PDA

View Full Version : Siblings

X!!
08-11-2015, 05:38 AM
Soooooo... Do any of you here have siblings, and/or what do you think of the idea of siblings in general?

I have an older sister and a younger sister. I also had an older brother who died of miscarriage and also happened to be my older sister's twin. I'm not on bad terms with my siblings. Sometimes, I like annoying them when I'm bored, but we don't hate each other. Honestly, to me, siblings are generally only people who live in the same house as you and share the same parents as you. But for some reason, most people treasure their siblings even though they're not that special. Family is a weird thing.

Dragonite
08-11-2015, 05:49 AM
I have a younger sister and younger brother. They drive me mad. Supposedly that's normal.

EpicCh33se
08-11-2015, 05:55 AM
I have one sister who's three years younger than me. She's my only sibling. I still have photos of when we were much younger, like this one where I was pushing her carriage down the street. I'm not sure how to think of those now.

She's almost taller than me now. It's hard to believe that. Time flies too fast. I remember watching her crawl around everywhere.

We're not too close. Then again, I'm not too close with any of my family. My sister talks to my parents much more than I do, especially my father. Sometimes, I'm a little jealous of that.

She's really nosy. She likes to get all up in my business, check around my room, etc. I wish she'd leave me alone. But I wouldn't wish otherwise.

My cousins also live with us. They're siblings too, and they always fight and yell at each other. They make us look like saints.

We're both shut-ins. Rarely going outside. I'd say I go out more than she does, since I'm more involved with school.

I'm horrible to my sister. She always asks me what I want whenever she visits the store, but when I go, the thought never comes to my mind.

I had a nightmare once. My sister died in my own bed, blood everywhere. I sat there crying, unable to move. She came back to life and hugged me.

I think my sister is better off without me, like being freed from a circusmaster. I'll wish her the best when I move. It's better for both of our healths.

marissachu
08-11-2015, 06:08 AM
I don't have any siblings, so maybe I don't have a place in this thread. However, I think not having siblings definitely has affected the way my life has gone in a lot of ways.

I know that because of having no siblings it's absolutely shocking to me when there are more than two kids in a family. How do y'alls parents do it? I don't even know how my parents put up with me and my (singular) teenage angstiness and my (singular) education and my (singular) needs in terms of food, water, and shelter. I am baffled by large families, and have to give massive props to those who can deal with it or have to because they have no other options.

For a year, one of my cousins came to live with us because of complicated family circumstances. I think that year gave me a lot of insight in how having a sibling can be really awesome-- you get someone to talk to and hang out with, but also some of the difficulties with living in close quarters with someone. I mean, despite plenty of fond memories I know that she was probably super annoyed with me a massive amount of the time, but things worked out pretty A-ok and I'd go on to be her maid-of-honor at her wedding so I'm pretty happy with how the whole deal worked out.

I think people make a lot of jokes about only children being selfish, or spoiled, or having poorer social skills. I'd like to think that (and this is moreso to my parents' credit than my own), I've managed to turn out at least moderately socialized. I think there are a lot of gifts and burdens that come with siblings and it obviously varies from family to family. For my family, I think our little crew of my parents, myself, two cats, and a dog works out pretty well. I've been fortunate enough to have good friends and good parents to support me in ways that siblings may have typically, so I don't feel as if I'm missing out on the sibling experience despite the reality.

ShaymieTehShaymin
08-11-2015, 06:16 AM
I'm the baby of my family. I don't get along that well with my sister because she's really mean and always has an attitude when I talk to her, but I'm pretty close with my brothers, probably because we have the same interests. :3

SuperSceptile
08-11-2015, 06:20 AM
I would have had 1 older brother, 1 younger brother, and 1 older sister, but the older brother and sister were twins and were born too early, so unfortunately they didn't make it. On the other hand, my younger brother is alive and well. Sometimes, I hate him more than anyone on earth, and on the opposite side of the spectrum, sometimes he's like the best person to talk to.

Rocket
08-11-2015, 07:34 AM
I'm not sure I have a place in this thread either, since I don't have any siblings. I do have to say that it's affected me in many way. I'm kind of a lone wolf in that regard, I guess. But I've always liked the idea of having at least one sibling. Someone extra to hang out with, someone extra to help you out. That's an unbreakable bond you have there. Even if you have a larger family, that's extra social skills for you.

Tuxy
08-11-2015, 10:26 AM
I have one older sister. Never been particularily close to her, she's very different from me. I don't see her a lot anymore either because she moved out last year, now living with her boyfriend.
I consider all my cats to be my siblings though.

