PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Of The Week - 1

PokemonRules!
05-10-2011, 05:16 PM
[CENTER]The first Pokémon in the POTW is...............
TYRANITAR!!!

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs24/150/f/2007/350/b/f/Pokemon_Tyranitar_by_masterrabbit.jpg

Tyranitar, the Armor Pokémon. Its body can't be harmed by any sort of attack, so it is very eager to make challenges against enemies. Extremely strong, it can change the landscape. It has an insolent nature that makes it not care about others. If it rampages, it knocks down mountains and buries rivers. Maps must be redrawn afterward.

Tyranitar… Perhaps one of the most powerful Pokémon ever created. Its gargantuan Attack Stat means that it’ll be crushing all in its way. Large defensive stats everywhere means that Tyranitar is almost guaranteed to live through an attack. An odd speed stat, yet another one of its niches, means that it outruns any base 115 Pokémon if it’s holding a Choice Scarf, whereas a single stat lower, it would not. Decent Special Attack allows it to run special attacking sets, which can surprise many opponents. Also, on top of all this, it has a large support and offensive move pool, like Superpower, Thunder Wave, and Stealth Rock, and can fit into many teams with ease. Even its abilities sound nasty. Sand Stream makes an infinite Sandstorm, which boosts Tyranitar’s Special Defense by 1.5x, while Tension disallows the opponent to use its berry. However, Tension is generally unused since Sandstorm is what makes Tyranitar good, Bulky, and have access to good moves like Focus Punch and Ice Punch. Despite these strong points, 5th Gen powerhouses, both offensive and defensive will give it trouble.

Choice Banded Terror
Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sandstream
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake / Superpower
- Crunch
- Fire Punch / Pursuit
Tyranitar’s natural bulk and great attack makes him an ideal candidate for Choice Band. Stone Edge is here for STAB, while Earthquake’s coverage compliments Stone Edge. Crunch is yet another STAB Move, with better reliability. Fire Punch catches Ferrothorn, while Pursuit catches weak Psychic types and Ghost types, or simply Pokemon who flee, like a Ninjask Baton Passing or a Volt Switching Thundurus. Should you opt for Pursuit, Superpower is an option so that Ferrothorn remains in check, and due to the rapidly switching nature of Choice Item holders, Tyranitar doesn't really mind the Attack and Defense Drops.

EVs / Nature
As with most other Tyranitar, we want to hit hard as possible. 252 Attack EVs reaches Tyranitar’s maximum, 76 Speed outruns most Jellicent and Quiet Lead Dragonite, and the rest goes into HP. An Alternative spread would be 80 HP / 224 Atk / 128 SDef / 76 Spd, which maintains most of this set’s bulk, speed and attack but allows Tyranitar to switch into and trap Specs Latios (2 Turns of Sandstorm + Pursuit will KO it if it decides not to switch) if Stealth Rock is not in play on your side. However, it is extremely situational.

Choice Scarfed Tar
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake / Superpower

Ahh... Tyranitar. It probably one of the best really slow Choice Scarfers out there. Why? Well, it hits 364 Speed, whereas those one speed stat below it (60 Base Speed) Only hit 360 Speed. What's the difference? Tyranitar outruns Starmie, and other base 115s. That, along with Pursuit, will set them right. Should they flee, Pursuit will catch them, and if they don't, Pursuit 2HKOs anyway. Crunch takes on some of the nastier, bulkier stuff like Latias. Stone Edge has STAB and will remove stuff like Zapdos or Gyarados before you are dented. Earthquake and Superpower both compliment Stone Edge's coverage and well, work.

EVs / Nature
Simply put, this set runs enough speed to outrun base 115s then focuses on destruction.

Tar Choiced Again!
Tyranitar @ Choice Specs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 232 SAtk / 20 Spd
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Superpower / Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Yep, the great beast can do Choice Specs as well, proving it's versatility. The main factor here is surprise. Dark Pulse provides reliable STAB, and takes down stuff like Latias and Jellicent. Fire Blast takes down the ever present Ferrothorn, Superpower mashes Blissey once your opponent finds out what you're holding, but Thunderbolt kills off bulky water types. Ice Beam takes down Dragons and stuff. Specs isn't Tyranitar's cup of tea, but if played correctly, can kill off many of its usual counters.

