PDA

View Full Version : Worst Injury You've Ever Had

Aaron
11-25-2015, 08:20 PM
Tbh I think the title says it all.

When I was in Year 5 of school (wow, that was six years ago), I remember I was riding home from school one day on my scooter. There was this really sharp corner that I was always took carefully, but on this particular day I decided not to take it so carefully. I tried to speed around it, and fell off of my scooter. I landed directly on my left wrist, and it hurt like a *****. I couldn't even ride home because it hurt too much to hold the handle of my scooter, so I had to walk it home. It hurt the rest of the day, but it was in the evening that it really started to hurt. After a trip to the hospital, it turned out I had broken my wrist.

Tainers14
11-25-2015, 09:34 PM
broke my arm when I was MINI tainers. Let's just say it was a happy little accident with lots of crying I think. I actually can't remember if I cried. I was a tough kid with a rude attitude(jk totes pleasant. Like the street) and you never know with those kids.

Was physically D TAINED for 2 months.

CaptainRed1000
11-25-2015, 10:12 PM
Fun Fact: Everyone in my family has cracked their head open at least once. Except for me. My head is fine.

Worst injury I've ever sustained was 2-3 years ago. We were in Canada for our annual skiing trip. It was snowing pretty bad and I got my ski's stuck under the snow and tripped down the slope. It was freezing and I didn't realise I had fractured my collarbone until the snowmobile arrived and the ski patrol guy tried to get me on it. It really didn't hurt as much as I thought it would at the time. The worst thing about this accident is that it occured 3 days into a 2 week skiing holiday. The remaining 11 days were spent in the lodge, in bed, with my arm in a sling. Fun times.

Tainers14
11-26-2015, 02:49 AM
Fun Fact: Everyone in my family has cracked their head open at least once. Except for me. My head is fine.

Worst injury I've ever sustained was 2-3 years ago. We were in Canada for our annual skiing trip. It was snowing pretty bad and I got my ski's stuck under the snow and tripped down the slope. It was freezing and I didn't realise I had fractured my collarbone until the snowmobile arrived and the ski patrol guy tried to get me on it. It really didn't hurt as much as I thought it would at the time. The worst thing about this accident is that it occured 3 days into a 2 week skiing holiday. The remaining 11 days were spent in the lodge, in bed, with my arm in a sling. Fun times.

You have one lucky head.

Rocket
11-26-2015, 04:26 AM
In my opinion, both of these are equally as bad. Both during 4th grade. The first one, I fractured a bone in my writing arm while being dumb, and riding on a moving part of an exersizing machine, and falling off. Everyone didn't even think something was wrong until the next DAY. So I want through an entire another night and day before I went to the emergency room. I couldn't use that arm for a good two months. On the second on, I skinned my left shin on a sharp turn in mid-July while riding my bike home from the library. I didn't have a phone on me, and it was a 1/2 mile walk back home. I was bleeding the while way. Later, it got infected and I was out of commission for almost the entire rest of the summer.

Merga
11-26-2015, 05:13 AM
I was stupid enough to jump out of my car while it was running in the 5th grade. Ended up breaking my left elbow and fracturing my right wrist. I had to have an extra teacher write homework and stuff down for me. I did gain the amazing ability to play a round of Mario Party with my feet though.

Dragonite
11-26-2015, 05:36 AM
so I had this thread open like 2 days ago to write a response and, uh, never did. good job, @。・゚・◝(-◕-ヮ-◕)◜・゚・。 !

disclaimer: i don't get injured much and this story is more ridiculous than . . . inury-ish.

Anyway, I used to ride my bike to school. Like, about 140 days out of the total 180. Including when it was still dark in the morning, 20 Fahrenheit, rainy, snowy, repaving the road and any combination of those. So one day when a bunch of those weather conditions were in effect at the same time, I hit a rock or something that functioned like a rock and went flying and did . . . something . . . to my arm. So obviously, the logical thing to do was spend like 10 minutes trying to get the chain back on the gear and finish riding the 1.5 miles to school and ask for a bit of ice. Apparently they thought it would be a better idea to send me off to get an x-ray to see if I broke anything.

Didn't actually break anything (I forget what it actually was) but I got to wear this lovely cast on my writing arm for a week. Grr.

Ayra
11-26-2015, 08:26 AM
So, I've actually never had a significant injury, so I have no funny story to tell.

CaptainRed1000
11-26-2015, 01:07 PM
You have one lucky head.

It isn't so much luck as it is common sense. My brothers both sustained their injuries in the pool, one jumping in too close to the edge, the other was when he tried to climb on top of a giant inflatable hamster ball, which then rotated and he hit his head on the pool edge. My little 9 yr old sister was running in a wet bathroom, slipped and hit her head on the shower door frame. All accidents were a result of a lack of common sense.

TheTrainerExpert
12-20-2015, 05:02 AM
So, I have two injuries to speak of. One time at a beach, my brother and I were collecting the big rocks. We had a good collection going. Then when he found another one, he thought it was a good idea to lob it over to me. He did it, but it connected with the top of my head and busted it open. I had to get stitches for that >_<. Now the second injury occured in my backyard. I was playing baseball with my neighborhood friends. I lept over the small hill to chase a ground ball, only to crash land on the sidewalk with my right wrist under my knee. I let out a scream and held my wrist, then I proceeded to go back in my house. After a trip to the ER, I found out that it got broken. Man, I didn't realize how painful my childhood was...

UbersSuck20
12-20-2015, 02:34 PM
Back in 2013 I fractured my left ankle, but recovered surprisingly fast. Was playing soccer when my foot slipped and... you can imagine the rest.