PDA

View Full Version : I'm salty

Aaron
12-02-2015, 06:52 PM
"In both versions of SSB 4, a level 9 CPU has a reaction time of one frame, meaning that the instant you input the button combination for a certain attack, they're already air-dodging out of harm's way. Meanwhile, of course, they're free to whale on you as much as they want."
"In both versions of SSB 4, a level 9 CPU has a reaction time of one frame, meaning that the instant you input the button combination for a certain attack, they're already air-dodging out of harm's way. Meanwhile, of course, they're free to whale on you as much as they want."

This is why I'm salty.

(Courtesy of http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheComputerIsACheatingBastard)

also im really bad but let's not talk about that

SuperSceptile
12-02-2015, 07:25 PM
I only have one thing to say about this.

*ahem*

Git gud.

Aaron
12-02-2015, 07:31 PM
i said we don't talk about my lack of skill D:<

Dragonite
12-02-2015, 10:41 PM
hellooooooooo, rubberbanding.

Aaron
12-02-2015, 10:51 PM
hellooooooooo, rubberbanding.

tv tropes doesnt seem to think that smash 4 has rubber band ai. i, on the other hand, think that's ******** and it does, since level 9 ai seem to be really good at gaining leads and then keeping them.

Starry
12-03-2015, 01:17 AM
All you have to do is mash every button at the same time. This will cause infinite possibilities the AI has to account for, so, instead, they'll just fly off the screen by themselves.

Dragonite
12-03-2015, 06:04 AM
tv tropes doesnt seem to think that smash 4 has rubber band ai. i, on the other hand, think that's ******** and it does, since level 9 ai seem to be really good at gaining leads and then keeping them.

there's technically a difference, rubberbanding is more like "automatically gets critical hits and parahax on every turn until you lose the battle" where this is more like "a level 10 Metagross that has 31 IVs and 252 EVs in all 6 stats."

the outcome, of course, is basically the same.

Tainers14
12-03-2015, 09:56 PM
Maybe you should turn the difficulty to 8? that'll show the devs that they can't use their 1 frame dodge mechanics ai.

Aaron
12-03-2015, 10:01 PM
that's a good idea, but level 8s are normally pretty easy