PDA

View Full Version : Who's your FEAR!

Spoofy
05-25-2011, 03:50 PM
What up guys. I have a favorite FEAR. And yes, it is the endeavor Aron. I want to know if any one else can come up with a FEAR of there own or if they have see one used that was a good idea and such. I don't want people telling me there fear is being alone in the dark. If you are too noob to post anything useful, please do not post anything at all. Thanks and I look forward to your FEAR ideas.

- Spoofy

P.S.
Try to be as accurate as possible including move sets, abilities, items, etc.

theBlob
05-25-2011, 04:43 PM
Rattata. Aron fear=Feaa.

Focus sash Endeavor quick Attack Rattata =/= Focus sash Endeavor quick Attack Aron

But yep. Classics for me. there is a similar Magikarp set with Smeargle support and Flail, but thats not FEAR.

Rattata
Focus Sash
-Quick Attack
-Endeavor

Thats all I need :D

Spoofy
05-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Aron is not the same at all.

While sand storm is brewing.....

-Endeavor

Having the ability Sturdy and item Shell Bell

Do you understand how hard it is to kill this poke now?
It scares me. Full credit goes to u-tuber "Spade"

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Anyone that wants to see a level 1 aron sweep go on u-tube and type "Flaming Spade Aron Sweep."

DudeMewCanFly
05-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Rattata @focus sash
Endeavor
quick attack
pursuit
sucker punch

just in case they switch out or use priority of their own although this requires predicting at a god level XD

theBlob
05-25-2011, 06:20 PM
xD yeah
but awesome set.

Spoofy
05-25-2011, 06:28 PM
Yeah you really have to know your competitor.

DudeMewCanFly
05-25-2011, 06:45 PM
it helps when your right next to em because you can almost tell what their gonna do by the way their face looks or where they move the stylis

Spoofy
05-25-2011, 06:57 PM
True, but back on the subject please.

DudeMewCanFly
05-25-2011, 08:16 PM
sorry...... XD

Ante
05-26-2011, 11:19 PM
Cottenee... endevor, leech seed, subsitute, quick attack

Spoofy
05-26-2011, 11:53 PM
nice heard about that one on serebii :)

DucksGoMooful
05-26-2011, 11:54 PM
I fear the dark and heights...oh wait.

I don't usually use FEAR, and I've never come across it in my month's worth of battling ^_^

noob
05-27-2011, 12:17 AM
I go with a Starly since they were easier to find in GEN IV.

Focus Sash, Endeavor, Quick Attack

domthebomb
05-27-2011, 12:24 AM
salamace holding persim berry
moxie ability
d.dance
outrage

that is my fear

Spoofy
05-27-2011, 04:44 PM
@Noob yeah all FEARs are a lot alike.
@domthebomb No, FEAR not fear. Ask someone what it is if you don't know

domthebomb
05-27-2011, 04:55 PM
does it really make a difference if u capitalize it?

Spoofy
05-27-2011, 05:34 PM
Yes there is FEAR pokes then there is your fears. See different.

domthebomb
05-27-2011, 10:01 PM
ohh ok so now that u put it that way my FEAR is aron with sturdy,quick attack,and endevor

[MaNiAc]
05-31-2011, 02:40 AM
The category of FEAR comes from the original Pokémon that was able to pull it off, Rattata.

Focus Sash.Endeavor. Quick Attack. Rattata.

It is basically a strategy of using what appears to be weak Pokémon, getting hit and surviving with 1 HP, using Endeavor to bring the opponent's Pokémon down to 1 HP, and then using a priority move to knock it out.

Sturdy Aron pulls this off wonderfully that's to its ability, Study, which acts as a Focus Sash in 5th gen. Throw on a Shell Bell on the little steel dog and you will be able to take the hit to 1 HP, deal massive damage with Endeavor, and recover your HP to full with the Shell Bell. Rinse and Repeat.

There are several counters to FEAR Pokémon, such as practically any other priority move, status affliction, etc.

