PDA

View Full Version : Dancing Thread!

GDItsMeInTheFlesh
05-29-2011, 03:51 PM
You may or not realize it, but in a LOT of music, dance is a huge part of it. Most songs have some sort of choreography, I would say pretty much all except for Band music in which they can't dance because, well they're playing an instrument.

So, does anyone here dance? If so post here! ^^ Or you can just post some awesome clips.

Here is one of my favorite dancers, Jang Hyun Seung ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqiWrxrBTP8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo-9Rm5wOoY&feature=related

DucksGoMooful
05-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Good singers don't need backup dancers. -_-
Yet most people these days have backup dancers, meaning that they are not good singers. Meaning I despise most people who sing nowadays.

GDItsMeInTheFlesh
05-29-2011, 03:58 PM
Wait.... What? Where is the knowledge in that? Using backup dancers has nothing to do with singing. I know groups that have godly singers, and usually dance on their own, but have used backup dancers for one or two songs.

johtochampion
05-30-2011, 03:30 AM
Thats illogical. Dancers are an effect that groups use. In SOME cases, the singers aren't good, but in others, the singers are incredibly talented. Saying that singers who use dancers can't sing is a generalization.

DucksGoMooful
05-30-2011, 12:18 PM
Maybe you're right, but in everything that I've seen thus far, bad singers try to use back-up dancers to cover their own singing. What I'm saying is that if you can sing, dancing isn't necessary, and it might take away from the singing itself. Say what you will, that's my opinion.

theBlob
05-30-2011, 07:09 PM
@ everyone except Alatreon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbOGmUAaW4w

Your argument is invalid.

Flame Mistress
05-30-2011, 08:56 PM
I don't dance. Nuff said.

PKMNbattleSchemes
05-31-2011, 12:52 AM
Thats illogical. Dancers are an effect that groups use. In SOME cases, the singers aren't good, but in others, the singers are incredibly talented. Saying that singers who use dancers can't sing is a generalization.

i think what you guys are looking for is that most peolpe who dance and sing do it so that the dancing can distract the audience (in most cases the lip sing because they cant actually sing it on there own)

[MaNiAc]
05-31-2011, 02:34 AM
Eh I don't really enjoy dancing.

But I do agree it adds to a performance. It does not mean they lack the vocal talent at all. Some songs are made just for dancing, you know!

GDItsMeInTheFlesh
05-31-2011, 10:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANHYHH7oZ0o

The 2nd song is MADE for dancing, and at the bridge it shows that dancing isn't distracting from singing :P

DucksGoMooful
05-31-2011, 10:07 PM
I mean, did you all see the Super Bowl half-time show? If you did, you remember Usher or whoever singing that song. Pretty much the only thing he ever said in that entire song was "Oh". The rest of the time he was dancing with his back-up dancers while pre-recorded voices played. That kind of proves my point, don't you think?

PKMNbattleSchemes
05-31-2011, 10:54 PM
almost alatreon :L
the only thing wring is that the voices weren't precorded....it was live.......

DucksGoMooful
05-31-2011, 10:55 PM
Then who was singing? Because it certainly wasn't him, even though he's a "singer".

[MaNiAc]
05-31-2011, 11:13 PM
I don't listen to that kind of music anyway. Lol.

It really depends on individual artists, but saying that all artists that dance are just doing so to cover up their lack of vocal talent is just absurd.

DucksGoMooful
05-31-2011, 11:18 PM
Of course I didn't mean it that way, and I'm sure there are some singers who dance very well as well as sing, but many artists I've seen today just can't sing. A lot of them have dancers. I don't think it's a coincidence.

johtochampion
06-01-2011, 12:24 AM
Well, I do agree with you to an extent, Alatreon. A lot of poor singers use autotune on their albums, and dancers at concerts to distract the audience. So you're right, its not a coincidence. At the same time, dance is an art form in itself, and some artists use it to express what they sing. All the examples I can think of are from other countries, though! I know of a lot of Korean groups that have excellent singers who dance just as well. So I guess it goes both ways, dancing to distract from a lack of true talent, and dancing to express ones music.

PKMNbattleSchemes
06-01-2011, 01:10 PM
Then who was singing? Because it certainly wasn't him, even though he's a "singer".

actually it was them...yeah that how bad they really are IRL

herrysmart
06-03-2011, 06:31 AM
its really amazing dance very nice thanx a lot for sharing this buddy.........