PDA

View Full Version : Apple and the FBI

Roxas
02-17-2016, 07:49 PM
Apple has refused to help the FBI, regarding the San Bernardino attacks from a while ago. Contrary to the clickbait headlines, the FBI asked for Apple to create a backdoor tool to ALL Apple products as opposed to inspecting the singular iPhone of said attackers. Tim Cook commented that is important to uphold our privacy rights and to avoid participating in a propagandized fear from the government. What are your thoughts?

Mad props, Apple.

Dragonite
02-17-2016, 08:53 PM
One of the American government's stronger suits is its uncanny ability to demonstrate how little it knows about technology. I don't particularly care if the NSA knows that I call Grandma twice a week and I highly doubt they're going to bother installing a keylogger to steal my YouTube password, but there kinds of things tend to have a lot more ways they can be abused than used to save people and it only takes one gimpy government employee to turn this from a security operation to a George Orwell kind of thing.

At least they're not calling for an all-out ban on encryption like that other what's-her-face country tried. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encryption_ban_proposal_in_the_United_Kingdom