PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Jack to air on Cartoon Network again

Merga
12-02-2015, 06:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HukqDEYW30c&feature=youtu.be

So this show is coming back to Cartoon Network on the Toonami block. Samurai Jack was one of my favorite shows when we first got Cartoon Network, and I was sad when I found out they weren't going to continue the story. However, they just announced a new season of Samurai Jack, and I got super excited. I'm probably going to binge watch Samurai Jack over the weekend whenever I have time, but I recommend watching if you haven't already. Thoughts?

Xerodragon12
12-02-2015, 10:34 PM
To clarify, this isn't a reboot, or a retelling of Samurai Jack. This is a straight up continuation of the story. There are only two questions left to answer: does the continuation of the story on TV start where the last season left off and invalidate the comics, does this take place after the comics, or is this a retelling of the comics? (If it's the latter, I wonder if they'll adapt the arc where Jack and the Scotsman both end up cursed and have their genders swapped) The second question I have is, will Greg Baldwin take on the voice of Aku? He did a great job taking over for Uncle Iroh after Mako's passing, but will he do the same for Aku, or will Aku get a new voice or be silent?

Roxas
12-03-2015, 03:38 AM
This just plain weird because I chose to study Genndy Tartakovsky for my final art project this week. Makes me want to give the show a watch.

Zachgoose
12-03-2015, 06:05 PM
Nice! Samurai Jack was boss. Will be interesting to see them continue it. It's been what, 10 years?

Minntul
12-03-2015, 07:23 PM
I'm so happy I hope I get to see my kin again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-LyFMCIpok

I'm glad it'll be on Adult Swim, it'll probably give the writers more freedom in what they can and can't do.

Tainers14
12-03-2015, 09:54 PM
Yessss! Haven't thought about this show in a while. Glad it's making a comeback. Adult Swim has been on point recently.