PDA

View Full Version : Custom PokeCenter Tier Discussion

Dex
06-06-2011, 09:54 PM
Alright, a lot of you have come to me and asked me to make new tiers for Poke Center like the ones Smogon has. For some strange reason you feel that Maniac and myself could do a better job, well I figure it wouldn't hurt to hear your ideas on what pokemon belong to which tier so go on and discuss.

GDItsMeInTheFlesh
06-06-2011, 10:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAS8XO0Tt6o&feature=feedu

:P

Dex
06-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Yes thats great, how about some of your own feedback on the subject?

GDItsMeInTheFlesh
06-06-2011, 11:36 PM
I think it's stupid. Smogon has it's power for a reason, their tiers make sense. "Omg Guyz, Blaziken is so coolz it shouldn't be uber!!!!111oneoneone" is not a reason to create tiers. Sure, it makes some mad, but it doesn't fit in the current metagame. Smogon's tiers work fine for everyone, and there is no point in attempting to step out of the set standard.

[MaNiAc]
06-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Well I personally don't mind wither way. I just use the Pokémon I like :)

[MuSiCa]
06-07-2011, 12:01 AM
Meh, whatever. My team always has a back-up plan if so and so go to Ubers anyway. I'll sit on the fence for now...

(I expect people to scream that Ferro should go to Ubers)

PSN_xBlackthornWolfx
06-07-2011, 12:12 AM
I'm pretty lax on this forum when comes to tiers so long as anyone has no ubers, buuut I agree with The Joker. I don't really see why individual tiers for just this forum should be made.

PKMNbattleSchemes
06-07-2011, 12:15 AM
i use the pokemons i want to use because i want to use them not because there good.
when you let tiers and other things affect how you play the game your no longer playing to have fun. your playing to just win and theres honestly no fun in that....
while smogon may have a point some people just take it way to far (like literally ive seen comments on videos of people using SB blaze before it was banned and people were hating them because they used it) so i never follow tiers because its more fun that way :D

so back on topic. i think it would be fun to make our own little tier but in reality, whos gonna follow it?
just bringing up a serious question.
(btw i would totally use the tier ;P)

oh and btw SiG people clearly love ferro to much to ban him :P

johtochampion
06-07-2011, 02:49 AM
Honestly guys, we don't have nearly the pull that Smogon does. Why should we make our own tiers if no one else will use them? Think about it. You can go to a chat, type in "lf OU standard battle" and everyone knows exactly what you're talking about. Thats because basically everyone uses smogon's tiers. Maybe one day, if we are as huge as them, we will have the following necessary to successfully pull off making our own tiers, but until then, I think we should stick with Smogon.

Dex
06-07-2011, 03:04 AM
Well the reason I posted this was because I wanted to know what pokemon you thought should be moved around so we know if we even need to do it. So are there any pokemon that need to be moved around or no?

On a side note, most people on here never even go on Smogon except to check the tiers and stuff so if we were to make our own tiers people may actually follow it and it there is a chance that if we some how do a better job word could spread and we might actually get more members. Just a few thoughts.

Mindblown94
06-07-2011, 05:25 AM
Ok so personally, I like smogon's tiering. It's easily the most fair and least unbiased system around, nothing really competes with it. And besides if we make our own tier it's just going to be a waste of time. We could easily do more productive things than make our own tiering system.

Here are my thoughts on each pokemon/ability that has been banned:

Swift swim: This thing was just stupid. You want to know why ferrothorn was/is the top poke in OU? Well this is one of the biggest reasons. It was the only true counter to rain dance teams. it's only weaknesses being fire and fighting, fire is worthless in rain so really only fighting. And no real rain dance teams ran reliable fighting moves. Focus blast, but like it ever hits. Want to know why swift swim was banned and other speed/weather boosters weren't? Because swift swim also gets stab + weather boosted. Which makes it extremely overpowered. Even if you resist water, unless you're bulky you're going to be dented easily.

Blaziken: As much as I love this guy, nothing really counters him at +2 +1. Before you say Jellicent or Chandelure, this guy gets shadow claw. The set I ran for him was SD, hi jump kick, blaze kick, and shadow claw @ focus sash. Nothing could live to him. The only counter was a priority move but even then unless he's at low health he's easily going to live through it and sweep. The only way you could possibly lose with him is if you were dumb enough to spam hi jump kick on a team carrying a ghost.