EVs / Nature
It 2HKOs Blissey and 3HKOs Chansey if Chansey's being dumb, with Superpower. 20 Speed EVs help it outrun Blissey so that it doesn't Softboil first. If not running Superpower, then the normal 252 / 252 Spread is fine.

Lead-iTar
Tyranitar @ Leftovers / Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch / Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

WHA TYRANITAR CAN LEAD? Well, it's true. Stealth Rock is always useful, with all this stuff flying around, might as well hit them with some rocks. Crunch allows for crunching, or rather, give you a primary reliable STAB Move. Pursuit, however, has utility later in the game. Fire Blast is there so that Skarmory and Forretress go down. Superpower wrecks other Tyranitar and Ferrothorn. While this probably doesn't work out too well, it's good for setting up Sandstorm early. Leftovers actually works here, since you wanna be takin hits. Chople Berry, however, saves you from stuff like Mach Punch and weaker Close Combats.

EVs / Nature
Simple. Maximum attack and HP Since Fire Blast's targets all have Sturdy anyway.

Dragon Dancing Rex
Tyranitar @ Life Orb / Lum Berry / Chople Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, - SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Stone Edge / Ice Punch
- Low Kick / Superpower / Fire Punch

Dragon Dance is the combined Scarf-Band combo. The bad thing is, Tyranitar doesn't work very well like this anymore, especially with Scizor and stuff running around. Oh well. Dragon Dance boosts Attack and Speed, and you know how good that is if you've used Salamence. Crunch = Reliability. Stone Edge is another STAB, but Ice Punch kills Gliscor and Garchomp. Low Kick is preferred here so that Other Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, and stuff like that go down. Superpower disposes Porygon2 more soundly, and Fire Punch decimates Scizor. And Forretress, who usually blows up early in the game or something.

EVs / Nature
Max Attack Max Speed Rest HP. Bleh.

TyraniBOAH
Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 96 SAtk / 52 SDef / 68 Spd
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Crunch
- Flamethrower / Ice Beam

Boah was pretty much the king of 3rd gen. It broke stall teams down like nothing else, being able to decimate every defensive wall used at the same. It has changed a bit now, but with the defensive powerhouses such as Ferrothorn, Forretress, Eviolite Porygon2, Boah is actually pretty useful in 5th gen. Substitute protects you from status, damage, and allows you to use Focus Punch with no fear of being flinched. Tyranitar also gets 101 subs. If it didn't, Boah would not have worked. Focus Punch wrecks Normal Pokémon like Blissey, which is the punch's main job. Crunch decimates pringles ghost... sorry, Jellicent, which is a popular special sponge. Flamethrower completely destroys Ferrothorn, Forretress and Skarmory, all of which are very popular in 5th gen. However, Ice Beam can beat down common physical walls and Tyranitar switch ins like Gliscor.

Couldn't have said it better, since I never played 3rd Gen. Reno says it all :3
However, a better EV Spread would be 252 HP / 44 Atk / 96 SAtk / 116 Spd, since most Jellicent sit at 167 Speed.

EVs / Nature
Well yeah. I don't need to explain this, but I will. Maximum HP Gives Tyranitar 101 Substitutes, 40 Attack and 96 Special Attack do... Well, the special attack 2HKOs standard Physical wall Skarmory and 44 Attack is leftover. 116 speed outruns standard Jellicent.

Mix-iTar
Tyranitar @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
EVs: 60 Atk / 252 SAtk / 196 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Crunch / Thunderbolt
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

This set, is, once again copied from Serebii since no one mentioned it in the POTW Forum page, and I couldn't get it right. Crunch kills any special walls in your way, though Thunderbolt wrecks most Bulky water types. Superpower is great when it comes to opposing Tyranitars and Ferrothorns. Ice Beam kills Gliscor switchins and Flamethrower KOs anything whose last name name starts is Scizor. Or Forretress. Basically, this Tyranitar is here to KO Anything that would usually stop it, and yeah. Expert Belt aids that objective by faking a Choice set, whereas Life Orb packs all the power that Tyranitar needs.

