PDA

View Full Version : Where should the next Pokemon game take place?

Blue
08-08-2015, 05:14 AM
Every main series Pokemon game created has been based off real world locations. Generations 1-4 have been based off of certain regions of Japan, Gen 5 and 6 spices it up with locations based off of New York, and France respectively. Certain spin off games are based off different locations too. For example, the Orre region is based off of Arizona.

Now where do you want Gen 7 to take place?

Here is a list of where each region is based off of.

Kanto is a real region in Japan, with its largest city, Saffron City, being based off of Tokyo.
Johto is based off of Kansai, with Goldenrod being modeled after Osaka.
Hoenn is based off of the Kyūshū islands in Southern Japan. This region was very different from Kanto and Johto because of how far away it was. Since this part of Japan isn't very populated when compared to the first two, there wasn't really a big city in this region.
Sinnoh is based of the island of Hokkaido. Which is in Northern Japan. Sinnoh, just like Hokkaido, is a very cold region with lots of snow. Hearthome City is based off of Obihiro.
Unova is based of New York and New Jersey, being so far away from Japan explains why the Pokemon was so different, and how it was impossible to get non Unova Pokemon until the post game (at least Black and White). Castelia City is based off of Lower Manhattan.
Kalos is based off of Paris, with Lumoise City having the Eiffel Tower.

Me personally, being the biased Bay Area guy I am, would like a game based off where I live because I think it would be really cool to have a Pokemon game based off of where I live.

Dragonite
08-08-2015, 05:22 AM
Either Australia or Africa. Australia has some of the weirdest ecosystems on the planet (plus more things that can kill you than anywhere else!) and yet the only video game at all I can think that draws from it is Golden Sun: Lost Age. Serious missed potential there. And Kangaskhan's only the start of all the fun you could have creating more Pokémon.

Africa's pretty neat, too. Savannah and deserts are all over the place in games, but cloud forests are awesome too. Basically picturing Fortree City from Hoenn, but taller and more massive.

Rocket
08-08-2015, 05:27 AM
I was thinking a region in Canada, maybe, with something relating to Toronto. It'd be interesting, for sure. Also, a region based on the United Kingdom, or even Spain would be really interesting there, too.

Tuxy
08-08-2015, 11:06 AM
Australia seems like an interesting idea. A huuuuuuuuge desert in the middle with just one somewhat big city (Alice Springs) right in the middle. Everything else takes place at the edges of the region and you always have access to the sea. The Great Barrier Reef could serve as a kind of underwater Safari Zone.

If you want a ton of water with many islands in between, Indonesia, the Philippines or the Caribbean might be a good idea.
I'm sure there are also some very interesting regions in Africa and South America. I'd love to go for a more mountainous region once, maybe based off the Alps or the Himalaya.

BreeZaps
08-11-2015, 12:17 AM
I would love some where in Canada. That would be neat. Like in BC.

sonriopoby123
08-11-2015, 01:04 AM
You know what would be cool? A Pokemon game set in the past!

....I'm not sure how it'd work, but it'd be pretty cool to see how it was like to be a trainer in the past. Maybe it could be based in like, one of those pilgrim towns or old towns in England, or maybe we'll see stuff related to older Japanese customs.

It'd be quite a culture shock for the young people.

Tuxy
08-11-2015, 01:09 AM

....I'm not sure how it'd work, but it'd be pretty cool to see how it was like to be a trainer in the past. Maybe it could be based in like, one of those pilgrim towns or old towns in England, or maybe we'll see stuff related to older Japanese customs.

Edo period Japan, here we come.
Medieval Europe would be nice too though, or pre-Columbus America.

Starry
08-11-2015, 01:44 AM

got u covered

http://nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/pokemon_conquest_boxart.jpg

Seeing a game in maybe Egypt or something might be cool! Cities, rivers, grassland, a few pyramids, etc.

sonriopoby123
08-11-2015, 02:19 AM
Conquest is so forgettable. I'm talking about the main series games dude. That'd be awesome.

ozzi9816
08-11-2015, 02:56 AM
I'd love to see a nordic-like region be used as a base. I saw a fangame that's based off Finland, and it looks really awesome. There's plenty to put in there sight-wise: giant flower meadows, mountain villages, dangerous hiking paths, etc. And the fact that the Nordic regions have lots of folklore, means there probably wouldn't be any lack of pokemon designs either

CaptainRed1000
08-11-2015, 12:39 PM
Australia seems like an interesting idea. A huuuuuuuuge desert in the middle with just one somewhat big city (Alice Springs) right in the middle. Everything else takes place at the edges of the region and you always have access to the sea. The Great Barrier Reef could serve as a kind of underwater Safari Zone.

If you want a ton of water with many islands in between, Indonesia, the Philippines or the Caribbean might be a good idea.
I'm sure there are also some very interesting regions in Africa and South America. I'd love to go for a more mountainous region once, maybe based off the Alps or the Himalaya.

"If you want a ton of water..." If I want a ton of water, I'll head back to Hoenn, thank you very much.

My old post:

Yep, my home country has a lot of adorable and awesome creatures. We have the kangaroos (which two pokemon have already been based off), the koala (aka the "drop bears". Seriously dont understand why people call them that), the platypus and a whole bunch more. Nintendo/Game Freak/The Pokemon Company could go wild with Australia.

Majorasfan
08-11-2015, 01:06 PM
I have to agree with a lot of people here, Australia would be a really neat idea. I would also be partial to see a region based on the UK or Germany - or maybe Italy? I'm a fan of Europe so I would love to see more of those areas. I would buy the next game day 1 no question if it was based in one of those 3 locations probably. xD

Aaron
08-11-2015, 04:09 PM
I gotta go with the majority on this one, a Pokemon game based in Australia would be wonderful! The sheer number of different biomes and areas would make for an incredibly exciting and diverse region, with plenty of different types of Pokemon to catch! I also wouldn't mind seeing a Pokemon game take in England, Spain, Italy or Germany, because I like Europe xD

brecot
08-11-2015, 05:29 PM
Easily Canada. I am not Canadian, but with the new technology that they are integrating in the games, such as being able to RIDE Pokemon, would make it a great idea. Imagine going through the snowy mountains on the back of an Abomasnow, or the back of Avalugg as the snow comes to freeze the land over. Err... Maybe I took it too far, but I still believe that that would be a great area to a Pokemon game.

Tainers14
08-13-2015, 05:54 PM
If it was set in Canada, HM defog would have to make a comeback....

Also concerning the game being set in the past, that could open up a really neat Celebi plot. Like play first few gyms in present then get sent back to past with your new techniques by Celebi... It has plenty of potential.

As far as the region concerns. Somewhere south and warm where the lass trainers wear lewd clothing.

CaptainRed1000
08-13-2015, 09:11 PM
If it was set in Canada, HM defog would have to make a comeback....

Also concerning the game being set in the past, that could open up a really neat Celebi plot. Like play first few gyms in present then get sent back to past with your new techniques by Celebi... It has plenty of potential.

As far as the region concerns. Somewhere south and warm where the lass trainers wear lewd clothing.

Nice ideas. I've said this before, but if they made games set in the past, i would looove to see it set in the time where A) The Pokemon War of 3000 years ago, when the Ultimate Weapon was built and used, or B) Mega Evolution first occurs. Both events are extremely signigicant to the Pokemon universes history, so the chance to be a part of that history would be absolutely mind blowing.