Aura Master
05-31-2011, 03:54 AM
Get a bulky poke to setup stealth rocks/spikes then.......true FEAR comes out to play. Dream World Riolu has the ability prankster which gives all non-attack moves +1 priority. Give Riolu focus sash and use roar, then copycat(+1 priority), and with that, you've just won the game X)

FEAR Riolu X_X

DudeMewCanFly
05-31-2011, 07:07 PM
Get a bulky poke to setup stealth rocks/spikes then.......true FEAR comes out to play. Dream World Riolu has the ability prankster which gives all non-attack moves +1 priority. Give Riolu focus sash and use roar, then copycat(+1 priority), and with that, you've just won the game X)

FEAR Riolu X_X

Ive seen this one on youtube but does it really count as FEAR?

Aura Master
05-31-2011, 08:30 PM
I think so :P

Spoofy
06-04-2011, 05:05 PM
@ Maniac-- Yeah but an aron cannot be affected by Toxic. I am glad you guys made a FEAR Clause. Other wise this Poke is soooooo uber. A multi attack move like bullet seed can take it out or something with mold breaker.

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

@AuraMaster Are you sure. I thought that no matter what roar always goes last. If it doesn't their is still stuff like Auqa Jet that can take it down. Even with evolite this poke is really weak.

Aura Master
06-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Your supposed to use roar last, and with the focus sash you have 1 Hp. But because of Prankster and Copycat, you always go first and the cycle cant be stopped

Spoofy
06-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Ohh I see but it can still be countered.

Aura Master
06-04-2011, 07:38 PM
With priority moves yes, but not all FEAR pokes are unstoppable :P

[MuSiCa]
06-04-2011, 11:45 PM
I don't care about FEAR since I make it a habit to include ghosts in every team but apparently I don't have a Priority move in the newest team :(

Screw that Riolu

Aura Master
06-05-2011, 12:02 AM
Lol, it's alright because I don't use FEAR either. It was just a poke I found

Alaina
06-05-2011, 06:27 AM
My fear are weather teams. They mess with my weather teams! Dx so we go switching and and neh -_-

Mindblown94
06-05-2011, 05:45 PM
My fear are weather teams. They mess with my weather teams! Dx so we go switching and and neh -_-

lol your fear is different than FEAR. FEAR are pokemon who are typically level 1 and can sweep your entire team if you're not careful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJxvmtCwAZY

FEAR stands for

Focus Sash
Endeavor
(Quick) Attack
Rattata

or

F***ing
Evil
Annoying
Rodent

[MuSiCa]
06-06-2011, 12:02 AM
I'd say that Aron is kinda cute. Bleh.

Aron Ftw xD (Choose your team carefully, people)

Spoofy
06-25-2011, 01:54 AM
Haha Alaina.

zeroenso
06-26-2011, 01:41 AM
they dont bother me becuse i normally have a mach punching pokemon

doctJ
06-26-2011, 02:02 AM
i honestly think they are kind of cheap but mine is ratata

[MuSiCa]
06-26-2011, 02:07 AM
they dont bother me becuse i normally have a mach punching pokemon

You're going to fall to Aron since he's going to hang onto Sturdy, Endeavor you, regain HP with his Shell Bell, then Sandstorm you goodbye.

DudeMewCanFly
06-26-2011, 02:15 AM
You're going to fall to Aron since he's going to hang onto Sturdy, Endeavor you, regain HP with his Shell Bell, then Sandstorm you goodbye.

This problem is solved by carrying a ghost type

Spoofy
06-27-2011, 03:50 PM
SomeoneIguess is right. And yes a ghost type is essential.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

against Aron you could have a metagross with bullet punch though

Mindblown94
06-27-2011, 03:56 PM
SomeoneIguess is right. And yes a ghost type is essential.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

against Aron you could have a metagross with bullet punch though

or really any ground/rock/steel type.

