PDA

View Full Version : What kind of music do you listen to?

UbersSuck20
08-17-2015, 07:58 AM
READ THE FREAKIN TITLE LOL

I personally like heavy/power/folk metal, hard rock, and a little bit of alternative. I especially enjoy listening to Finnish bands.

Dragonite
08-17-2015, 08:33 AM
I'd say "video game music," but that kind of describes usage more than any specific genre.

Honestly, I don't really care what I listen to. Classic rock is usually good, though there are some weird ones. Classical's okay, whatever the hell they play on most radio stations is usually okay, sometimes I'll run into a rap or hip hop that has a shred of wit in the lyrics that are sort of okay, EDM is sometimes okay when it's not liquidizing my eardrums, ad infinitum.

Anything with an electric guitar is good, end of story.

Seems like most of the stuff on OCRemix is some variety of electronic or another, though I tend to like the ones where you can hear actual instruments better.

Most video game OSTs don't really seem to conform to a single genre. SMG/2 and Elder Scrolls are obviously orchestrated, while Mario Kart and not-chiptune Pokémon seem to get all lumped together in "electronic" a lot, even though they all sound really different.

Austin
08-17-2015, 11:25 AM
I listen to at least one song on pretty much every standard music genre. I mainly listen to edm, piano covers of songs, hip hop/rap, and I guess heavy metal as well. I also listen to video game soundtracks as well like Kingdom Hearts and Mafia II and of course Pokemon.

Tuxy
08-17-2015, 11:57 AM
I mainly listen to Punk and Pop Punk nowadays, sometimes Pop and Anime soundtracks. I used to also enjoy Metal, but I rarely find myself listening to it now.

sonriopoby123
08-17-2015, 05:08 PM
Aside from my anime amd game OSTs I find myself listening to R&B, or anything in that mix of genres. Pop is good too.

Aaron
08-17-2015, 05:20 PM
Other than OSTs, I listen to some current music (any that doesn't make me want to cut my ears off), as well as some rock and pop-punk artists like 5SOS and State Champs. State Champs are my favourite band and, if you never have, you should check them out~

marissachu
08-17-2015, 07:16 PM
Just... not country.

The majority of the music I have actually in my music library would fall under some variation of rock/alternative, but I'm pretty open to most music when it comes down to it.

Xerodragon12
08-17-2015, 07:22 PM
Most of what I listen to are generally classified as "soundtrack", so along the lines of video game soundtracks, movie soundtracks, so on and so forth. I'm not a fan of most popular music nowadays, and music with words tend to distract me from my work, so vocal-less music tends to work best. I also listen to a lot of classical music when I study.

XpL
08-17-2015, 07:38 PM
If it's 'trap influenced', I'll listen to it.

TheTrainerExpert
08-17-2015, 08:14 PM
I listen to power/nu and heavy metal, metalcore, hard/alternative/rap/electronic/folk/punk/Christian/garage and indie rock, grunge and post grunge.

Uzi
08-17-2015, 11:28 PM
i only listen to dirty sprite 2 by future.

Tainers14
08-18-2015, 12:47 AM
I have been listening to a bunch of Mahler recently. Germans are cray cray when it comes to composing.

Tuxy
08-18-2015, 12:54 AM
I have been listening to a bunch of Mahler recently. Germans are cray cray when it comes to composing.

Mahler was Austrian

But thank you for reminding me that I totally forgot about classical music when I posted here earlier. I don't listen to it a lot, but some pieces can be really calming every so often. Especially thinking about Ravel's Boléro right now. It's purposefully monotonous, just repeating the same two melodies many times, getting louder until a sudden stop. Love it.

Tainers14
08-18-2015, 01:17 AM
Mahler was Austrian

But thank you for reminding me that I totally forgot about classical music when I posted here earlier. I don't listen to it a lot, but some pieces can be really calming every so often. Especially thinking about Ravel's Boléro right now. It's purposefully monotonous, just repeating the same two melodies many times, getting louder until a sudden stop. Love it.

Hmm. It seems you are right. Allow me to apologize.

I initially thought he was german because when you go back and read his music, his notes are in the german language.

I did a bit of research and learned that while he is from Austria he did grow up in Germany, hence why I thought he was from there. Also, I never listened to Ravel before, I'll make sure to check him out later.

Minntul
08-18-2015, 09:01 PM
My taste is really diverse, but ultimately my favorites would probably come down to progressive rock and hip hop. I also really like alternative rock, indie rock, jazz, post-punk and grunge.

Great Lord Diego
08-18-2015, 09:35 PM
I'm a Classic Rock guy, mainly 70's/80's :D
I do enjoy Alternative Rock at times, and some Pop Classics from the 80's, but that's about it :)

Videogame Music tho, that's another story. I love evetyrhing, half of my cellphone's memory is used in VG music :D

Ayra
08-18-2015, 11:03 PM
Half of my music taste is a wide range of metal, mostly power metal, and the other half is vgm.

X!!
08-29-2015, 02:14 AM
http://i.imgur.com/jRyRLar.png
This should give you a really good idea on what I listen to.