PDA

View Full Version : Ask or act?

sonriopoby123
08-08-2015, 05:35 AM
Are you the type to try and solve your own problems on your own, or do you rely on help from others?

I HEAVILY rely on others and it's bad because I need to learn to not depend on them so easily. Friends always help me out and I always look up problems I have on the web. Whenever I attempt to fix something I sometimes make it worse ;;

Blue
08-08-2015, 05:36 AM
You cant ask when you got no friends :cry:
jk

I usually try to handle it myself. Don't want to look weak in front of friends.

Dragonite
08-08-2015, 05:40 AM
I program computers. The base pairs in my DNA spell "G-O-O-G-L-E."

Although asking someone else to fix my game is insane, so the individual problems always end up getting fixed by my fingers, with notes from the Internet.

SuperSceptile
08-08-2015, 05:41 AM
Act. I don't see the point in involving others when it's your issue. No reason to involve others. Unless it's like life threatening. Not criticizing those who do rely on others, I just don't see a reason to. I feel if you can't solve your problems but yourself, that's a problem in itself.

Dabottle
08-08-2015, 06:08 AM
I'm really bad at asking people for help, both due to shyness and due to not wanting to bother them. It's a good thing I'm generally able to figure things out by myself.

marissachu
08-08-2015, 07:08 AM
Urrghh I have such a bad "I must be bothering someone by asking for help complex" most of the time. The only person who I will ask for help is Will, who I pester frequently, but even then I typically regret it or get too nervous when it comes to asking for anything that isn't super basic. I know that it's not a good mentality and that usually people don't mind helping out if they have the time/resources, but it's been an issue that I've been constantly trying to deal with for the past few years >_<

X!!
08-08-2015, 07:36 AM
Usually, when I have a non-personal problem, I'd try to solve it on my own or look up google and stuff. If I can't solve it, I'd ask my friends and see if they could help. Most of the time, I ask people for help thinking "As long as I'm not being too unreasonable, there's no harm in asking."

ozzi9816
08-08-2015, 08:37 AM
Ask. I want to be sure I don't make a bad decision and screw everything up