PDA

View Full Version : Your "Legitimate" Shiny Encounters

X!!
09-09-2015, 11:18 PM
I saw Aaron get a shiny in his nuzlocke run of Ruby (http://pokecheats.net/forum/showthread.php?22260-Pokemon-Ruby-Nuzlocke), so I decided to make a thread about shiny Pokémon experiences. I'm surprised no one has made a thread about this topic, to be honest. Go share your experiences with shiny Pokémon and make those who aren't as lucky as you feel like crying in a corner.

No, the Shiny Gyarados in 2nd gen doesn't count because it's supposed to be shiny 100% of the time.

The first shiny I've ever encountered was a Gligar in Pokémon White. I was doing the post game and I think I was in Route 15. The very first Pokémon I encountered in that route happened to be a shiny Gligar. It was insane.

My second shiny was a Swalot. I was playing through a randomized nuzlocke run of Ruby. I chose my starter, which happened to be a Swalot, threw it out of its Poké Ball to fight the wild Poochyena at the start of the game, and then I saw the shiny sparkle animation. I literally stopped playing for 10 minutes in shock (mostly because I was bragging about it on Skype, I think).

Third shiny I ever had was in this ROM hack called Light Platinum. I was in this random cave and I found a shiny Golbat. Didn't do much with it though. I think I stopped playing Light Platinum around that point for whatever reason.

I'm not sure if this counts, but the next shiny I got was an Igglybuff in Crystal. We were doing a Pokémon Crystal Chain Play (http://pokecheats.net/forum/showthread.php?21157-Chain-Play-Pok%C3%A9mon-Crystal) back in the old forum, and I had an Odd Egg. When it hatched, the Igglybuff that hatched happened to be shiny. Although there's actually a 14% chance for the Odd Egg Pokémon to be shiny, so it's not as special as a shiny you'd find in the wild.

The most recent shiny I've encountered was a Purrloin, also in Light Platinum. I'm currently doing a Light Platinum nuzlocke (http://pokecheats.net/forum/showthread.php?22063-Another-Save-Swappers-Nuzlocke-(Light-Platinum)) run with SuperSceptile, which was the run where I found the shiny Purrloin. Unfortunately, whoever created the hack didn't give Purrloin a shiny sprite, so it just looks like a regular Purrloin with sparkles.

Okay, your turn.

Ayra
09-10-2015, 12:00 AM
I, unfortunately, have never encountered a shiny.

Squirtletheguy
09-10-2015, 12:13 AM
I have encountered a shiny Psyduck, I didn't have any pokeballs... ;-;

marissachu
09-10-2015, 12:26 AM
My shiny encounters have been fairly limited based on the sheer amount of Pokemon that I've played in my lifetime, but I have found a few in my many years. My first shiny encounter was a shiny geodude (I believe in fourth gen-- maybe HGSS?) which I was able to catch and promptly named Nugget because I'm super creative.

This was... years ago. Since then I BELIEVE I may have seen one unremarkable, unaccounted for shiny (UPDATE: IT WAS MASQUERAIN WOOPS) as well as sometime in the past year finding a shiny Golbat in ORAS.

Outside of random shiny encounters I actually had pretty decent luck shiny chaining in ORAS, finding both an Eevee and a Zorua. The Zorua took a chain of like 60+ but the even was in the 170-180 range (SO THAT WAS FUN AHAHAHA). I'm much more proud of these two since they took some level of actual commitment/skill (???), plus Zorua and Eevee are just... way better Pokemon than any of the random shinies I've found.

ShaymieTehShaymin
09-10-2015, 12:37 AM
The first shiny that I ever caught was a shiny Rattata in Black 2 that I named Bobby because I'm bad with names. I eventually evolved him before leaving him in the PC for the rest of his existence. Sadly, Bobby is no longer with us because I accidentally committed genocide on the cartridge he was on when I reset my game.

The next shiny was in Pokemon X, where I caught a shiny Scraggy that I named Natsu. Shortly after that, I spent 31 hours in the Friend Safari hunting for a shiny Pumpkaboo, which I named Midna. My most recent shiny was an Eevee that I hatched over 90 eggs for. I named him Umber and evolved him into an Umbreon because I like shiny Umbreon the best out of all of the Eeveelutions.

Starry
09-10-2015, 12:42 AM
First shiny I got was a Shiny Tentacool in one of my first playthroughs of Emerald, I believe. I loaded up the save, and boom, there they were.
I think the better encounter, though, was years later in my X Wonderlocke, where I got one of my Pokemon killed on accident by a group of Roggenrola, and BOOM, Shiny Roggenrola right afterwards.

