PDA

View Full Version : What pleases you?

Great Lord Diego
08-18-2015, 09:24 PM
I noticed that you guus have a vent thread, and to be honest, I'm more of a possitive guy.
So in an effort to balance the section, here's a thread where you can talk about the good stuff, the ones that fill your heart with joy, and makes you appreciate how wonderful the world can be :D

I'll start saying that getting home after work IS just the best thing ever. Especially when I get to my couch, move my cat out of the way (when he feels like moving, really :D ) and drink coffee while watching a soccer match. That pleases me greatly :3

Also bad puns. Extra points if they are food related :D

Aaron
08-18-2015, 09:28 PM
I guess the thing that pleases me is the Internet. I literally just can't live without it; it's how I communicate with 90% of my friends, I listen to Youtube videos, I come here and hang out with everyone here - and everyone here is great except for sonrio he's gay - and I do almost everything else in my life on here. That also associates with videos games, which also please me. I spend most of my free time playing video games if I'm not writing, which is yet ANOTHER of the things in life that I love~

Dragonite
08-18-2015, 09:28 PM
Let's see.

- not coming in last in Mario Kart
- getting someone to say "you're a nerd" to me
- testing my game and not having it crash on me
- orange juice
- the way Kathy the chicken runs up to you when you step outside because she think you have food, and then immediately runs away

sonriopoby123
08-18-2015, 09:42 PM
What pleases me?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hakuiin
08-18-2015, 10:06 PM
I get happy when I **********.

:^)

marissachu
08-18-2015, 10:15 PM
I like the idea behind this thread. I think it's important to have a place to vent and discuss issues but focusing solely on the negative can be really destructive in its own right.

So... what makes me happy?
Hm...

Spending time with the bf
Eating a good meal
Learning something really cool
Getting enough sleep to make it through the day intact
Blueberries
Being so in sync with someone else that you say the same thing at the same time
Making jokes that only make me laugh and no one else
Not having to do anything in particular for several days in a row
My cats and dog
Playing a great game for the first time or loving a game so much I have to play it over again

I'm sure there's a lot more but I think those are all the things most relevant in my life right now. ^-^

Shaymin
08-19-2015, 05:19 AM
Hmm... right now that's kind of a tough question. As a person who's more of a shut-in than anything else, it's really hard to say what kinds of things make me happy outside of the Internet. So let's see...

Despite all of the drama that the SS forum has had in the past, I really enjoy talking with my close friends from this forum on Skype.
Kancolle. It sounds really weebish, but despite the sorts of terrifying and tear-jerking backstories each of the ships have, the game makes me feel so at ease with my stressful life. Like it's my second home, only it doesn't exist.
Singing.

ozzi9816
08-19-2015, 12:20 PM
Right now? The weekend. And the fact I'm getting four anime figures coming. :P

Kyoits
08-19-2015, 01:19 PM
The stuff that really pleases me right now is to watch anime all day.

Austin
08-21-2015, 12:51 PM
Hmmm stuff that pleases me, eh?

- Playing baseball because omg baseball is my life
- Finishing a long run because I feel so accomplished after I do so
- Finishing homework because then I know I'm safe for another day
- Not getting homework.... There's no need to explain that one
- Talking with friends because we all make eachother laugh
- Playing video games because they are amazing

That's all I can think of right now as I'm about to leave for school, so more things might be added lol

Tainers14
08-21-2015, 02:57 PM
Getting the perfect Grim Patron setup.

Xerodragon12
08-21-2015, 04:37 PM
-Solving a particularly hard problem
-getting a better grade on an exam than expected
-When all the comics are finished, and you don't have to draw any more comics
-getting everything done and sleeping early

TheTrainerExpert
08-21-2015, 04:37 PM
Stuff that pleases me, huh? Well, there's music, video games, anime, gym, TV shows I used to watch or currently watch, shorter runs or beating my personal record or running a further distance than my longest distance, chillin' with friends, YT videos, puns or jokes, and watching american football or baseball games.

Starry
08-21-2015, 08:25 PM
Lots of things:

Getting a functioning robot/program working
Looking at funny pictures, laughing, and then showing them to my family, where they then laugh the same amount as me.
Making a shot in Basketball, along with winning a game.
100% Orange Juice in general
Playing/Finishing video games I like such as Danganronpa, Persona, Pokemon, Zelda, etc.
Finishing a drawing and it looks exactly/even better than what I wanted it to look like.
Reading
Watching LP's that I like.
Going to places like this dump.
Etc.

Tuxy
08-21-2015, 08:43 PM
- Getting the best grade in class. I know that sounds a bit snobbish, but I was so used to getting good grades, an A just wouldn't do it anymore. I wanted to be the best.
- Reading a good book/story that I can really immerse myself into
- Playing fun video games
- ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
- Talking/texting with people I love
- Being alone
- Playing soccer with friends
- Having deep discussions

Dragonite
08-21-2015, 09:01 PM
- Getting the best grade in class. I know that sounds a bit snobbish, but I was so used to getting good grades, an A just wouldn't do it anymore. I wanted to be the best.

Back when I was in seventh and eighth grade, me and two other classmates used to compete for the best math grade in the class. And by "compete," I mean the difference was usually less than half a percentage point (usually somewhere around 98-99) between the three of us. That all ended in like 2009, though :P

X!!
08-22-2015, 08:12 AM
Things that make me happy:
- Playing fun video games.
- Completing a video game.
- Finishing watching a good anime/show/LP series/whatever.
- CHAIN PLAYS.
- Finishing editing a video.
- Finishing making an update post for a playlog thread.
- Being able to talk and make the stupidest jokes without having people legitimately hate or dislike me.
- Having a specific person rub my head.
- Getting someone else to do something stupid. *COUGH* MAID SONRIO *COUGH*.
- Making someone else laugh.
- Listening to good music.
- Eating good food.
- when the big bad **** goes into the big bad ***** of the bad ***** with the bad *** doe.
- When I successfully say a full sentence fast without messing it up.
- Being able to not worry about anything.
- Doing something fun irl with friends (but that doesn't happen very often).

I'll probably add more or make a new post when I can think of more stuff.

Ayra
09-08-2015, 07:45 PM
I enjoy going with some friends to lunch or a movie or a parry or something.