PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon you wish had a better moveset

Alaina
06-04-2011, 04:32 AM
Its makes me sad to see now that Milotic has been in UU because Vaporeon beats it with its new moveset ): anyone else here miss a pokemon they want back with a better moveset?? :/

[MuSiCa]
06-04-2011, 06:49 AM
Shouldn't this go in 5th gen? Cuz in 3rd Gen Milotic was in OU.

Edit: 50 Posts! :D

Alaina
06-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Hm. True. I was just thinking about all the pokemon from different gens. xD I'll change that though o.O

Yuki's Sword
06-07-2011, 12:56 AM
Milotic is an okay Pokemon. If it were more common, I would like it more.

PSN_xBlackthornWolfx
06-07-2011, 01:52 AM
I'd move this but I'm not mod of this section. XD I love them both, considering both are on my water gym team. :3 lol, but I've just always loved Vaporeon more

Dex
06-07-2011, 03:17 AM
I changed the title and moved this to competitive discussion.

PKMNbattleSchemes
06-07-2011, 12:17 PM
milotic is still good
i got an amazing moveset with a flareon but i still wish he was better
really the eeveelotions really do have amazing stats they just have a pretty bad movepool (well not bad just shallow) like flareon deserves to be better

GDItsMeInTheFlesh
06-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Marshstomp, he has really good stats. Crappy Movepool and Crappy Abilities

Mindblown94
06-08-2011, 04:29 AM
Serperior needs more moves, his special set is literally leaf storm and hidden power.

[MaNiAc]
06-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Haha well if Serperior got more moves, he might be at risk of going Uber xD

[MuSiCa]
06-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Lol xD

Assist Contrary Spinda is just lulz. Though it should just get V-Create and stuff like that in it's movepool.

PokemonHunter
06-08-2011, 11:13 AM
wat about medicham? gallade crushes it but medi would be better if it got better moves

Mindblown94
06-14-2011, 03:39 AM
Lol xD

Assist Contrary Spinda is just lulz. Though it should just get V-Create and stuff like that in it's movepool.

I have a team.

Spinda @ Choice Band
Contrary
Adamant
252 atk, 252 spe
-Assist

Victini @ Choice Band
Victory Star
Jolly
252 atk, 252 spe
-V-create

GG?

[MuSiCa]
06-14-2011, 03:51 AM
Nope. Spinda should abuse STAB Rapid Spin xD

Besides I neer said anything about it being good.

Aura Master
06-16-2011, 06:12 AM
I wish Drapion was faster and stronger. He has a good movepool, as well as abilities, and I think he looks pretty cool! :) But his stats are poor so he gets demolished. I also wish Dusknoir had better stats, mostly in his attack and defensive stats, because his pre-evo form serves as a better wall and Dusknoir barely works as a tank :/

[MuSiCa]
06-16-2011, 07:18 AM
I wish Drapion was faster and stronger. He has a good movepool, as well as abilities, and I think he looks pretty cool! :) But his stats are poor so he gets demolished. I also wish Dusknoir had better stats, mostly in his attack and defensive stats, because his pre-evo form serves as a better wall and Dusknoir barely works as a tank :/

Actually, Drapion is fast enough and works pretty nicely, problem is the lack of recovery. Dusknoir needs a stronger move than Shadow Punch, which sucks.

Aura Master
06-17-2011, 03:03 AM
Yea, maybe a move just for him with high base power/special effect....

domthebomb
06-22-2011, 02:45 AM
i wish aerodactal had a better movepool and more STAB moves like head smash and brave bird

[MuSiCa]
06-22-2011, 03:00 AM
IDK, even if Aero had those moves, It'll probably still do better with Roost / Sub / Stone Edge / Earthquake @ Life Orb. SubRoost in Sandstorm really works. Head Smash is Suicide and Brave Bird just doesn't work with the moves it has.

zeroenso
06-26-2011, 04:10 AM
yeah i agree with milotic

metaflygon
06-29-2011, 08:03 PM
I wish Cofagrigus had a better recovery move than rest DX
It should have recover

Jake The Zeike
07-11-2011, 05:36 AM
How about flareon? great attack stat and decent bulk, but no good stab physical move

Aura Master
07-11-2011, 04:43 PM
I wish Cofagrigus had a better recovery move than rest DX
It should have recover

Also, maybe more status moves/defensive moves? Idk what he has off the top of my head though :P

How about flareon? great attack stat and decent bulk, but no good STAB physical move

I know!!! :omgcu: Everyone would like Flareon to be better! All the Eeveelutions have something going for them that makes them powerful, except Flareon. He has a monster of an Atk stat, and decent SpDef as well, but his low Hp, Def, and Spe leave him wide open to be taken down. And he has a low movepool with terrible moves in the low movepool. Bite but no Crunch? And his best Physical STAB moves are Flame Charge and Fire Fang.....

