PDA

View Full Version : How does this look?

ChaosLord
05-02-2011, 01:56 PM
This is only my second post @_@, so be gentle. Was hoping to use this team to start battling other people, so it would be cool to know if its up to the challenge.

Game: Black
Use: Hopefully competitive to semicompetitive, I'm pretty new to battling.

----------------------------------------Team--------------------------------------------------
Crustle(Bug/Rock)@Mental Herb
Sturdy
Adamant
196 Att, 252 Att, 60 Spe
-X-Scissor
-Spikes
-Stealth Rocks
-Stone Edge

Weavile(Dark/Ice)@Life Orb
Pressure
Jolly
4 HP, 252 Att, 252 Spe
-Night Slash
-Swords Dance
-Ice Punch
-Brick Break

Gengar(Ghost/Poison)@???
Levitate
Timid
252SpA, 252spe, 4hp
-Shadow Ball
-Substitute
-Energy Ball
-Focus Blast

Metagross(Steel/Psychic)@Occa Berry (or ???)
Clear Body
Adamant
240 HP, 252 Att, 16 Spe
-Claw Sharpen
-Meteor Mash
-Zen Headbutt
-Earthquake

Jellicent(Water/Ghost)@Leftovers/???
Water Absorb
Calm
252 HP, 4 SpA, 252 SpD
-Scald
-Recover
-Will-o-Wisp
-Ice Beam
(Sorry, Jellicents sprite also would not load)

Rotom-W(Water/Electric)@Leftovers
Levitate
Calm
252 HP, 168 Def, 88 Spe
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Will-o-wisp
-Hidden Power[Ice]
Notes: Being a natural Rotom-W(without the max IV's I presume AR gives), its HP Ice probably isn't the max 70 power, which makes it weird as it really does need the type coverage. Any suggestions?

So yeah that's the team. For me it seems a little bit less "balanced" than other teams I've seen, most blatantly seeming to lack the obvious tanking choices that I have seen around (milotic/Skarmory/gliscor ect...). I'm really new at making teams and battling in general, so every scrap of advise helps, down to the smallest thing. Also, if you see someone on the team who could be replaced by X pokemon which would do a better job, please tell me. This team is made of pokemon me and my friend (black and white versions) could get naturally, so it is missing things that I could get from trades or other channels. Thanks!

Edited by TheAwesomeOne to match the new rules.
Please add descriptions.
Otherwise, very nice team.

[Team edited at 5/3]

GDItsMeInTheFlesh
05-02-2011, 02:15 PM
On Dragonite I would suggest Leftovers. Go Jolly on Weavile. Crustle is a strange lead but i suppose it works. You need a wall I suggest something with an Ice resistance.

Demyx
05-02-2011, 02:37 PM
A jellicent or ferrothorn would work very good in this team. I'd suggest replacing mienshao cause youve got alot of offensive types.

ChaosLord
05-02-2011, 02:53 PM
A jellicent or ferrothorn would work very good in this team. I'd suggest replacing mienshao cause youve got alot of offensive types.

Yeah I was thinking about adding one of those, my friend runs a Ferrothorn so I've seen it in action, and it is good. I'm leaning more towards jellicent because I have had problems with strong fires in the past (like heatran), so it should help alleviate that in addition to not adding to the problem like Ferro would. The only downside I see for jellicent is I dont think it hits nearly as hard as ferro and its weak to grass just like my rotom is, so that makes both my tankier choices bad switches for that.

Demyx
05-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Yeah I was thinking about adding one of those, my friend runs a Ferrothorn so I've seen it in action, and it is good. I'm leaning more towards jellicent because I have had problems with strong fires in the past (like heatran), so it should help alleviate that in addition to not adding to the problem like Ferro would. The only downside I see for jellicent is I dont think it hits nearly as hard as ferro and its weak to grass just like my rotom is, so that makes both my tankier choices bad switches for that.

Yh its true they both have downsides but for ferrothorn when you expect an fire attack you can only really switch into rotom w or crustle but when you expect a grass type attack on jellicent you can switch into nearly everyone on your team except for crustle or rotom w.

ChaosLord
05-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Yh its true they both have downsides but for ferrothorn when you expect an fire attack you can only really switch into rotom w or crustle but when you expect a grass type attack on jellicent you can switch into nearly everyone on your team except for crustle or rotom w.

Hmm. Very true. Seems like ill trade out Mienshao for a Jellicent that will look something like:

Jellicent (Water/Ghost)
Scald
Recover
Will-O-Wisp
Ice Beam

Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Bold
EV: 252hp/252def/4SpD
Item: Leftovers

Looks about right, though I don't know about the items for these things, since item limiting to 1 means a leftovers battle between rotom/jelly/dragonite, and i'm not sure about alternatives.