EVs / Nature
196 Speed EVs and Hasty outrun neutral base 95s, 252 SAtk hits hard, and 60 Atk is leftover. Whatever.

General Supporto-iTar
Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave / Fire Blast
- Pursuit
- Dragon Tail

Sets up Stealth Rock and stuff like that. That's what this Tyranitar does. get the job done. Stealth Rock. Because it is. Thunder Wave Paralyses stuff, but Fire Blast kills Ferrothorn. I personally prefer paralysis. Pursuit traps weak Latios and Starmie, Gengar and Chandelure. Dragon Tail Phazes stuff before stuff gets buffed up too much. It works with Stealth Rock, and is good for spreading Paralysis.

EVs / Nature
Well, we want Bulk. We want to hit hard. Well, you can alter the EVs however.

Other Possible Options:
Aqua Tail, Avalanche, Counter-Sash, Curse, Payback, Rest-Talk, Rock Polish, Taunt, Thunderpunch. Aqua Tail hits Bulky Ground Types the hardest. Avalanche could work but it's generally outclassed by Ice Punch. Counter-Sash might work since everyone's going to aim Fighting typed moves at Tyranitar. Curse and Payback could be used together on a Rest-Talk Set. Rock Polish makes Tyranitar fast, but it doesn't have much Potential. Taunt stops slow walls, but Tyranitar is actually a little too slow. Thunderpunch hits Bulky water types hard.

Checks and Counters:
Fighting Types. Most of those will be able to handle Tyranitar, since they can outspeed and KO With Close Combat or Hi Jump Kick. These are, Hitmontop, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Lucario, Cobalion, Gallade, Mienshao, Etcetera. Most of these cannot handle Earthquake, due to a low Defense stat. Cobalion actually works well, since it's a Physical wall, but watch out for Special attacking sets.. Bulky Water Types stop it as well, not to mention Scizor's Bullet Punch. A Special Attacking set is usually walled by Blissey, but Blissey must not switch into Superpower. Gliscor kills any non-Ice Punch / Beam Tyranitar. Quagsire stops Curses and Dragon Dancers. Grass Knot and Low Kick will 2HKO At worst. Mach Punch will usually deal a substantial amount of damage.

PKMNbattleSchemes
05-10-2011, 06:35 PM
wow dont say for the dumber people out there
it dosn't help at all
and really i would just retype the whole thing
POTW is usually for beginners
so saying their stupid will not help

PokemonRules!
05-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Yeah, kinda true, replaced a bit.
The other bit doesn't really need changing, I mean all you need is common sense.

Flame Mistress
05-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Heh... Funny. Teaching the noobs.

PKMNbattleSchemes
05-10-2011, 06:57 PM
lets start of with my personal fav

Ability: sand stream
Item: life orb/lum berry
moves:
Dragon Dance
Outrage/Dragon claw
Stone edge/Earthquake/Crunch
Stone edge/Earthquake/Crunch
Nature: Jolly (+spd -sp. atk) Adamant (+atk - sp atk)
EV: 252 Atk 252 speed 4 hp
description: DD-Tar: after a single dragon dance and with a jolly nature you become able to outspeed most everything not called excadrill amd with the atk boost you are able to either OHKO or 2HKO most everything. for moves you'll want outrage seeing as it is one of the most powerful moves or dragon claw if you dont want to be locked into the move. for the last two moves Stone edge is powerful and gets stab, earthquake is a good move in general and crunch has the FlinchHax which could potentionally win you the game

Leobreacker
05-10-2011, 07:55 PM
T-tar stats are extremely well placed and its one of the best pokemon to get lower hits from water types.
Its weak, but it can learn moves that are even weak for water types.
Also the Ability: sand stream is extremely useful as it raises the defense of T-Tar.

PokemonRules!
05-10-2011, 08:35 PM
*Special Defense.

