PDA

View Full Version : Television

Aaron
08-30-2015, 09:36 PM
I know there's a Favourite TV Show thread (http://pokecheats.net/forum/showthread.php?22043-Favorite-television-show) but this isn't really about favourite TV shows. Feel free to lock if you think this is too similar, mods.

Do you watch much TV? If you don't, why not? If you do, what sorts of TV shows normally seem to grab your attention?

I honestly don't watch that much other, like, on show because there really aren't many new, good shows on TV anymore, which is really sad. However, if one ever shows up that I'm interested in, I normally record it and bulk-watch it when the whole thing is finished. The shows that normally grab my attention are either dramas, as long as they look like they have a good story, or comedies, as long as they're actually funny.

Starry
08-30-2015, 10:05 PM
I really never watch that much TV. In fact, my family is actually planning on cancelling our cable because of that, and getting Hulu to go along with Netflix.

The ones I usually watch are the re-runs of old cartoons, Steven Universe, and anything that my sister shows me, like Modern Family or Another Period, and a lot of those are already on Netflix/Hulu. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Xerodragon12
08-30-2015, 11:34 PM
Televisions still exist?

Seriously, though, I don't watch television at all. All the entertainment I need can be found online, especially because I don't particularly find anything on TV (except Mythbusters) entertaining.

marissachu
08-31-2015, 12:05 AM
(I don't find this to be too similar. For reference, if it gets discussion, we probably won't kill the thread).

Okay, so here's the thing: I like television SHOWS, but I don't watch a lot of tv. If I watch tv shows they're probably going to be via some online streaming site like Netflix or Hulu or it's going to be anime, something which doesn't air a lot of the time on U.S. television. Although I enjoy chilling and watching television and if there's something I really want to watch that's not going to be available to stream, I will watch it, the amount of commercials and the often inconvenient timing of shows I'd like to watch deters me greatly.

Personally, I really like it when Networks are smart enough to allow viewing online. I think being able to go see a full show on YouTube is a lot more appealing to me (and I think a lot of our generation) than tuning in at a specific day/time or trying to remember to record a show. I know that I'm more willing to watch commercials if a show is available online, or pay a monthly price (like for Netflix) to view content when it's convenient for me in ways that are more convenient to me.

Oh, also at college I don't have cable/dish/a tv in general, so I basically don't watch any current television during the school year.

Rocket
08-31-2015, 12:23 AM
I kinda have a similar situation to Marissa, really. I watch TV when I want to, but for actual TV shows, I usually go online to watch them from like youtube. I don't normally watch Hulu of Netflix. If it's something that's appealing, I record it for later.

Ayra
08-31-2015, 12:34 AM
I use television exclusively for sports. I use NF for shows.

sonriopoby123
08-31-2015, 02:36 AM
There's only two things I'd watch TV for: Sports, or a show that's caught my interest. I RARELY watch TV unless I'm super bored, and even then, I have other stuff I can do lol

My mom and dad are the ones who watch TV the most, and that's because they don't know how to use computers LOL

SuperSceptile
08-31-2015, 03:20 AM
I watch T.V. because of ninja turtles, the walking dead, arrow, and the flash. Everything else I just watch on Netflix.

Dragonite
08-31-2015, 05:22 AM
I, uh, plug my Wii U into a television once in a while. Does that count?

I might watch a baseball game if the Mets are playing at a time when I'm actually home, and maybe a football game every three or four years, and bobsledding whenever the winter Olympics decide to show up, but that's about it. Shows. Eh. The Addams Family stopped airing decades ago.

herothezero
08-31-2015, 08:48 PM
I used to do nothing but watch TV as a kid, mostly just reruns of Cartoon Network shows. Due to losing cable multiple times, at one point for two/three years, I've pretty much switched to YouTube and occasional Netflix.

Whenever I do watch TV, it's mostly for Cartoon Network or Comedy Central.