PDA

View Full Version : fav. show growing up

demon sky shaymin
06-18-2011, 02:52 PM
as title says whats your fav. show as a kid besides pokemon. that show dont count cause we all watched it.
mine would have to be either catdog or jimmy nuetron

Jet Prower
06-18-2011, 08:22 PM
That's a tough one. Really, it could have been many of the shows on Nickelodeon, since it was cool back then. Now, the shows on that channel are all about how stupid can we make all our characters. They aren't funny or interesting to watch anymore in my opinion it seems.

PSN_xBlackthornWolfx
06-18-2011, 09:31 PM
I know I'm probably gonna get some hate with this one seeing as this is a Pokemon forum, but it had to be Digimon. XD For me, I loved the Pokemon show, but was mostly about the games. Digimon I liked better than the Pokemon show actually. Least the first 3 seasons. When the 4th came along I dropped it. :|

CloudNine
06-19-2011, 10:15 AM
Uh... I can't remember... I think it was Dual Masters. I was addicted to the card game.. before...

Mindblown94
06-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Ed, edd, n' eddy with no contest for me. I watched that show all day. I just saw the ending on tv a month ago and I watched it. I had company over too and I made them watch it with me lol.

GDItsMeInTheFlesh
06-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Courage The Cowardly Dog!!!!

Ante
06-19-2011, 09:54 PM
Yo-gi-oh, or rugrats.... i loved em.... and rocket power, not sure which 1 out of these

[MaNiAc]
06-19-2011, 10:27 PM
Ahh man, there are just so many! Basically all of the 90's Nickelodeon!
Rugrats, Doug, The Angry Beavers, All That, The Amanda Show, Hey Arnold!, Rocko's Modern Life, The Kenan and Kel Show, Ahh! Real Monsters, Cousin Skeeter, CatDog, and so so soooooo much more!

Oh, the nostalgia!

PKMNbattleSchemes
06-20-2011, 12:15 AM
spongebob most definatly....
there was a time where i had seen and could pretty much recite ever single episode of that show....
LEEDLE LEEDLE LEEDLE LEEEEE....

PSN_xBlackthornWolfx
06-20-2011, 01:49 AM
spongebob most definatly....
there was a time where i had seen and could pretty much recite ever single episode of that show....
LEEDLE LEEDLE LEEDLE LEEEEE....

I can do that to. :P Love Spongebob lol

Jet Prower
06-20-2011, 02:01 AM
I sort of got out of spongebob over time really. I think I was liking more older shows more since they seemed more story based or more interesting. It seems shows these days, if you want a main character, make them as stupid as possible. It seems like such a big thing these days to do with all cartoons X_X

Leobreacker
06-20-2011, 02:14 AM
Heroes and Spiderman :3

demon sky shaymin
06-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Good leo you just broke the chain in cartoons

[MuSiCa]
06-21-2011, 03:04 PM
I'm still growing up lol. I'm at Korean / Chinese Dramas now xD

Leobreacker
06-21-2011, 03:51 PM
Good leo you just broke the chain in cartoons
lol..I like Dexter too :P
So did I start the chain again? :P

Jet Prower
06-21-2011, 07:49 PM
What ever happened to the interesting fun gameshows that used to come on back then XD Now they either don't exist or are only all for adults. Those were interesting to watch for sure.

Mindblown94
06-21-2011, 09:23 PM
What ever happened to the interesting fun gameshows that used to come on back then XD Now they either don't exist or are only all for adults. Those were interesting to watch for sure.

Ya, I remember watching double dare 2000 all the time. I loved that show, I can't remember the name but I remember one where they were split up into teams and had to go through a temple and sometimes answering questions. I thought that show was kind of neat too.

[MaNiAc]
06-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Yeah! Double Dare, Double Dare 2000, and Legends of the Hidden Temple were some of my favorite quirky game shows!

Then there was Slime Time Live, too. Lol xD

Jet Prower
06-22-2011, 12:32 AM
Actually Double Dare 2000 only had like one maybe two seasons. The original was on like three different networks and such and has many seasons actually. I've looked it up before. Then how you learn the guy that did double dare, even though he was on a messy show like that, was a neat freak and germaphobe and such like that. He didn't like getting dirty or people touching him too much, yet he did that show.

Legends of the hidden temple was awesome as well. I always like watching it and Wild and Crazy Kids as well. There were plenty of good game shows back then that no one seems to want to watch anymore if they try and revive anything.

proudvegan23
06-22-2011, 02:23 AM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Scooby Doo, and the Sonic the Hedgehog shows

DudeMewCanFly
06-22-2011, 03:15 AM
Yu-gi-oh and naruto hands down

[MaNiAc]
06-22-2011, 03:16 AM
I completely forgot about Scooby Doo!

During the day when all the boring toddler shows were on, I always watched the endless episodes of Scooby Doo on Cartoon Network waaaaay back in the day :D

johtochampion
06-22-2011, 04:01 AM
Not pokemon? Well, I would say Loony Toons were huge for me! BUGS BUNNY FTW!!!! Also, just about anything from classic nick. Hey Arnold is another big one for me!