Tyranitar@Choice Band
Sand Stream
Adamant
180 HP, 252 Att, 76 Spe
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Pursuit/Fire Punch
Typical Choice Banded Tyranitar.

Leobreacker
05-10-2011, 11:00 PM
*Special Defense.

Tyranitar@Choice Band
Sand Stream
Adamant
180 HP, 252 Att, 76 Spe
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Pursuit/Fire Punch
Typical Choice Banded Tyranitar.

I guess the disadvantage for T-Tar is its speed?

Mindblown94
05-11-2011, 01:35 AM
I haven't seen this one posted yet so here's the one I use. It's a specially defensive set.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers Lv. 100
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 hp, 252 sdef
Earthquake
Pursuit
Stone Edge
Stealth Rock

[MaNiAc]
05-11-2011, 02:34 AM
I've never used a T-Tar on a team before, but I've faced countless of them xD

They are being fantastic at providing support, offense, and defense. Almost an absolute must on Sandstorm-based teams.

ExcitedPanda
05-11-2011, 03:37 AM
Tyranitar is commonly used in competitive battle you'll be seeing more of them Maniac.

theBlob
05-11-2011, 05:54 AM
Lead T-Tar

Tyranitar @ Jolly
Leftovers/anti-fighting berry/nothing
Taunt
Stealth Rocks
Knock Off / Thief
Rock Slide / Stone Edge

Quite a workable set. Taunt to take out other leads, rocks to set up, knock off / thief to take out their item and Rock Slide / SE to get damage and not be taunt bait. Also lets him get super-effective hits on Abomasnow.

CloudNine
05-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Lead Tar:
Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Sand Stream
136 HP / 252 Atk / 80 SAtk
Brave Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Crunch / Pursuit
-Stone Edge
-Fire Blast

Sand Stream for the boost in SDef, and makes Ttar bulky. Stealth Rock because that's what you like to do, and it annoys people. Also, it lets you laugh in Volcarona's face. Crunch / Pursuit lets you hit ghosts, and gives you some STAB. Pursuit may be weaker, but it allows you to hit ghosts who are running away, after you switch in to their moves. Stone Edge gives you UNreliable STAB, and Fire Blast lets you hit Skarmories, or Ferrothorn, Forretress.

Sub-Paaaaaawnch Tar:
Sand Stream
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant
-Substitue
-Focus Punch
-Stone Edge
-(Input filler attack here, most likely a dark type move)

Its self explanatory. You sub on the switch, then proceed to punch the switch out, which is probably weak to fighting attacks.

PokemonRules!
05-11-2011, 04:14 PM
I guess the disadvantage for T-Tar is its speed?

Yup. But it can be improved.

I haven't seen this one posted yet so here's the one I use. It's a specially defensive set.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers Lv. 100
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 hp, 252 sdef
Earthquake
Pursuit
Stone Edge
Stealth Rock

Unless this is a Lead set, Stealth Rocks is best used on other Pokémon.

;40747']I've never used a T-Tar on a team before, but I've faced countless of them xD

They are being fantastic at providing support, offense, and defense. Almost an absolute must on Sandstorm-based teams.

You should use it, it is boss.
And yeah, there is almost nothing T-Tar can't do.

Lead T-Tar
Tyranitar @ Jolly
Leftovers/anti-fighting berry/nothing
Taunt
Stealth Rocks
Knock Off / Thief
Rock Slide / Stone Edge
Quite a workable set. Taunt to take out other leads, rocks to set up, knock off / thief to take out their item and Rock Slide / SE to get damage and not be taunt bait. Also lets him get super-effective hits on Abomasnow.

/Nothing?
LOL.

theBlob
05-11-2011, 04:16 PM
/Nothing?
LOL.

For thief. Thief fails if you have an item.

PokemonRules!
05-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Thief puts the Item in your bag doesn't it?

theBlob
05-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Nope. It gives it to the pokemon holding it. On wifi the trainer gets it back at the end of the battle.

lp-pokemanz
05-12-2011, 02:22 AM
Firin Mah Lazor!

