PDA

View Full Version : One Punch Man

SuperSceptile
09-29-2015, 12:30 AM
So apparently the manga is really good, but it's getting adapted into anime now. The first episode pre aired and I first watched it today. For anyone wondering, it's by Madhouse studios, and the animation is GORGEOUS! The first episode already was freaking insane and I can't wait until fall when it officially airs. I thought I was only going to watch Noragami Aragoto this fall, but this changed my mind. Also, the main character looks like Captain Underpants.

EDIT: The 1st episode has officially been released. It's so f****** good.

ozzi9816
10-11-2015, 03:56 AM
This series is so hilarious, some of the jokes even caught me off guard, I just didn't expect an anime to go that far with its humor

SuperSceptile
10-11-2015, 04:20 AM
This series is so hilarious, some of the jokes even caught me off guard, I just didn't expect an anime to go that far with its humor

This is nothing. I decided to read the manga because I was hyped, but this series is just insane and I can't wait for some parts to be animated. Plus episode 2 tomorrow!

SuperSceptile
10-18-2015, 08:42 PM
Sorry for double posting, but it's been 2 weeks. Episode 3 just came out. This anime is GLORIOUS!
https://d.maxfile.ro/flbjxdkxlv.webm
LMFAO

Majorasfan
01-13-2016, 03:16 AM
Yeah, I finished the series just a few days ago. I'm definitely a fan. It looked gorgeous, it was hilarious, and it did everything right. I tend to become a bit of a hipster in regards to the super popular stuff, but this one I'm behind 100%.

SuperSceptile
01-13-2016, 04:28 AM
Yeah, I finished the series just a few days ago. I'm definitely a fan. It looked gorgeous, it was hilarious, and it did everything right. I tend to become a bit of a hipster in regards to the super popular stuff, but this one I'm behind 100%.

How about that last fight tho.

Majorasfan
01-13-2016, 05:17 AM
How about that last fight tho.

The intensity was certainly real. I love silly Saitama, but it was awesome to see him super serious mode.

Also the supporting cast really started to take shape, which is awesome.

Tuxy
01-13-2016, 11:34 AM
I watched One Punch Man right after it finished airing, because it's been hyped endlessly. Even has some of the best ratings of all time on some tracking sites. The series didn't quite hold up to that, but it was a very fun ride nonetheless. The plot itself wasn't that interesting and kinda repetitive at times, but the characters really made the show stand out. Saitama was one of the best protagonists I've seen in a while.

SuperSceptile
01-13-2016, 12:52 PM
The intensity was certainly real. I love silly Saitama, but it was awesome to see him super serious mode.

Also the supporting cast really started to take shape, which is awesome.

The funniest part or that is the fact that he wasn't serious. He just wanted to give Boros a good fight because he could sympathize with him. That's the one thing the anime didn't do that good a job of showing.

Best part of the series is the Mumen Rider speech and they made it even better in the anime.

Merga
01-13-2016, 11:35 PM
Mumen Rider only shows that not all heroes wear capes, but all you need is a helmet, a bicycle, and a dream. He is just a man like you and me, he rides a bike one pedal at a time. He inspires kids by teaching them proper bicycle safety, and fights through every battle with a helmet on, preventing fatal head damage. Mumen Rider is willing to give someone a ride, no matter how long the trip is, he never gives up and keeps on peddling, leaving him enough strength to use his breaks and lift his arms to make proper turn signals. We should all inspire to be like Mumen Rider, an everyday hero who goes to work, knowing that he is not the best out there, but makes the most of it with a bicycle.

God bless Mumen Rider!

Kyoits
02-06-2016, 04:23 PM
I remember when the show was first released and I thought that it was going to actually be somewhat serious, even after seeing the main character. After seeing the first episode I fell in love with it. The show is amazing and the characters in it are amazing. My favorite was definitely Genose because he seemed to have the most character to me and he was the only real action in the show even though he would just get his *** kicked most of the time. Mumen Rider was another great one because he wasn't some freak with amazing powers, but he was still able to "help" and inspire a wide range of people. Now, moving on to OPM himself, Saitaima, the god, I love this character so much because of his unique design, his purpose for wanting to become a hero, and the fact that he can kill anything with one punch. Something that does bug me though although it is not really because of the show, but because of some of the fans of the show. People continue to try and compare Saitama to other characters like Superman and Goku, and I know that people are going to do this no matter what, but it really is annoying because that is not what the character was made for and it just never really made since to me. I think that the main reason none of theses matches could work is because of the fact that they all take place in completely different universes. In the OPM universe, Saitaima is made out to be a person that can kill anything with just a punch, while in a universe like DBZ where there are Gods, planet busters, and even freaking galaxy busters, he would not stand a chance against any of them. With all that put aside, OPM was an amazing anime and I hope that we get a season 2 even though it is not likely because of the reputation that MadHouse has had over the past few years.

10/10