Tuxy
09-10-2015, 01:30 AM
My first ever shiny was a Starly in Platinum. Took it in my team and evolved it all the way to a Staraptor.
There was also a Watchog in Black 2.
I'm relatively sure I encountered a third one once, but I can't seem to recall it now.

Ferrospike
09-10-2015, 02:42 AM
I have a decent amount of shiny Pokemon so here is a list:

Pokemon Platinum: I had no repels left after catching Palkia and Dialga. Went back into Mt.Corenet, when boom, Shiny Graveler. Threw a Quick Ball, caught it. Booyah.

Pokemon Black 2: Grinding in a Nuzlock for the second gym in Virbank when I found a Shiny Audino, caught it. It's called Shiny :3

Pokemon Y Mono type: Horde Trevadent, one was shiny, master ball well spent.

ORAS: Shiny hunting has caught me a Wailmir, Oddish, Zangoose and Cherrim. Woo

Dragonite
09-10-2015, 05:44 AM
First shiny I found was a Timburr in the Pinwheel outskirts in Black 1. Leveled it up to a Gurdurr and traded it to a friend for a Thundurus so I could go and do that Landy event in the shrine place.

Second one I found was pretty recent. Hoard training. This happened.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIe-wyWWEAAMPOp.png

Also this one wasn't me, but a while ago my cousin was visiting and we spent about four days straight playing Pokémon (because of course we would) . . . and he ran into not one, but two shiny Venipede within like forty eight hours of each other. Both were nicknamed "Trollipede" for obvious reasons.

sonriopoby123
09-10-2015, 05:57 AM
Shiny Zubat in Sapphire. I didn't know it was supposed to be rare, I was scared I broke my game and I couldn't catch it because I didn't have any Poke Balls to catch it with iirc

My most recent shiny I think was a...Growlithe I think?

Blade Lord Nayru
09-10-2015, 09:07 AM
In HeartGold I found a Shiny Unown when collecting them. A while later I managed to breed a Skorupi in the same game.
I found a shiny Tentacool on a R/S/E rom once, but I lost it because the cheat-code I used to get Feebas forced me to reset and I hadn't saved.
In X I got wonder traded a shiny Eevee, but I don't think that counts.

Aaron
09-10-2015, 01:58 PM
Well, as well as the Shiny Zigzagoon that X mentioned I'd found, I also found a shiny Nincada in Ruby once, but I ran away from it by accident because rip speed up button. I was so annoyed because that would've been my first shiny I'd caught in the wild, but I ran away from it and I got v sad :(

Pokemon73
09-10-2015, 09:19 PM
1) Shiny Uxie (still have it) in Pearl
2) Shiny Audino (reset game, would have been a sick mega though) in Black
3) Shiny Groudon (still have it) in Emerald

HeavenlyFlame
09-10-2015, 11:25 PM
I have only ever found one legit shiny, not counting Gyarados, and thats a actually (funny enough) a magikarp. I was just dicking around in a Emerald ROM recently and encountered this shiny magikarp. I think I had like 4 pokeballs or something and caught it on the last one. I proceeded to name it Godmode and am currently in the process of beating the game solo without evolving him.

CaptainRed1000
09-11-2015, 03:43 PM
1. The Shiny Espeon in the Battle Tower in LGFF was my first ever shiny encounter (You didn't say it had to be a wild encounter ;) )

2. Was catching a bunch of pokemon to transfer my competitive pokemon from White to Black 2. Encountered a shiny Purloin. Caught it.

3. Was level grinding in a Pokemon fan game (forgot which one), and I found a shiny Geodude.

4. Was level grinding in Omega Ruby to challenge the Dewford Gym, found a Shiny Abra. Thankfully, my Pickup Zigzagoon had provided me an Ultra Ball, and I caught it in one.

5. Was level grinding in Omega Ruby to challenge the Pokemon League, found a Shiny Loudred. Nicknamed it "UpAndAtEm!!" (Name the reference, get a cookie)

Pokemon73
09-11-2015, 07:12 PM
5. Was level grinding in Omega Ruby to challenge the Pokemon League, found a Shiny Loudred. Nicknamed it "UpAndAtEm!!" (Name the reference, get a cookie)

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

yay free cookies <3 don't worry I'll share :)

herothezero
09-15-2015, 06:01 PM
Sometime last year, during my second run of Pokemon X, I was grinding before the E4 (this run was anti-EXP Share). I lost all my ****, as green Druddigon with a sparkle in it's eye appeared before me. It also made me realize that I've been playing Pokemon for ten years. Maybe when I'm 26, I'll run into my second shiny.