Spoofy
06-27-2011, 03:57 PM
yeah golurk lol

[MuSiCa]
06-28-2011, 07:55 AM
Lol, correction Steels and Ghosts xD

Toxic Spikes

ZenoDBlacky
06-28-2011, 10:25 AM
Stealth Rocks / Bulky Jirachi & Metagross

[MuSiCa]
06-28-2011, 10:38 AM

Thanx bro! Free post count :omgcu:

lol your fear is different than FEAR. FEAR are pokemon who are typically level 1 and can sweep your entire team if you're not careful.

FEAR stands for

Focus Sash
Endeavor
(Quick) Attack
Rattata

or

F***ing
Evil
Annoying
Rodent

ZenoDBlacky
06-28-2011, 11:50 AM
What do u mean by free post counts?

[MaNiAc]
06-28-2011, 12:30 PM
Please stay on topic.

Thanks ^^

Aura Master
06-29-2011, 03:54 PM

What you posted is Fear. This topic is about F.E.A.R. which SIG has explained by posting that post up thar ^

What do u mean by free post counts?

He means you didn't post the right content because you did not understand the topic, therefore giving you a:

Free post count :omgcu:

Which is located under your profile pic. So now that your up to speed, back on topic? :)

[MuSiCa]
06-29-2011, 09:59 PM
Your post count part is certainly... Incorrect :omgcu:

Because he gave me an excuse to gain more post count, thus...

Thanx bro! Free post count :omgcu:

FEAR doesn't need to be Rattatas, just something that's Level 1. Apparently, anyway.

Mindblown94
07-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Ok, I have found the most annoying FEAR pokemon imaginable, I've even managed to sweep a team with it before.

Magnemite @ Oran Berry
Ability: Sturdy
-Swagger
-Toxic
-T-wave
-Recycle
Details: This may look a bit wierd at first, but believe me. This thing is not to be messed with. At level 1 magnemite has 11 HP, which means when sturdy hits oran berry brings it back to full. That's freaky huh? Oh wait it gets better. Recycle gives you the last held item held by your poke, so guess what? You just got your oran berry back. Omg that means....Yes, magnemite has the survivability of our favorite FEAR aron but better.

Now the trick of this is to toxic on the first turn to rack up some damage, now if they hit you you're forced to use recycle or you will die. But if they don't, you're free to use swagger to add more annoyance. You can actually do swagger first if you wish, I just like toxic better because it's more reliable.

This thing is really only used as a joke because it has quite a few counters: Espeon, leech seed, burn, Steel types, poison types.

But if you don't have any of those, like the guy I swept it with, prepare to get destroyed.

Jets
07-01-2011, 11:38 PM

FEAR Riolu X_X

that's set is countered by espeon and rapid spin, it only works when there are spikes and rocks on the field =/

anyhoo. swinub is a beastly FEAR'er since hail and sand cant kill him :P

swinub @ FS
something
something
random ev's
-ice shard
-endeavor
-filler
-filler
C:

Kale12321
07-04-2011, 03:26 AM
that's set is countered by espeon and rapid spin, it only works when there are spikes and rocks on the field =/

anyhoo. swinub is a beastly FEAR'er since hail and sand cant kill him :P

swinub @ FS
something
something
random ev's
-ice shard
-endeavor
-filler
-filler
C:
It's not countered too easily tbh. Espeon is easily countered by CB Scizor or non SS T-Tar if you make him bulky and faster then CB Scizor he can really be awesome lol

FEAR (lv 2) Probopass.... Yeah... it's bad. Toxic, PS, Magic Mirror= Deadly

Shreyas
07-04-2011, 03:59 AM
Back in the Shoddy days, I ran these little guys:

Cleffa @ Sash
- Endeavor
- filler
- filler
- filler
And a similar Clefable and Clefairy sets. With them, I ran Abomasnow, Scizor, and a Bronzong.
Yes, this thing owns. She doesn't care about entry hazards, and after Bronzong sets up his Trick Room... opposing teams best be worried. To take out those Ice types, I've got Scizor and Bronzong who can Bullet Punch and Gyro Ball (respectively). In addition, Pursuit Scizor to handle ghosts, and Blizzard+Specs Abomasnow to handle Gengars, and bulky ghosts.