Bricktoad
08-11-2015, 01:16 PM
i have several siblings! in fact, a whole 11 of them, and as a texan, every single one of their virginities!

I have three half siblings (all from my father's side), if that counts, but I've lived my whole life alone. smh

Austin
08-11-2015, 08:26 PM
I have 2 sisters and 2 brothers, all half siblings. They are all 10-14 years older than me, so I don't remember living with 2 of them, and the other 2 I remember living with and it wasn't so bad other than the time that I almost gave one sister a black eye for tickling me for too long. As of right now I am the only child that lives with my parents, but that'll probably change in about 2 or 3 years since I graduate from high school in 2017. I personally like all of my siblings even though we all don't really talk a lot, and strangely enough I don't find them annoying at all.

ShadowMr.L
08-11-2015, 08:55 PM
I do indeed have siblings. I'm the oldest of three. I have a brother who is younger than me by two years, and a sister younger by four. As my opinion on my siblings, there's days they get me so angry and annoyed, and there's days we get along. I think that's how typical sibling relationships go.

Xerodragon12
08-11-2015, 09:19 PM
I have a sister who is older than me by about two years. She's also shorter than me by at least 6 inches. She does like to bug me a lot while I'm drawing, and it's really annoying, but that's just her personality in general. Whenever she wants me (or anyone else) to do something, she'll bug you until the only way to shut her up is to do it. We're really close, otherwise. We're so close, in fact, that strangers have, on multiple occasions, mistaken us for a couple. She recently moved out to an apartment, and frankly, I don't miss her a single bit. Again, we're really close, but I just need my time and space away from her. Mostly because I want to draw and browse the internet in peace.

sonriopoby123
08-11-2015, 09:47 PM
Deleted my other post cuz I wanna elaborate.

I have 7 sibilings; 4 brothers, 3 sisters. No, my mom and dad did not go wild, they had already met people and had children with them before they met each other and had me. 3 of my brothers and 1 sister are from my mom, 2 sisters and 1 brother from my dad. Not simple enough? Here: http://imgur.com/gNe5ee0

My relationship with them is pretty great. I'm especially close to my youngest siblings (by the way, they're all older than me. And when I mean old, my sister is 25, and she's the youngest after me. Yeah) and always talk to them about everything (mostly). I'm more closer to my siblings on my mom's side since they live near by, unlike my dad's side, who all live in Las Vegas. (Now you know why I go so often).

One particular brother thinks I'm more of a spoiled brat, being the baby of the family and all. He's kinda jealous, and I get that, my parents are much more lenient on me then they were on them. He takes it out on me by asking them for me to spend time with him, and I end up doing work for him. I've come to really despise that, and so has my mom, so I only go to get paid, by my own choice. It sort of made us kind of distant around each other. He doesn't like the way I do things in life.

My oldest brother is so kind, and with his kids I'm like their favorite* uncle. I love going over there, and I also do work for him like yard work or cleaning around the house with the kids. He pays well and always makes sure I get to do stuff I like as well.

My youngest siblings have the same dad and are probably closer than the most of us. They're both really into music and our culture, and usually have the most common sense. I LOVE my sister and she's always treated me as if I was her own child. She took care of me when I was younger, so she's really like a second mom to me. My brother is also a musician, and has been teaching me piano recently. (Although I haven't touched it since the beginning of summer OOPS) He's a cool guy, and he's also gone through a lot. He's like a role model to me.

My siblings in Vegas love me as much as I love them. My brother over there had a kid a couple years back and the little rascal is fun to play with. I have a nice bond with him and his wife.

My sisters are party goers and kind of ghetto lmao (I don't know how to else to explain it). The older one there has kind of stopped that stuff so she could pay more attention to her job and her kids (fun fact: her son, and so my nephew, was born 3 months earlier than me. So the nephew is older than his uncle. LOL). The other is slowly getting out of it, as she recently had a kid (he was born 3 months early and it's been a struggle) but she's been strong. The father walked out on them, so I'm supporting her as much as I can like the rest of us.

All in all, my family is pretty close knit. The two sides always help each other out, and I feel like I was the whole reason behind it. I'm kinda glad I was born. Then again, who wouldn't be? :P

*self proclaimed, of course ;)

Merga
08-11-2015, 10:24 PM
I have a brother who is 2 years younger than me. He is entering his first year in college, and we are going to different schools in Kansas (the two rival schools ironically). We have completely different personalities (ex. I'm majoring in management, he's majoring in music), he is louder than I am, which means he is more comfortable with talking to people compared to me, but he is more spoiled (if that is the right word) than I am. We used to fight a lot, especially in elementary and middle school, since Dad usually favored him and he always gets away with the "I didn't do it" excuse. Now that we are older, and started living with mom, we usually get along better now, but he's still kind of bratty.