[MaNiAc]
06-22-2011, 05:11 AM
Well oh course Pokémon!

I always woke up at 7am on Saturday morning to make sure I caught the newest episodes on KidsWB!

Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh! Jackie Chan Adventures was also a favorite of mine :P

I won't go too much into anime here, because that's a whole other category for me xD

demon sky shaymin
06-22-2011, 03:25 PM
people i said besides pokemon:MarkTheFuckOut::throw-rock:

Jet Prower
06-23-2011, 02:54 AM
I totally forgot about kidsWB. I could only watch it during the weekdays and even then only half of it. I didn't get WB at home, only at my grandparents house and then, WB shows started while you were in school still, so I could only see half the stuff. Though I did like Jackie Chan, and Yu-gi-oh of course when I could.

demon sky shaymin
06-28-2011, 06:22 PM
kidsWB was an ok station and the shows were good but another show i liked was Dragonball and DBZ, now they have DBZ KAI which is just DBZ just started over. oh and DBZ GT

[MaNiAc]
06-28-2011, 09:25 PM
I never really enjoyed DBZ at all. Sure I had friends watch it, but for some reason I thought it was gross :P

PSN_xBlackthornWolfx
06-29-2011, 03:44 AM
All this talk about the old Nick shows had made me really miss them. D:

Mindblown94
06-29-2011, 04:29 AM
I miss being a kid because all of the good cartoons.

Btw did anyone every watch the wild thornberries?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw7A5fFjNfI&feature=feedf

PSN_xBlackthornWolfx
06-29-2011, 05:52 AM
I know this is off topic, but I gotta thank you for showing that video MindBlown. You have me, my boyfriend, and my best friend laughing our heads off XDD

demon sky shaymin
06-29-2011, 02:45 PM
the wild thornberries i watched some of them but it didnt hook me in to it. it was a alright show for the first couple of shows, but did anyone watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jc5NWeGHxM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaIeIJyS3ts&feature=related
and i even watched all grown up, they were good shows when i was little

johtochampion
07-01-2011, 02:34 PM
the wild thornberries i watched some of them but it didnt hook me in to it. it was a alright show for the first couple of shows, but did anyone watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jc5NWeGHxM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaIeIJyS3ts&feature=related
and i even watched all grown up, they were good shows when i was little

I loved Rugrats, but I could never watch All Grown Up. It ruined it for me.

Jet Prower
07-02-2011, 06:55 AM
I watched Thornberries, Rugrats and Grownup. Though the last one wasn't the best one of them really. I think they wanted the thornberries before it could get even better. The main thing with Nick is that over time, just like most other stations, the length of time between new episodes on shows was just getting massive. You may get three episodes of each show a year because of how many they were making. It just started getting old watching the old ones so many times before waiting for that single new episode every now and then at random.

PSN_xBlackthornWolfx
07-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Oh they make new episodes of their current shows trust me, they just suck. The only show I can really tolerate I guess is iCarly, but doesn't make it that great. I still miss Drake and Josh, wish they hadn't got rid of it. D:

demon sky shaymin
07-02-2011, 02:32 PM
oh crap i really like drake and josh it was funny with the sister(which is the star of icarly) lulwut how did i know that >.> <.< >.> <.< >.<

Mindblown94
07-02-2011, 05:43 PM
I would watch drake and josh all day. The bet episode was the best one in my opinion. When josh made their room into a candy wonderland and seeing the look on Drake's face was priceless.

demon sky shaymin
07-02-2011, 05:53 PM
yeah that 1 was awesome but another show i remember is THUNDER CATS HOOOOOOO. it was an epic show when it was first made and now they are making brand new ones CN. cant wait :MarkTheFuckOut: :doublethumb:

Jet Prower
07-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Yes, Drake and Josh was one of the last shows i was watching on that network, maybe a few others, but since I don't like anything current on there, I don't really watch the network anymore. <y tastes have just changed over time to real shows instead of cartoons it seems XD

Leobreacker
07-03-2011, 10:37 PM
Yes, Drake and Josh was one of the last shows i was watching on that network, maybe a few others, but since I don't like anything current on there, I don't really watch the network anymore. <y tastes have just changed over time to real shows instead of cartoons it seems XD
ohhh yeah!! I forgot to mention Drake and Josh! lool they were hilarious...they should start a new season o.o

Jet Prower
07-04-2011, 03:53 AM
With the shows they have on there now, I highly doubt that. But even stranger is how over time, all the cartoon channels all have started showing so many kid sitcoms instead of cartoons and such now.

Aura Master
07-06-2011, 05:05 AM
I watched Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon, and Duel Masters when they came out. As for cartoons, Spongebob and Ed Edd and Eddy :)

demon sky shaymin
07-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Yu-Gi-Oh and Digimon were beast shows and Duel Masters i watched somw but i didnt really get what to do and how to play, like Yu-Gi-Oh i was awesome at it and only lost once X(

Jet Prower
07-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Really, the main thing with Yu-gi-oh, was that it was a good show, but unless you live in a big city or really active area, you have no one to play with. All you can do really is collect the cards and build a deck hoping you would find a place that would let you play with the cards. It was just so hard to ever play, that I eventually got out of it. Well, that and they stopped showing the show on tv and I never got to see the end of it.