Tyranitar @ Choice Specs

Dark Pulse / Surf
Dark Pulse / Surf
Flamethrower / Ice Beam / Thunderbolt
Stealth Rock

Nature: Mild / Modest / Quiet

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp.A / 4 Spd [or] 4 HP / 252 Sp.A / 252 Sp.D
-Anything actually works as long as you max out Sp.A and spend the other 255 on whatever you want.

How it works: Since this set up is based on Sp.A kill off you maybe want to set up Trick Room if you want Tyranitar to kill off before it can be killed off. Choice Specs mean your attacks with do 50%+, along with the 50%+ type bonus Dark Pulse will be doing 100% or having the same effect as a super effective move (imagine using that on a Psychic type). Unfortunately Choice Specs only allows one move so when your opponent sends out a Pokemon who has a type advantage you may want to switch out to a death fodder or a Pokemon that can take a few hits (ei Snorlax). Stealth Rocks are just there to set up you could switch it with another status move.

Team Build up: Depending on what your theme is. You could go for a Baton Sp.A Team, an All out Sandstorm Team, or have a Slowbro Team.

noob
05-12-2011, 03:38 AM
Noob Tyranitar
Leftovers is chill, but whatever item works

Substitute
Hyper Beam
Stone Edge
EarthQ

Yeah... don't ask

Ante
05-12-2011, 04:56 AM
T-tar's a beast... but i haven't had any luck getting it... If anyone has a spare or something trade... (Any lv.)

CloudNine
05-12-2011, 05:05 AM
Counters: Any Pokemon carrying STAB Fighting moves, or Powerful pokemon carry powerful fighting moves will do it.
Bulky Waters.

Partners: Gengar. They cover each other's weakness. But in fact, any Ghost Type will do.
Excadrill. Self-explanatory here.
Landorus. He resists fighting and benefits from Sandstorm with Sand Force ability.

Ttar!
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/1777/tyrannitarbanner.gif

PokemonRules!
05-12-2011, 03:37 PM
T-tar's a beast... but i haven't had any luck getting it... If anyone has a spare or something trade... (Any lv.)

Don't request here please.

jak225
05-12-2011, 07:56 PM
well t-tar is a great pokemon. I use this moveset on it:
crunch
fire fang
stone edge
earthquake
i use this move set for type coverage

DucksGoMooful
05-12-2011, 08:13 PM
For everyone who's suggesting for the POTW, please be aware that just the moveset isn't enough. We need more to work with. Sometimes you can get away with not detailing one thing, like the item or nature, but EVs and movesets, as well as descriptions, are a must. We can't make something from nothing. So, please try to use a lot of detail in your suggestions, so we know what you're trying to say. Thanks.

GDItsMeInTheFlesh
05-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Honestly don't think he should be the first POTW. But still, he's a good Poke.

PokemonRules!
05-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Honestly don't think he should be the first POTW. But still, he's a good Poke.
Prof chose him.

well t-tar is a great pokemon. use this moveset on it:
crunch
fire fang
stone edge
earthquake
i use this move set for type coverage
He gets Fire Punch.

jak225
05-12-2011, 09:09 PM
@ducks im sorry it was a typo i will fix that. i wasn't trying to say what move set to use i just forgot to put an I before "use this moveset on it:"

@TAO in black and white it learned fire fang from the move tutor

DucksGoMooful
05-12-2011, 10:39 PM
@ducks im sorry it was a typo i will fix that. i wasn't trying to say what move set to use i just forgot to put an I before "use this moveset on it:"

It's not just you, it's a lot of people that post here. They give the works, except for a description, which leaves poor little TAO trying to guess what you're trying to say. For everyone, and this includes for future POTWs, I expect that you'll all give detailed analysis's.

jak225
05-12-2011, 10:44 PM
It's not just you, it's a lot of people that post here. They give the works, except for a description, which leaves poor little TAO trying to guess what you're trying to say. For everyone, and this includes for future POTWs, I expect that you'll all give detailed analysis's.
i see your point be it is just staring out but i think people will start putting better analysis's along with the move sets that they use and i think if it becomes a problem maybe adding a set of rules to posting in the POTW so people won't get confused. Just a suggestion.