Davismt
08-11-2015, 10:37 PM
For a while in my life, I was an only child. My actual parents split up when I was really young and didn't understand much (around two years old or something.) Around my 5th birthday, my mom started dating a guy that would eventually become her new husband. He had two kids, twins, a boy and a girl. After they were married for one short year, they had my little brother in 2008.

My little brother is really the only sibling with any blood relation to me, yet we get along the least well. Not to say we don't enjoy eachother's company, but it's often that we mess with eachother and someone always ends up angry at the other. I'm glad they had him because I think it's a good experience for me to have a younger sibling (although I may not be the best role model) and it benefits him by having someone to look up to and to teach him of the things later in life.

On the topic of my step-siblings, they're both 19 and in college. Some of the best memories I had with them were when our parents started getting together for the first time. We were all young and often did fun things for kids our age. I never had any problems with them, and our good relation still continues today. (They were also the ones who really got me in to the wonderful world of video games. We would play Smash Bros. Melee all the time and they let me use their GameBoy Colors to play Pokémon Sapphire and other games.)

In summary, I believe having siblings has impacted my life in a good way, developing my social skills at a young age and introducing me to things I continue to love today. I hope there are even more memories to be made with them in the future.

Leafeon
08-11-2015, 10:45 PM
I have one older brother and three younger sisters and one younger one who died of miscarriage. My older brother is three years older than me and he is going to graduate from high school next year. My first younger sister is starting middle school and the other two are in elementary.

I love my older brother to death. I can easily say he is my best friend. While he is a jerk sometimes we live each to death. I honestly don't think I could make it through my freshman year without him. My three younger sisters I don't get along with very much. I love them but they are jerks. Especially the one in middle school who is 2 years apart from me. Tout it bluntly, she is a ***** sometimes. She acts like she runs the house hand calls me names constantly. It used to be because of my weight but now that I'm getting skinner and she's getting chubbier she doesn't use that much anymore.

In general I think siblings are great. It's okay being an only child but I think having siblings can be fun even if they're annoying.

BreeZaps
08-11-2015, 11:21 PM
I have 3 brothers and one sister. I don't really care for 2 of my brothers because of the things they did to me in the past.

Starry
08-11-2015, 11:46 PM
I have one older brother, and one older sister. I'm not on bad terms with either of them, but they aren't exactly on good terms with each other.

I've heard that siblings tend to fight less when they move away to college or whatever, but apparently that's not the case with them. Each time they come over, they fight, which makes me feel pretty awkward since I'm in the middle of it all the time.

"I need to get some food for *brother's name here*, but I don't think he really deserves it, what do you think?"
"*Sister's name here* always overreacts to everything I say. What a jerk!"
etc.

I love them both, but I hate them when they're together.

Aaron
08-12-2015, 02:19 PM
I have four older brothers, and we all seem to get on very well. Obviously we have our disagreements and we fall out sometimes, like most families do, but it only takes a few days for us to be on good terms again. Also they were all super loving and supportive when I came out so I'll love them for that forever and ever.

UbersSuck20
08-12-2015, 08:00 PM
I have an older sister, and I do have fights from time to time with her, but we generally get on pretty well.

CaptainRed1000
08-12-2015, 10:04 PM
Ugh... I have three younger siblings. The older-younger brother I have few arguements with. The youngest-younger brother I have ALL the arguments with, which he usually wins because my parents side wih him despite all his points just being pulled out of his *** (god I hate that brat). My lil sister, we never have arguments, which is nice.

Ayra
08-19-2015, 04:04 AM
I do not have any siblings of my own. Both of my parents have dated people who also had a child, so on multiple occasions I've temporarily experienced what it is like to have a sibling. It was a new experience for them as well because they were onlies too. I was on good terms with all of them. Unfortunately, those relationships ended, although I am still in contact and on good terms with some of them.

TheTrainerExpert
08-20-2015, 04:39 PM
I have a sister and a brother. Since I am the youngest, I was on the receiving end of their pranks :'(. It wasn't fun. I honestly don't really like my sister. She annoys me a lot of times, so I just ignore her to an extent. I also don't like how disrespectful she can be. My brother is cool to chill with mostly since he became independent.