PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch Death Note(:?

Alaina
06-04-2011, 04:36 AM
Who do you think is the most epic?
I personally think L is the most epic out of all the Death Note characters.

[MaNiAc]
06-04-2011, 04:43 AM
I LOVE DEATH NOTE!!!
I was very upset that L died the way he did and that nub Near took over. L is superior!

Death Note is such an exciting anime full of twists and turns. It is just so entertaining to see two geniuses on opposite sides of the law face each other, each one getting closer and closer to the other.

Alaina
06-04-2011, 10:58 AM
I KNOW RIGHT!!! I was sad too lol :'/
I know the twist was what ticked me off and made me watch it more, cause it was like "OMG.. what just happened." xD

herrysmart
06-06-2011, 07:20 AM
anyone will told me what is that L????

herrysmart
06-07-2011, 08:14 AM
sorry not yet

PSN_Spitfire
08-23-2011, 04:47 PM
Saw Death Note back in '07 when it came on Adult Swim. I love it so much, I agree with Light but I like L more.

PSN_Wolfy
08-23-2011, 04:54 PM
I watched it way back in '07 when it was on Adult Swim too. It's a great anime, and I was hooked. I personally like Matt.

PSN_Spitfire
08-23-2011, 04:55 PM
I watched it way back in '07 when it was on Adult Swim too. It's a great anime, and I was hooked. I personally like Matt.

Everyone likes Matt, Wolfy :P

PSN_Wolfy
08-23-2011, 04:56 PM
Well, he's just that smexy that everyone loves him.

CuleX
08-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Spoilers all over this post. If you don't want to see them, skip it.

I have personally seen the show just a while ago, but don't take my words as final, it's been a while already.

Death Note tries very much to delve into human psychology, almost too hard. Fortunately, there weren't any Mary Sues, or at least any that I could notice. Light and L definitely had a nice fight using the single element of the Death Note. A point that appealed very much to me: The rules that were once set couldn't be overridden. No silly "Don't tell me..." and "Could it be..?" moments could really be found. Everything was properly foreshadowed and not a sheer brain fart out of nowhere just so the plot could progress as planned. I couldn't really agree with Light's adamant judgement and his god complex, but that's just me; I know a lot of people who could follow his ideology and agreed with it.

Despite all that, in my opinion, there were too many new elements introduced. The series was fine even without Near successing L, nor did I really need a second Death Note with a near brain-dead owner and a silly love story surrounding it. Of course, a varied cast is nice, but when dealing with life-and-death strategies, it seemed more like annoying interference. The entire arc with Mello and his silly antics seemed forced just so the required amount of episodes could be reached.

The animation was fine, the character design pretty original, while staying more or less in the bounds of what is actually possible to keep at least a sense of realism. Nonetheless, each of the characters was interesting and couldn't really be sorted into any common stereotype. On a side note, the lack of the nowadays seemingly obligatory tsundere/yandere women pleases me a lot in that regard.

The end of the anime was nonetheless pretty predictable for me; for some reason it was clear as day to me that Near would one-up Light in some way.

bartozio37
10-02-2011, 09:57 AM
I watched death note a while ago and i really liked the first part of the serie. L and light facing each other was really awesome to watch, but after L died the serie really got a lot worse i liked the ending, but the whole idea of two geniuses facing each other was gone for most of the second half.