Mindblown94
07-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Back in the Shoddy days, I ran these little guys:

Cleffa @ Sash
- Endeavor
- filler
- filler
- filler
And a similar Clefable and Clefairy sets. With them, I ran Abomasnow, Scizor, and a Bronzong.
Yes, this thing owns. She doesn't care about entry hazards, and after Bronzong sets up his Trick Room... opposing teams best be worried. To take out those Ice types, I've got Scizor and Bronzong who can Bullet Punch and Gyro Ball (respectively). In addition, Pursuit Scizor to handle ghosts, and Blizzard+Specs Abomasnow to handle Gengars, and bulky ghosts.

Since you said it doesn't care about entry hazards, you should put its ability as magic guard. Since it can't be optional or else you will die to hazards.

Spoofy
07-05-2011, 07:22 PM
@Mindblown Thank you. I have benn trying to find a fear that can kill more than one pokemon besides aron. And it doesn't need weather. Is this your idea or did you find a utuber that had it. Please be truthful.

Mindblown94
07-05-2011, 10:04 PM
@Mindblown Thank you. I have benn trying to find a fear that can kill more than one pokemon besides aron. And it doesn't need weather. Is this your idea or did you find a utuber that had it. Please be truthful.

Neither, some guy on PO battled me in streetPKMN(a tier with no rules) he had a bunch or random ubers/unreleased DW and then this. I tried for like 5 turns to kill this thing, but he had double team on it so I started to miss. So I went to bisharp and sub stalled him til he forfeited.

But to answer your question, I took it from some guy on PO. The reason I removed double team is because it's annoying. Missing is not fun for anyone, it's almost as bad as rachi.

Spoofy
07-19-2011, 09:49 PM
Cool! Well, anyone else is free to post what ever even though this threads purpose was fulfilled. Ugh, I wouldn't mind any other FEARs you guys might have.

HinDae
07-25-2011, 06:33 PM
sorry to be a noob, but whats FEAR?

DudeMewCanFly
07-25-2011, 06:41 PM
sorry to be a noob, but whats FEAR?

If you read through the thread from page 1 it explains it

Blue Dragon
08-12-2011, 02:35 AM
Aron is a perfect example of how Pokemon has endless strategies and combinations. It's just like a game of chess, as you never know what to fully expect.

I actually used a level 100 Swellow as a lead "FEAR" pokemon on PO and as a lead scout Pokemon at the same time. This was the move set:

http://www.pokestadium.com/pokemon/sprites/handheld/blackwhite/animated/277.gif
Swellow @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Speed 252 Attack
Ability: Guts
Type: Normal/Flying

Move Set:
Endeavor
Quick Attack
U-Turn
Protect

It was good for keeping Swellow in play as well as using the "FEAR" tactic as well. Most of the time it worked out quite well, but only used it for a short time for experimental purposes.

Over all I do think that ultimately Aron is arguably the best "FEAR" user though.

DucksGoMooful
08-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Forgive me if I'm wrong, since I probably am, but Aron only works if you have a Sandstorm running, right? So if you don't, Aron can Endeavor, but not kill. Is that correct?

[MuSiCa]
08-13-2011, 01:01 PM
Forgive me if I'm wrong, since I probably am, but Aron only works if you have a Sandstorm running, right? So if you don't, Aron can Endeavor, but not kill. Is that correct?

Yes. It'll still reduce the opponent to 1 HP and leave him open to any attack, while Aron will remain unscathed due to Shell Bell.

Spoofy
08-16-2011, 12:45 AM
Some People have ghost type to prevent the Aron. But for an all fear protector you need a multi attacking move like rock blast or bullet seed. I carry Arm Thrust on my Emboar for sub heatran and fear pokes.

PokemonGod
08-22-2011, 06:23 PM
Donphan is better. Rapid Spin, and you're good to go with Sand.

Spoofy
08-26-2011, 12:35 AM
lvl one donphan is illegal and its pre evolution does not have sturdy