PDA

View Full Version : Team #2 of randomness.

Alaina
06-05-2011, 04:05 AM
Initially, I tried this team out this a Jolteon instead of Gengar, which made the team extremely weak to ScarfChomp, and other quick offensive pokemon with ground types moves. Once Togekiss was dead, it was almost always game over. Everything covers everything else pretty well, although you may notice that there is no water resist. This doesn't really end up mattering too much, because most everything on this team is specially defensive. Provided there is no rain up, this team handles water relatively well. If you're worried about it, you can replace Togekiss with Vaporeon, or Gengar will Jellicent. Now, for the movesets.

Mienshao - (SockPuppet)
@Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Naive / Naughty
IVs: 30 HP / 30 Def / Everything else 31
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

-Fake Out
-Hi Jump Kick
-U-Turn
-Hidden Power Ice

This was my first time ever using Mienshao, and I was not disappointed. It is an excellent pokemon to start the game off with, beginning with sash breaking Fake Outs, and following through with powerful STAB Hi Jump Kicks. Hidden Power Ice deals with common flying switch ins, who resist Hi Jump Kick. Once you have used two or three moves, or the match up isn't in your favor, U-Turn. This will deal decent amounts of damage, while still activating your Regenerator ability, which grants you 1/3rd of your HP for switching out.

Heatran - (Tranny)
@Leftovers
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD

-Stealth Rock
-Substitute
-Lava Plume
-Roar

Heatran is definitely a star player on this team. Setting up Stealth Rock as quick as possible will penalize your opponent every time they switch, which will help whittle down opponent's pokemon. Roar further allows you to abuse your rocks, and serves and this team's phazing move. Lava Plume is to get the burn on things switching in, when your opponent realizes it's specially defensive. Substitue is by far your best option when your know you force a switch though, because it allows you to Roar away your opponents switch if necessary.

Scizor
@Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 236 HP / 20 Atk / 252 SpD

-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite
-Swords Dance
-Roost

Once your opponents Flying and Fire types are out of the way, it's usually a breeze to set up with Scizor and end the game with it's powerful ability+STABs. If you would like to run a more offensive set, by all means, go ahead, this is just my preferred set. Bullet Punch is also this team's main priority, the other being Mienshao's Fake Out.

Togekiss -
@Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD

-Wish
-Heal Bell
-Air Slash
-Thunder Wave

This is by far the MVP of the team. Togekiss provides Wish and Heal Bell support, which allows the team to take hits, and absorb status. A lot of pokemon on this team will also be taking Life Orb recoil, which Wish makes up for. Air Slash and Thunder Wave give your opponent a 10% chance of attacking, which allows you to hax things to death if needs be.

Infernape - (Crimson / BestOfTheBarrel)
@Life Orb
Nature: Naive
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def / 31 Everything else
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 SpA / 252 Spe

-Fire Blast
-Grass Knot
-Hidden Power Ice
-Close Combat / Mach Punch

This Infernape can be replaced with almost anything you would like. It isn't the most effective pokemon in the metagame right now, as it is easily outspeed by many of it's checks and counters. This particular Nape is a Wall Breaker set, which is to be used later game. After you have whittled down your opponents pokemon to low HP, this thing can clean up shop.

Gengar - (Spookles / King Boo)
@Choice Specs
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Energy Ball / HP Ice / HP Fire

Gengar provides excellent type coverage for this team. It also hits hard, and has many resistances and immunities that give it free switch ins, and benefit the team greatly.

[MuSiCa]
06-05-2011, 04:30 AM
To do list:

- Fix Mienshao's Nature as Naive
- Change Heatran's name
- Change Infernape to Scarf Terrakion
- Gengar @ Expert Belt, Shadow Ball / Focus Blast or Thunderbolt / Icy Wind / Substitute

I'll fix those EVs a little... maybe. Oh, Togekiss 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 SDef and give her Body Slam > Thunder Wave.

PKMNbattleSchemes
06-07-2011, 12:40 AM
quite frankly ive seen these pokes way before this
it makes you oh so terribly predictable

[MuSiCa]
06-07-2011, 12:44 AM
Is EVERYTHING predictable to you guys? -.-

Just because something's predictable does not make it suck. Just means that you have to outpredict.

PKMNbattleSchemes
06-07-2011, 12:24 PM
Is EVERYTHING predictable to you guys? -.-

Just because something's predictable does not make it suck. Just means that you have to outpredict.

i never said it sucked but really if youve ever seen youtube videos youll see at least one of these pokes in every OU battle... its not that there bad its just that they are literally overused :L

[MuSiCa]
06-07-2011, 12:34 PM
They're called Overused Pokemon for a reason, man.

PKMNbattleSchemes
06-07-2011, 08:34 PM
They're called Overused Pokemon for a reason, man.

thats the point :L

doctJ
06-18-2011, 01:50 AM
most of those pokemon are so pridictable and anyone has atleast one of them

Mindblown94
06-19-2011, 01:10 AM
most of those pokemon are so pridictable and anyone has atleast one of them

Everything is predictable if you know the metagame well. The only real mystery is mew since he can fill any role.

politoed u
06-25-2011, 11:01 PM
i like it but somethings missing and i dont know wha