PDA

View Full Version : Metroid

theBlob
05-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Ok guys, so I have never played a metroid game. The closest is playing as Samus on SSBB and if its anything like that its amazing. I was thinking of buying Metroid: Other M but what do you guys think of this series? Is it worth my money?

Jet Prower
05-25-2011, 07:26 PM
I have the three primes, and Super Metroid for the SNES as well. metroid is a good game is you like shooting platformers and lots of exploration. Metroid is known for its exploration, since you have to find all your weapons and items hidden all over the map. If you don't like lots of searching and backtracking, don't get this game. If this is your thing, go for it. I haven't played Other M though, so don't tell me about it XD.

theBlob
05-25-2011, 07:57 PM
Well it sounds really fun :) I saw the trailer for Other M and I really want it O.o

Jet Prower
05-25-2011, 08:30 PM
It does look it, but I haven't gotten it yet since its still too expensive for me. That's why I own the prime games and super Metroid.

Leobreacker
05-25-2011, 08:53 PM
Buy it, its completely worth it.
Heres the trailer again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EftgHQGHQI

Jet Prower
05-25-2011, 09:02 PM
Don't watch trailers. I like a surprise =P

DucksGoMooful
05-25-2011, 10:05 PM
To be honest to you, I found that Other M was too easy, and getting 100% just so that I could try hard mode didn't seem worth it. I played through the game within 2 or 3 days worth of playing, at about 2 hours a day or so. It's not very challenging at all, except parts where you can't figure out the puzzle. i also have the Metroid Prime Trilogy, and that is definitely one of the hardest games I've ever played, especially on Hypermode difficulty (basically Expert mode). If you can find it, it's so worth getting, and it's much more challenging than Other M. Plus, Prime 1-3 are FPS, whereas Other M is side-scrolling shooter. Pick your preference.

Leobreacker
05-26-2011, 01:33 AM
Don't watch trailers. I like a surprise =P
Dont watch trailer?
What if you buy a game for a lot of money without watching the trailers and when you started playing it, It was terrible?
DO WATCH TRAILERS!! XD

Jet Prower
05-26-2011, 01:50 AM
I dont buy games new that often =P So honestly, I don't buy many games for more than $20 a piece, so =P

Vash
05-26-2011, 02:03 AM
Metroid is really one of my favorite series of all time. I love Super Metroid and I play the heck out of it. Metroid Prime is an absolute masterpiece. My fav of the series so far. If you like exploring and taking your time with a game, which I love doing, get Prime. Get it. I don't care how you do it. You will be satisfied afterwards. Other M I'm a little iffy about getting since it isn't made by Retro Studios, who've really been Nintendo's go-to 3rd Party developer with the games like the Prime series and Donkey Kong Country Returns. I probably won't get it. Doesn't seem that great and from what Dux says, it might not be worth 50 bucks...

DucksGoMooful
05-26-2011, 11:29 PM
Yeah, I don't think it is worth it. Try getting a used copy for less, or just wait for the price to go down. There isn't much challenge, unless you end up getting 100% and unlock Hard Mode, which
makes you play through without giving you any Missile Expansion Packs or Energy Tanks.
Good luck with that.

theBlob
05-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Oh, OK. Bearing in mind I have never played a Metroid game before and that I have never played a 1st person shooter on Wii before, dont you think its easy because you are a pro gamer? And anyway, even if it sux, what about metroid Trilogy?

Jet Prower
05-27-2011, 11:00 PM
I didn't buy the trilogy pack. I have them all three individually. The prime series is good yes. The third one is a bit hard to control though, since the first two use the gamecube controller and the third one is on Wii. Those wii controls are very hard to master with a first person shooter.

DucksGoMooful
05-28-2011, 01:34 AM
It's actually quite easy once you get the hang of it. I've never tried the GC controller, but I assume it's much more difficult than the Wii Remote, for my purposes.

And yes, I suppose it was easy because I'm a pro gamer (thanks for sucking up to the Admin :P), but still, it's pretty easy regardless. I recommend the Prime Trilogy, rather than Other M or each Prime separately, simply because it would be more expensive, you get 3 games in 1, and the difficulty is so amazing that it makes it totally worth it.

The only problem with the Trilogy is that it might be hard to find, outside of ordering it online. I got it a year and a half ago, and there was only 1 copy at my local game store, plus I haven't seen one since. Good luck, and get the Trilogy: it's so much better.

Jet Prower
05-28-2011, 02:20 AM
You can just get them individually though much easier than just finding that rare trilogy pack though. And Yes, I'm somewhat of a professional gamer at times as well. If you haven't seem my gaming stack and such, ask around and you will soon know XD

Vash
05-28-2011, 03:28 AM
We're all 1337 gamers here! :p

Frogg_Lord
07-18-2011, 10:09 AM
I just bought the trilogy too and i really find it amazing. I like that style of game, where you unlock stuff then you can go back and do more stuff. the whole idea is brilliant. I'm absolutely stunned and this is looking like it's giong to be my favourite game ever, and i havn't even finished the first prime. I can't wait to battle Meta Ridley (bearing in mind that is my REAL name :3)

Oh and for the prive i went to paris and got the trilogy pack for 33 euros in micromania :3

theBlob
07-24-2011, 07:22 AM
Omfg you got it too? I hate you copycat ( he came to play at my house lol ) anyway because im on holiday WITHOUT IT :( im gonna really miss it then youre goonna ovetake me... Grrrrrrrr

ts so goood. The loading screen practically KILLS me with orgasms because Samus is the ultimate pwnage. Also, the gameplay is so kewel... I love it i love it i love it andI WANT IT HERE NOW :(

Frogg_Lord
08-06-2011, 07:21 PM
wow i'm really into it right now. I just acquired the last artifact and am heading for the temple :DDD
Tomorrow i'm getting up really early to play it :))))))))))))))))))))

theBlob
08-16-2011, 10:10 AM
xD I stopped off from Prime, im a little stuck because I cant open the door in the Sun Temple. Help plox? Any<ay Ive been playingOther M instead, and it is so effing amazing. I finished, but it was worth every cent.

DucksGoMooful
08-17-2011, 12:46 PM
But really though, wasn't Other M pretty easy?
I can't think of what part you're talking about. Which Prime is it, the first one?