PDA

View Full Version : Team Roles: Special Sweepers

Vash
05-16-2011, 01:28 PM
Hey guys. Vash again. I think I'll do a thread for as many team roles as I can think of, so for right now, this thread will focus on Special Sweepers.

Who's YOUR special sweeper? Why do you like it? Show your moveset and EVs if you can please. What sweepers do you recommend? Should special sweepers be Specs or Scarfed? Etc. This is mainly to help people who don't know what they should use and to see everyone's preferences in sweepers. :)

Sin
05-16-2011, 04:01 PM
Venusaur@Life Orb

Modest nature (+SpA/-Atk)
Chlorophyll
24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- HP Fire
- Growth

This is one of my sweepers when i use a sun team Growth gets +2 in the sun not only that it can take some good hits and its fast in the soun making it very dangerous.

Vash
05-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Cool set. My Sun Sweeper is Victreebel.

Victreebel@Life Orb
Modest Nature (+Sp.Atk, -Atk)
Ability: Chlorophyll
252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Speed/ 6 HP
-Solar Beam
-Sludge Bomb
-Weather Ball
-Growth

That +2 Sp. Atk boost in the sunshine is to die for, and once it's up, you can sweep with the move of your choice. Weather Ball becomes a Base 150 Fire Type move which is pretty good.

Sin
05-16-2011, 05:26 PM
Wow i need to try that :0

Aura Master
05-16-2011, 05:37 PM
You guys sure do love Chlorophyll/Sunlight abusers :P And Vash, some other team rolls are Physical walls, Special walls, stallers, and Entry Hazards if you wanna make other threads

Demyx
05-16-2011, 06:12 PM
Gengar@life orb

252 HP, 252 SP.ATK, 6 Spe

levitate

Shadow ball
calm mind
substitue
focus blast

First of all get the sub up, calm mind it up until the sub dissapears then sweep with either focus blast or shadow ball.

Sin
05-16-2011, 06:30 PM
You guys sure do love Chlorophyll/Sunlight abusers :P And Vash, some other team rolls are Physical walls, Special walls, stallers, and Entry Hazards if you wanna make other threads
well i love fire and grass types so yea a sun team gives me a chance to use them to their full potential ;P

Aura Master
05-16-2011, 06:34 PM
well i love fire and grass types so yea a sun team gives me a chance to use them to their full potential ;P

And I completely agree, I love fire types and using the sunlight for some abilities :P

Vash
05-16-2011, 06:58 PM

Yeah, I'll get to making those in a bit. I just don't wanna get yelled at by a mod saying "This belongs in General Pokemon Discussion! This thread is closed!" :(

Aura Master
05-16-2011, 07:08 PM
Yeah, I'll get to making those in a bit. I just don't wanna get yelled at by a mod saying "This belongs in General Pokemon Discussion! This thread is closed!" :(

Yea I understand man. Hopefully this thread is all good since we are discussing the competitive aspects of battling in the competitive discussions forum

DudeMewCanFly
05-16-2011, 07:32 PM
i have two special sweepers zoroark and lucario i would post the movesets and evs but im way to lazy right now

Mindblown94
05-17-2011, 12:56 AM
Thunderus @ Choice Scarf
Timid +Spe, - Atk
Ability: Prankster, even though it's useless with this set
252 SAtk, 252 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-HP Ice
-Grass Knot
-Volt Switch

Here's another one I like to use:

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Timid +Spe, -Atk
Ability: Sheer Force
252 SAtk, 252 Spe
-Flamethrower
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Earth Power

Ante
06-03-2011, 03:08 AM
Reuniclus = The Best Sp. att sweaper !!!

PKMNbattleSchemes
06-03-2011, 09:49 PM
noh! the best sp. atk sweeper is mismagius
reason being

nature modest
item life orb
moves
nasty plot/calm mind
shadow ball
thunderbolt/hp fighting
will-o-wisp
reason why its the best? base 105 sp atk sp def and speed aint nothing to mess with for a sp attker and will-o-wisp ruins physical sweepers which is what your opponent will use to counter mismagius. shadow ball is amazing after a nasty plot and life orb
thunderbolt is a good move and so is hp fighting

Jake The Zeike
07-11-2011, 10:31 AM
I use something a little different. Choice specs dragonite in the rain

Dragonite@Choice specs
Timid
252spattack/252speed/4hp
Multiscale
Moves:
Hurricane
Thunder
Surf
Dragon pulse/draco meteor

[MuSiCa]
07-11-2011, 10:37 AM
Diffwent?

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hone Claws
- Earthquake
- Blizzard
- Fire Blast / Thunder

I know that it looks like Smogon's one, but I'm the first person who I knew came up with it. Possibly run some more speed...

Ciel
07-11-2011, 10:42 AM
my usual sp.sweeper is the standard Specs Latios:

Latios @ Choice Specs
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252sp.atk/252spe/4HP
Moveset:
Dracometeor
Psyshock
Surf
Hidden power (Fire)

G0dPower
07-14-2011, 05:59 AM
chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Modest + Spec.attack, - Atk
Ability: flash fire
252 SAtk, 252 Spe
-shadowball
-HP fighting/ ice
-fire blast/ overheat/ flamthrower
-energy ball

Jake The Zeike
07-18-2011, 08:09 PM
chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Modest + Spec.attack, - Atk
Ability: flash fire
252 SAtk, 252 Spe
-shadowball
-HP fighting/ ice
-fire blast/ overheat/ flamthrower
-energy ball

I use the same set with hp fighting and fire blast and it always does pretty well for me