PDA

View Full Version : Where Would You Like to Live?

Spitfire
08-09-2015, 02:32 PM
POOF

I snap my fingers and suddenly you know the language of and can have a steady well-paying job in any country you want to live in. Where do you choose to live at? Be as general as a country or as specific as a city.

Aaron
08-09-2015, 02:49 PM
Anywhere in Japan. I'm really interested in learning the Japanese language and learning about the culture of the country. Also, I've never had a chance to try Japanese cuisine, and that's something that I'm definitely wanting to try one day~

UbersSuck20
08-09-2015, 03:00 PM
I'd like to live in any Eastern European country such as Croatia, Poland, Czech Republic, Finland or maybe even Russia. USA, Canada or Germany wouldn't be that bad either.

Tuxy
08-09-2015, 03:06 PM
There are so many interesting places in the world.
I feel like anyhwere in Oceania (Polynesia + Micronesia + Melanesia) would be great. The people there seem to live such cheerful lives. Of course I'd need to be fast because at the rate we're going right now, most of these islands won't exist anymore in a few decades.
Eastern Asia, especially Japan, Korea, and Singapore, seem nice too. They all have very high standards of living and very interesting cultures.
As for Europe, I'm not sure. Austrian culture is a mix of (estimated) 75% Germanic, 20% Slavic and 5% Celtic, so I kinda saw all of that already. Maybe Spain or Greece would be nice.

Austin
08-09-2015, 03:10 PM
It's kind of weird how I have so many choices to pick from, but I'm staying in the US haha. I'm just going from Illinois to New York, and preferably New York City because I would be able to play baseball in front of more people and get more chances to get noticed by pro scouts and I have some friends that lives near or in New York City!

If baseball wasn't a factor, though, I'd probably pick Italy because yum Italian food and it's pretty nice.

ShadowMr.L
08-09-2015, 04:23 PM
Hmm, tough question. I'd honestly like to go and live in Austria. I've had interest in that country for quite some time, and I'm drawn to it.

Some other places include Ireland and Germany for my Irish and German heritage. Also including England, Scotland, Iceland, Norway and perhaps some Asian countries like South Korea and Japan.

BreeZaps
08-09-2015, 04:37 PM
tbh I would stay in my home town in the country with a lot of cats. I want peace and quiet and a relaxing life not live in a different place with random people I don't know.

Merga
08-09-2015, 04:45 PM
Personally, I just want to move to somewhere in the US where it is warmer, and nicer, and not anything like Kansas. Either California or Florida would be nice places to live in.

Out of country, I would probably say Germany, since I'm kind of interested in wanting to go there sometime.

Ayra
08-09-2015, 05:57 PM
South or Southeast Alaska. I love the weather and culture in that part of AK.

Starry
08-09-2015, 06:01 PM
Personally, I just want to move to somewhere in the US where it is warmer, and nicer, and not anything like Kansas. Either California

im sorry i thought you said "warmer and nicer," not "pretty much on fire"

I wouldn't mind living in San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, etc.

For out of country, maybe somewhere in Canada, the UK, or Paris, France?

marissachu
08-09-2015, 06:46 PM
There's a LOT of places that I'd love to visit. I'd love to go back to Singapore, to tour Japan, to stop by so many places in Europe, to find my way to Harry Potter world in Florida... But... that's visiting.

As I've hit the halfway marker of my undergrad education, I've really been thinking a lot about this question. I know that I really enjoy where I live now, both for school and where I consider my hometown, but honestly I'd probably be happy most places in the Pacific NW. I'm sure Washington would suit me just as well as Oregon, it'd just be kind of hard being away from the town that I truly feel at home in right now. I know that I would want to live in a town, not in the countryside, but not in a massive city either. I like having the conveniences of living where there's easy access to all kinds of stores and good internet, but city life really overwhelms me. I guess ideally I just want to find somewhere that makes me happy, and right now the only place I can say that would for sure be the case is my hometown-- but that isn't to say there aren't lots of other places, I just haven't found them yet.

HeavenlyFlame
08-09-2015, 07:13 PM
I'd love to live in Denver, or anywhere in Colorado for that matter. Denver in specific just because I was always travelling as a kid, and Denver was one of the places my family and I would frequent. Not to mention I love winter and that I'm a ski bum. I recently went back to Colorado 2 years ago, and really fell in love with the atmosphere that Denver has to offer. It just seems like such a chill place to live.