These are suspect for testing, but I thought I would list them anyway:

Garchomp: Personally, I ran the scarf set on this guy. But the real killer is his SD/sub set. One miss from sand veil hax could mean the difference between you and your opponent winning. At +2 even gliscor can hardly take a dual chop, and after that what's stopping garchomp from setting up another sub? I'm pretty sure chompy here outspeeds gliscor so he can get it through before the taunt. Then at +4 he can just sweep anything easily.

Thundurus: Again, I ran a scarf set on this guy as well. But the real killer is the nasty plot set. You can easily set up on the switch and with your trollsy base 111 speed and at +2 Sp. atk, good luck being able to counter this guy. Counters wuttttttt? Ya, this guy has none. The only real things that can handle this guy are Chansey + Blissey. But even they are 2hko'd by a +2 Focus blast. But that's only if it hits, right guys?

Excadrill: Now I'm sure we all know what this guy does. He easily sets up a SD on the switch, and then he's ready to sweep. Gliscor can take rock slide well, but again he can just set up another SD since gliscor's taunt is slower than his 600 speed. I usually run a skarmory, and at +2 I think my max D skarm lived with 40% hp but guess what happened? Yup, f***ing flinch hax. The only real counter to this guy is bronzong. But I'm seeing a lot more heatproof bronzong's than levitate so Idk.

Victini: 10 words. Run a sun team with choice band adamant v-create. Ok so that was 9, but point being, in the sun nothing can really live a v-create. Milowho? V-create easily takes milotic under half in the sun, then I'm sure you're still faster with -1 so what's really stopping you from hitting him with another v-create? My personal favorite on the little guy was trick room set with minimum speed. The more v-creates the better, You keep getting slower(faster) and your v-create is still sweeping. Trick room ends? No problem, you already sweeped half of the team anyway.

Kyurem: Base 130/130/95 Offensive stats, 125 base Hp and decent bulk on both sides. This guy is just amazing. Slap a specs on him and draco meteor hits anything alive. The only pokes I can think off the top of my head that can take this guy are registeel and milotic. Not to mention this guy is in hail teams as well. stab 100% accuracy blizzard can hurt anything that doesn't resist it. Kyurem, you will not be missed in UU.

Now what was it about smogon being unfair? If you want to argue with me go ahead, but you better be able to explain yourself well because so far everything they has banned is for a good reason.

Dex
06-07-2011, 07:57 PM
Just to clerify things, I never said they were unfair :) The other members came to me and asked us to make our own tiers. Good explination though Mind, and what do you think we could be doing instead of wasting our time on this as you said?

Mindblown94
06-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Just to clerify things, I never said they were unfair :) The other members came to me and asked us to make our own tiers. Good explination though Mind, and what do you think we could be doing instead of wasting our time on this as you said?

Ya I was in the shoutbox with you when people were telling you to make our own tiering, I was about to say something but decided not to. And I'm not sure of any examples, I'm just saying it's better to do other things than make our own tiering system. The one used right now is fine. There really is no reason to replace it.

[MaNiAc]
06-08-2011, 04:16 PM
I agree with the general consensus here. We really don't need to make our own tiers when there is already a very accepted one in place.

Plus it would be a lot of work that I'm not interested in doing xD

DudeMewCanFly
06-08-2011, 05:53 PM
So the question is do we wanna make smogon teiring this sites official rules or no?

johtochampion
06-08-2011, 07:16 PM
I personally think we should adopt smogon's tiers officially. There are only minor things I disagree with with smogon's tiering, but nothing major enough to make me want to change it.

DudeMewCanFly
06-08-2011, 07:57 PM
I agree ^
10char

[MuSiCa]
06-09-2011, 12:40 AM
Lol OK I've seen the arguement and I'm against it. Smogon Tiers are good enough for me.

PSN_xBlackthornWolfx
06-09-2011, 03:03 AM
I agree with Johto. Smogon is just so widely used, and for good reason. It was a good point to at least bring up for discussion Prof, but I really don't think we should make our own tiers.

Jake The Zeike
07-19-2011, 11:08 PM
I think that smogon knows what they are doing and that we really don't need a set of tiers to try to rival theirs. Smogon is just too popular and everyone already knows what their tiers are.

Mindblown94
07-20-2011, 03:41 AM
Dude this thread was discussed about months ago, don't bump old threads.

Jake The Zeike
07-20-2011, 09:19 AM
oops, sorry :/ didnt notice the dates

IkkiMustang
07-21-2011, 05:33 PM
So how will the tiers will be made here?

DudeMewCanFly
07-21-2011, 05:40 PM
So how will the tiers will be made here?

Dude this thread was discussed about months ago, don't bump old threads.

Someone close this thread already this discussion is over