Vash
05-13-2011, 03:32 AM
No right minded player would ever put Hyper Beam on a Tyranitar. XD

noob
05-13-2011, 04:51 AM

Yep :)
10char.

Ciel
05-13-2011, 11:24 AM
I think T-tar could do well in a Trick room team with it's below average speed stat; ofcourse it needs a trick room set up support from its team mates,
it could go like:
Nature: Brave
EQ
Stone edge
Flamethrower/Ice beam
Crunch
EV: 252Atk/252HP/4SpA
IV: 0 speed

I am not very confident with the EV spread :S maybe a bit more in Sp.Atk?..

To explain the moveset:
Stone edge, EQ and Crunch are for standard coverage and STAB,
Icebeam is for those annoying Gliscors and dragons
Flamethrower for Ferrothorn who will otherwise wall T-tar's other moves,
and also for Scizor which can destroy T-tar with priority Bullet punch.

if this doesn't work there is always the good old TyraniBOAH![COLOR="Silver"]

PokemonRules!
05-13-2011, 03:55 PM
@TAO in black and white it learned fire fang from the move tutor
I know, but Fire Punch is more powerful than Fire Fang, and Fire Blast is better than both of them.

LOL.

Second that Bro(/Sis?).

Demyx
05-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Isnt tension basicly unerve???

DucksGoMooful
05-13-2011, 05:17 PM
Yes, in the same way that Teravolt is the same as Mold Breaker.

jak225
05-13-2011, 05:39 PM
I know, but Fire Punch is more powerful than Fire Fang, and Fire Blast is better than both of them.

oh sorry i missed understood i will try using fire punch or fire blast on my t-tar

PokemonRules!
05-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Tension is Unnerve.
Unnerve is the Japanese name.

lp-pokemanz
05-14-2011, 06:52 AM
Om nom nom nom

Tyranitar @ N/A

Ability: Tension

Moves:
Stealth Rocks
Earthquake
Thief
Thunder Wave

How it works: Basically a defensive T-tar with tension. Moves are pretty lulzy but basically you use the Frisk ability on some Pokemon to check out the item and see if you like it the use Thief. Tension is just there if its a berry and you want it. Other moves are for set-up and Earthquake is there for other things.

EV Training and Natures: Really does not matter you could really throw anything. As for me if I used this I would max out DEF/Sp.DEF just because.

PokemonRules!
05-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Maxing HP is always better than Maxing out Defenses.
No one on Earth is gonna put a Fighting resist Berry on their Pokémon.
Tension is useless since you don't get the +2 SpD.
Also, why is everyone putting Stealth Rock on Tyranitar?
Hippopotas is better for that.
Tyranitar is best a Sweeper.

PKMNbattleSchemes
05-15-2011, 12:20 AM
thats why ttar with stealth rock is used
gives the element of surprize

BlackSteel
05-15-2011, 05:52 AM
thats why ttar with stealth rock is used
gives the element of surprize
lol nothing beats the element of surprise ^_^

Mindblown94
05-15-2011, 05:43 PM
Maxing HP is always better than Maxing out Defenses.
No one on Earth is gonna put a Fighting resist Berry on their Pokémon.
Tension is useless since you don't get the +2 SpD.
Also, why is everyone putting Stealth Rock on Tyranitar?
Hippopotas is better for that.
Tyranitar is best a Sweeper.

Think about it. Which one is more obvious with rocks? Hippowdon or T-Tar.

Vash
05-15-2011, 07:30 PM
If you're running a defensive T-tar, run Sand Stream over Unnerve. Unnerve is a terrible ability considering no one uses Pinch berries anymore, and the Sp. Def boost from the sandstorm is very welcome.

Sin
05-16-2011, 04:05 PM
Unnerve is a horrible ability GameFreak needs to be slapped for it,and also its time for a new pokemon of the week JS

PKMNbattleSchemes
05-16-2011, 07:00 PM
well the only reason why someone would put unerve on a ttar is because they dont want a sandstorm going on
plus your opponent cant use berries which totally ruins harvest's effects...
its not that bad think about it guys ttar isn't a whole team