PSN_xBlackthornWolfx
07-08-2011, 03:02 AM
Really, the main thing with Yu-gi-oh, was that it was a good show, but unless you live in a big city or really active area, you have no one to play with. All you can do really is collect the cards and build a deck hoping you would find a place that would let you play with the cards. It was just so hard to ever play, that I eventually got out of it. Well, that and they stopped showing the show on tv and I never got to see the end of it.

I agree, the only people I ever got to play Yu-gi-oh with was an older neighbor of mine and my best friend, I mostly just collected the cards and watched the show. I still have most of them somewhere but obviously I got out of it XD

Jet Prower
07-08-2011, 08:21 PM
I agree, the only people I ever got to play Yu-gi-oh with was an older neighbor of mine and my best friend, I mostly just collected the cards and watched the show. I still have most of them somewhere but obviously I got out of it XD

That was most likely a big problem with most trading card games really. The shops can't stay in business that long and unless you live in a massive city, you rarely have people to play with. That has to hurt the games popularity over time when people can't play with each other.

Jake The Zeike
07-11-2011, 06:29 AM
I gotta say a combination of rugrats, yu-gi-oh, rocket power, and hey arnold

Aura Master
07-11-2011, 04:21 PM
With the shows they have on there now, I highly doubt that. But even stranger is how over time, all the cartoon channels all have started showing so many kid sitcoms instead of cartoons and such now.

Sorry, I just saw this one post :P But I have noticed it too. I'm not sure if it's just me getting older(probably is), but all the cartoons I used to love have vanished, unless they are on Nicktoons or Boomerang. And then they replace them with these very creepy "cartoons" that quite honestly scare me. Where did me childhood go? T_T

(I'm 16 Btw XD)

DudeMewCanFly
07-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Sorry, I just saw this one post :P But I have noticed it too. I'm not sure if it's just me getting older(probably is), but all the cartoons I used to love have vanished, unless they are on Nicktoons or Boomerang. And then they replace them with these very creepy "cartoons" that quite honestly scare me. Where did me childhood go? T_T

(I'm 16 Btw XD)

IKR!!! those shows are soo trippy i cant believe they let kids watch that stuff!

Jet Prower
07-12-2011, 01:03 AM

(I'm 16 Btw XD)

Most of the old shows are on those channels yes, but I don't watch them much anyway anymore. Even so, I do agree that most of the shows are strange. They are usually all about idiots and how stupid can we make the main characters. It's just strange and there half the time seems to be no story or constant story, or at least a general idea sometimes. These shows are just about how many jokes of the characters being stupid can we cram into the 20 minutes they have.

Aura Master
07-12-2011, 03:46 AM
Most of the old shows are on those channels yes, but I don't watch them much anyway anymore. Even so, I do agree that most of the shows are strange. They are usually all about idiots and how stupid can we make the main characters. It's just strange and there half the time seems to be no story or constant story, or at least a general idea sometimes. These shows are just about how many jokes of the characters being stupid can we cram into the 20 minutes they have.

Exactly. I like funny, and sometimes stupid is funny, but there is definitely a line. And what they put into kids shows nowadays is stupid nonsense. I like the simplicity in the old shows, as well as a good storyline/plot. If I were still a kid and watched little kid shows, I honestly wouldn't find any of the crap on today funny, and might be a little scared! Lol ^_^

Tanman007
07-13-2011, 05:46 PM
yu gi oh,dbz,simpsons, and good ole looney toons

Jet Prower
07-14-2011, 05:50 AM
Exactly. I like funny, and sometimes stupid is funny, but there is definitely a line. And what they put into kids shows nowadays is stupid nonsense. I like the simplicity in the old shows, as well as a good storyline/plot. If I were still a kid and watched little kid shows, I honestly wouldn't find any of the crap on today funny, and might be a little scared! Lol ^_^

Most likely would agree with you there yes. I can't understand most of the shows that are on those channels today and its likely why over time I lost interest in most cartoons and such and have switched to sitcoms and reality shows or actuality shows and such like that with real people. At least then its real people and you can point out how stupid these people are acting for real instead of someone making a cartoon that is for little kids like that.

noelpagan82
07-18-2011, 05:15 AM
Cat Dog, Hey Arnold, All That

fizzay
07-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Yu-Gi-Oh!,iCarly,Kennan and Kel,Fairly Odd Parents and Kim Possible.
Well that's what I watch now since I'm 11 and growing up.

PSN_tainers14
09-25-2011, 11:46 PM
TMNT, the weekenders, everything on the disney channel, and sponge bob. Technically The weekenders is disney but that show stands above all other shows. Also watched pokes and yugioh.

DucksGoMooful
09-26-2011, 02:25 AM
No bumping threads more than a month old. Closed.