Rocket
08-10-2015, 01:17 AM
I remember finding a lot of places interesting to possibly live in. After I finish college in 10 years, I have myself planning (yes, already) to move somewhere in North Carolina, or maybe Virginia. Some coastal state, at least. Outside of places in the United States, I would most likely want to live in either Japan due to Japan having such a rich history with so many things to do (and I could live out my dream job being apart of Nintendo in Kyoto) and Sweden, for I honestly don't really know, It seems like a nice, friendly country I would enjoy.

Dragonite
08-10-2015, 05:13 AM
Right now I'd like to live pretty much anywhere that isn't named "New Jersey" and maybe "Alabama" or "Mississippi."

Specifically somewhere more or less farther south of here, since I would really like to avoid these bloody frigid winters and am completely okay with those hundred degree summers.

ozzi9816
08-10-2015, 12:12 PM
If it's limited to the US, I'd love to live in Oregon. There's so much to do there.

If I could live anywhere, it would definitely be Japan. Probably in Hokkaido

Tuxy
08-10-2015, 12:16 PM
Anywhere in Japan

Eastern Asia, especially Japan, Korea, and Singapore, seem nice too.

and perhaps some Asian countries like South Korea and Japan.

to tour Japan

Outside of places in the United States, I would most likely want to live in either Japan

If I could live anywhere, it would definitely be Japan. Probably in Hokkaido
so many weebs on this damn site. me not excluded.

Uzi
08-10-2015, 05:55 PM
ive wanted to leave the east coast forever and knowing me, i have to do it in the most extreme way possible so the pacific NW has been an appealing option. i just want to experience something new that i have no prior knowledge of.

sonriopoby123
08-10-2015, 06:22 PM
japan I really don't wanna move anywhere. Seattle is perfect place for me when literally 75% of the country is in 100 degree weather or 0 degree weather during the seasons and in Seattle it's an average of 40 to 80 during those times. I grew up loving this placr and I think I'm gonna stay here.

X!!
08-11-2015, 05:03 AM
I've always thought of living in the US or Canada or some other English speaking country, mainly because, well, people mainly speak English there. I don't have that many friends here in the Philippines because the Filipinos speak their own language and expect me to get along with the other Koreans in this country, and I can't make Korean friends because I don't know how to speak Korean despite being a Korean myself. My closest friends are people who can speak English without sounding like they need a translator for every word they say.

Buuuuuut, the question was where I'd like to live assuming language and financial needs aren't a concern, so I'm not really sure. I've never bothered trying to know what other countries have. I'd say Korea, but that would be kind of cheating because I'm a Korean. Really, if language and money aren't a problem, then I wouldn't mind living anywhere as long as there's decent internet and I can make friends.

Minntul
08-11-2015, 02:02 PM
I guess if I could move anywhere I'd probably choose Canada. I've always wanted to live somewhere in NA but the US has a lot of things I have problems with while Canada usually has it's **** together in most cases.

Tainers14
08-11-2015, 09:39 PM
To be honest I don't really mind where I live as long as everything is in the area is reasonably priced. In the end I'll live wherever work takes me.

XpL
08-11-2015, 11:24 PM
To be honest I don't really mind where I live as long as everything is in the area is reasonably priced. In the end I'll live wherever work takes me.
I recommend central European cities such as Prague and Berlin if you are interested in work. Alternatively if the economic climate is relatively similar in a decade, South East Asian countries such as Thailand and Cambodia. If you're up for a challenge, you could flip stocks for a decade, then live the rest of your life in rural India and never work a day in your life again.

Tainers14
08-11-2015, 11:29 PM
I recommend central European cities such as Prague and Berlin if you are interested in work. Alternatively if the economic climate is relatively similar in a decade, South East Asian countries such as Thailand and Cambodia. If you're up for a challenge, you could flip stocks for a decade, then live the rest of your life in rural India and never work a day in your life again.

very unlikely that everything will be similar in a decade however interesting proposal. I think I would like Germany, and from what I heard about Prague it's one of the most beautiful cities in the world. I'll see where I end up after my education before making a big decision like that.

Pokemon73
08-12-2015, 01:50 PM
Somewhere beautiful like a nearby lake, just so I can look out the window and enjoy the view, and somewhere quiet as well