Demyx
05-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Hmm. Very true. Seems like ill trade out Mienshao for a Jellicent that will look something like:

Jellicent (Water/Ghost)
Scald
Recover
Will-O-Wisp
Ice Beam

Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Bold
EV: 252hp/252def/4SpD
Item: Leftovers

Looks about right, though I don't know about the items for these things, since item limiting to 1 means a leftovers battle between rotom/jelly/dragonite, and i'm not sure about alternatives.

Calm nature is best on a jellicent. plus because you have W-o-W it will minus damage done from psychical attacks.

ChaosLord
05-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Calm nature is best on a jellicent. plus because you have W-o-W it will minus damage done from psychical attacks.

Should I run Calm and keep the Def EV's or change it to a more SpD EV spread?

Demyx
05-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Should I run Calm and keep the Def EV's or change it to a more SpD EV spread?

Run calm with theese evs Sp.def- 252 Hp-252 Sp.atk-4

ChaosLord
05-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Run calm with theese evs Sp.def- 252 Hp-252 Sp.atk-4

Ah I see, thanks.

Demyx
05-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Your welcome ;D

coders17
05-03-2011, 01:22 AM
u wanna test out ur team on me

Vash
05-03-2011, 01:33 AM
You should get a spinner,just in case, seeing as half your team would be weak to SR.

MultiZMAN95
05-03-2011, 04:46 AM
Weavile go for jolly
Crustle Make it a bit more defensive
If U could Find A DW dragonite use it the DW ability of Dragonite is Great Multiscale- The first attack that hits ur dragonite will be reduced by 50% everytime ur HP is full
For Your Last Poke try out Conkeldurr or Anything Offensive but can take hits

PokemonRules!
05-03-2011, 01:58 PM
Edited to match new Rules.

ChaosLord
05-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Edited to match new Rules.

Ooops my bad, they must have literally been updating the rules while I was making this, as I had it open in another tab for reference :P. Anyway I was thinking that for the lack of a spinner I could drop jellicent, add a tentacruel which I suppose would function in a similar fashion but also allow me to have access to spin. I'm going to scrap dragonite as the much needed superpower is a 4th gen tutor move which I do not have access to at the moment (not to mention my luck in dreamworld is abysmal) , and I'll probably replace him with one of the spares I had, most likely gengar, so I'll update the main team. Thanks for all the replies :)

[Edit]

u wanna test out ur team on me
Sure, I guess just PM me everything I need to know and we can do that when you want :)

PokemonRules!
05-03-2011, 03:21 PM
I did it an hour ago:)

IkkiMustang
05-03-2011, 11:54 PM
I suggest a regice as a defensive wall he can also sponge off special hits as well.

ChaosLord
05-04-2011, 12:00 AM
I suggest a regice as a defensive wall he can also sponge off special hits as well.

Regice definitely looks good for the job. I would say its definitely better than jellicent (for this team anyway), but I don't know how to compare it with the other option of a tentacruel. Regice is probably a better special wall (but ice does have a lot of weaknesses) and is definitely stronger on the attack, but lacks the rapid spin capability that people have pointed out that I am missing. Thoughts? And any good builds for Regice?

PokemonRules!
05-04-2011, 03:41 PM
What about P2 Eviolite?
Or Chansey?

ChaosLord
05-05-2011, 05:02 AM
Yeah I'm actually trying to get a porygon through trading at the moment, not too sure about chansey though. Wasn't thinking of using P2 with eviolite, I heard it was good, but not sure if it would be better than normal dedicated walls (though I guess having good SpA along with its movepool and better defense and recovery would be pretty tough).

PokemonRules!
05-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Porygon2@Eviolite
Calm/Bold
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD(I dunno)
-Toxic
-Discharge
-Recover
-Ice Beam
Beast in 4th Gen without Eviolite, but not too sure about 5th Gen.

shadow uae
05-05-2011, 06:41 PM
it looks great but put another forum of rotom
like fan rotom

PokemonRules!
05-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Fan Rotom only gets Air Slash, use Leaf or heat Rotom, they good type combo's.

ChaosLord
05-06-2011, 05:25 AM
Different forms of rotom doesn't violate species clause?

PokemonRules!
05-06-2011, 04:29 PM
I think he meant replace Wash Rotom.
And I don't think it would, not sure though.

Vash
05-13-2011, 03:45 AM
It looks like your avoiding it, but try giving Ferrothorn some room on your team. :p

[MaNiAc]
05-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Well you could always replace Crustle with Ferrothorn :S
But I personally like that you have Crustle there :D

garchompmaster29
05-13-2011, 10:10 PM
NO REGICE! It is weak to the three most common 5th gen attacks (fire, fighting, and rock), and is weak to stealth rocks. Whereas jellicent has one of the best defensive typings in the whole freaking game. It also doesn't get wil-o-wisp or boil over.