VN that really left a huge impression. I owe it a ton for allowing me to branch out into types of media that I didn't even know I would enjoy. Also it was really neat to read the three different stories and see how things changed so drastically.

Higurashi, with slightly updated visuals, is perhaps the greatest mystery VN on the market. It leaves out the fluff of G-Senjou and Umineko and sticks to it's greatest strengths; dread and mystery. I'm not an easily startled person but some of the scenes in this VN have stuck with me still to this day. It's truly a masterpiece and one of the few visual novels where I didn't dislike any of the parts (chapters).

Growth
08-08-2015, 05:01 PM
Favourite VN... that's a very difficult question to answer.

I can't say I have one. But generally, these have been really fun to read for me so far and are probably my favourites:

Steins;Gate
Fate/Stay Night
Fate/Hollow Ataraxia
Tsukihime