I suggest these moves to make him better: Flare Blitz, please!!! The move is named after him for crying out loud AND it is the strongest Physical Fire move besides that move we all love to hate, V-Create. Crunch over Bite, common sense really. Aerial Ace maybe? It never misses and I have seen non-flying types using it so maybe Flareon could learn it too. Extremespeed for priority would eliminate speed weakness and it is very powerful, enough said. And really, Zen Headbutt, U-Turn, Wild Charge. These are all what ifs though..... :(

[MuSiCa]
07-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Flareon learning Extremespeed is just... No! D: *Openly denies, like how I openly denied spamming asteriks lately*

Aura Master
07-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Flareon learning Extremespeed is just... No! D: *Openly denies, like how I openly denied spamming asteriks lately*

Why you no Extremespeed? Just cuz Arcanine is Flareon but better doesn't mean anything!

Jake The Zeike
07-12-2011, 02:06 AM
If flareon got extremespeed, flare blitz, and really anything else in arcanine's movepool, arcanine would soon be beaten and he would finally be a good eveeloution. Attack stat as good as breloom wasted...

[MuSiCa]
07-12-2011, 03:36 AM
But Arca is kewl D:
He's been UU for like 5 Gens. Don't let him fall :/

Aura Master
07-12-2011, 03:39 AM
I've always liked the idea of Flareon. I wouldn't mind Flareon with this :P

Ante
07-15-2011, 03:29 AM
i wish celebi could learn focus blast or some fighting moves.... a lot of psychic pokes now fighting moves

GDItsMeInTheFlesh
07-15-2011, 03:30 AM
^That would ruin Celebi, imo.

[MaNiAc]
07-15-2011, 06:31 PM
Celebii has many other better uses than attack with its larger support movepool. So it is fine without Focus Blast.

[MuSiCa]
07-15-2011, 10:41 PM
Well I doubt Celebi needs Focus Blast. It's commonly used to counter Ferrothorn and Bulky Water Types now, if I remember. I'll decorate this!

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd (Something like that...)
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

PKMNbattleSchemes
07-16-2011, 12:28 AM
If flareon got extremespeed, flare blitz, and really anything else in arcanine's movepool, arcanine would soon be beaten and he would finally be a good eveeloution. Attack stat as good as breloom wasted...

flareon has one great set that i got from tonyflygon :P

flareon
nature: flash fire
item: leftovers
EVs: 252 hp 252 sp def 4 def
nature (i dont remember the name but it was -sp atk. + defense)
moves:
wish
protect
curse
last resort
staragety:
get your opponent on the switch and use a curse, then use wish + protect combo
then last resort will really hurt any non-resisted pokes

[MuSiCa]
07-16-2011, 12:34 AM

flareon
moves:
wish
protect
curse
last resort
staragety:

No, just no. No!
Umbreon is so much better at a Curse set. Wish / Curse / Payback / Taunt.

Aura Master
07-16-2011, 02:48 PM

flareon
moves:
wish
protect
curse
last resort
staragety:

I'm sorry, but What? Idgi....

Jake The Zeike
07-18-2011, 08:33 AM
The idea is that you can set up and end up being pretty and also strong. The only problem is with last resort being your only attacking move, you are walled by ghosts and anything that resists it

Ciel
07-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Maybe I am missing something but I don't understand why you would have Wish and Last Resort in the same moveset? xD

[MuSiCa]
07-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Maybe I am missing something but I don't understand why you would have Wish and Last Resort in the same moveset? xDRight, right. I know why he has those moves, just not why he wants to use that Pokemon. Umbreon has a better typing, healing move, blargh.

Wish = Flareon's only recovery move
Protect = Heal HP With Wish
Curse = Works with Flareon's higher SDef
Last Resort = Flareon's strongest move

Ciel
07-18-2011, 03:10 PM
oh damn xD I've actually confused between Last Resort and Life Gamble. lol indeed I have missed something xD

Blue Dragon
08-11-2011, 02:46 AM
Its makes me sad to see now that Milotic has been in UU because Vaporeon beats it with its new moveset ): anyone else here miss a pokemon they want back with a better moveset?? :/

I personally prefer Milotic over Vaporeon regardless of Vaporeon's new moveset and still use Milotic over Vaporeon as well, even though I like Vaporeon ^^

A lot of Gen 1 Pokemon are fantastic in the 5th Generation like Cloyster as an example with it's new Shell Smash/Skill Link ability, however Flareon still has not been awarded any new move sets in the new generation :(

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa231/BlueAngel888/Spr_1y_136.png

I just wish they could expand it's move pool with something amazing for it to finally shine. Imagine being able to use Flareon's stats to their full potiental with a move variation of Shell Smash.