PDA

View Full Version : which Ds is better

demon sky shaymin
07-05-2011, 06:51 PM
which Ds is really better or you really like. the big DS, Ds lite, DSI, Ds XL, or the new 3Ds

DudeMewCanFly
07-05-2011, 07:09 PM
3Ds once more games come out it will be completely worth the buy and you can play dsi games on it too

Kale12321
07-05-2011, 10:31 PM
Original ftw imo Mine still (kinda) works and is almost in 2 pieces BUT I always liked it. Then the Dslite

Ante
07-05-2011, 11:58 PM
Ds Lite, it's the 1 i have, and it's small, compactable, and bright...

And honestly, does any1 really need a Camera, or a bigger screen??? It's uncessecary, and as for the 3D, it will just ruin the eyes of every1 even more... it's just a waste of money

Jet Prower
07-06-2011, 12:27 AM
I say the original so far. I've borrowed a lite and also heard many stories about them. Sure they are lighter, but they are from what I've heard, more prone to breaking. This big one I've had is still kicking and doesn't seem to have any problems with it. I want my GBA slot, so the I's are not interesting to me whatsoever.

Mindblown94
07-06-2011, 12:52 AM
I voted DSi, because it's the one I like the most out of the ones I've tried.

zeroenso
07-06-2011, 02:04 AM
teh redular DSI but i heard that you cant play the regular DS game

GDItsMeInTheFlesh
07-06-2011, 02:20 AM
^What?.... There aren't even any DSi exclusive games.... What else would you play?

Aura Master
07-06-2011, 04:53 AM
I voted for the 3DS, but it is a tie for the 3DS and DS Lite for me. The DS Lite is smaller and brighter than the original and still has the GB Slot which is awesome, and the 3DS because like mew has stated, it will be worth the wait when more good games begin to come out, and the cameras and internet are very nice too :P

Jake The Zeike
07-06-2011, 07:35 AM
I agree with Jet Prower. The Ds lite is just too prone to breaking. The original has been better for me

[MuSiCa]
07-06-2011, 10:46 AM
DS Lite because I haven't seen the rest. Lol.

DucksGoMooful
07-06-2011, 11:30 AM
I have an original DS, a DSi, and a 3DS. I have to say that I like the 3DS. The DSi doesn't have a whole lot going for it compared to the 3DS, but it's clearly superior to the DS Lite. It's compact, has a matte finish, and the buttons are easier to press, not to mention brighter screens and more features. I do love my original DS, but it just can't compare with the 3DS, so I'm gonna have to vote for that.

PSN_xBlackthornWolfx
07-06-2011, 02:21 PM
I said DSi. I have yet to own/play the 3DS so can't count that for me. I started off with a black DS Lite but of course that thing had to break in just about a year and a half. The hinge cracked and eventually came off, I still have it since it still works but it's all duck taped up and just bleh. XD But I've had my DSi for even longer now and so far I've had no problems like that at all. I don't use the other features like the stupid camera, but I do love it and play it at least once a day. :3 And the no GBA slot doesn't bother me, because I'll usually just use my old SP that still works or my Lite. Opinion may change once I get my 3DS

demon sky shaymin
07-06-2011, 02:39 PM
i still say the lite because if you take care of it, it wont break and when i get payed from my aunt i think im gettin 300$ and im getting a new Ds so i really dont no which to get if i do get 300$ then i might get the 3DS if the pokemon games and be played if not the back to the DSI for me Xd

Aura Master
07-06-2011, 03:03 PM
teh redular DSI but i heard that you cant play the regular DS game

Lrn2inglish 1st of al......and learn more about the DS's....Anyways, Original is the heaviest and not the brightest which is why the DS Lite was created (And I have a Lite xP), and the DSi was good until the 3DS came out which just beat it in every way (And I also have a 3DS). And I think we all agree that the DSi XL was a waste of time! :)

GDItsMeInTheFlesh
07-06-2011, 03:13 PM
i still say the lite because if you take care of it, it wont break and when i get payed from my aunt i think im gettin 300$ and im getting a new Ds so i really dont no which to get if i do get 300$ then i might get the 3DS if the pokemon games and be played if not the back to the DSI for me Xd

3DS is backwards compatible

demon sky shaymin
07-06-2011, 03:30 PM
so it can play pokemon normal and the 3D games

Aura Master
07-06-2011, 03:40 PM
so it can play pokemon normal and the 3D games

Yup, you can play regular DS games as well as the 3D ones when they come out, like Ocarina of Time, Mario Kart 3DS, etc.

demon sky shaymin
07-06-2011, 04:08 PM
ok then if i do get at least 300$ then i will get the 3DS and Oot and mario kart 3D ??????? i guess

Aura Master
07-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Exactly, thats why I got it. Once the 3D games start coming out it will be amazing!

demon sky shaymin
07-06-2011, 04:41 PM
ok i will then but first how did this poll turn in to a talkin session about me desiding which Ds i should get X_x O_O

Aura Master
07-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Who knows? Not enough people posting I guess :P

Jet Prower
07-06-2011, 07:48 PM
I just never liked the idea of the DSi. Downloading games and that camera are of no interest to me. Downloading games will not be an interest to me for a very very long time. I want the game to actually be in my hand. I don't want to download it and risk it being lost and my money thrown into the garbage on something digital and not physical in my opinion.

Leobreacker
07-06-2011, 08:20 PM
DS lite..the best of thm all. The original!!! But if you have trouble with eyesight, buy Dsi XL.

[MaNiAc]
07-06-2011, 08:30 PM
I'm voting for my trusty DSi!

Something about it's black matte finish and camera just wreak of sexiness :3

Lol, that's just me xD

DucksGoMooful
07-06-2011, 08:48 PM
I just never liked the idea of the DSi. Downloading games and that camera are of no interest to me. Downloading games will not be an interest to me for a very very long time. I want the game to actually be in my hand. I don't want to download it and risk it being lost and my money thrown into the garbage on something digital and not physical in my opinion.
You don't have to download games if you don't want to. It's the same with any kind of smartphone. The option is there, but you can just use the phone as a phone and nothing else. You can play any DS game on a DSi, but it has slightly bigger screens and that matte finish, just to make it so awesome.

DS lite..the best of thm all. The original!!! But if you have trouble with eyesight, buy Dsi XL.
Lies. It's not the original, the DS is the original. But yeah, the DSi XL is so big it's hard to not see anything.

Jet Prower
07-06-2011, 10:10 PM
I just never really needed or wanted to upgrade when my normal DS still worked just fine was all. Why have my DS taken away and given something else that I don't really need at this point. I have heard that there may be one or two games that are somewhat DSi required, but those are not that common. I already have a Digital Camera and smartphone, so I don't need another camera.

PokemonHunter
07-07-2011, 12:23 AM
3DS. U can play games in 3d for goodness sake! Unless u play the regular games. But still, awesome system

Mindblown94
07-07-2011, 02:03 AM
I say the original so far. I've borrowed a lite and also heard many stories about them. Sure they are lighter, but they are from what I've heard, more prone to breaking. This big one I've had is still kicking and doesn't seem to have any problems with it. I want my GBA slot, so the I's are not interesting to me whatsoever.

Ehh, they won't break if you're careful with them. Unless they just randomly break for no reason. I do agree with the GBA slot though because I love most of those games, but ever since I got into emulators I don't really need them anymore.

Jet Prower
07-07-2011, 03:21 AM
Ehh, they won't break if you're careful with them. Unless they just randomly break for no reason. I do agree with the GBA slot though because I love most of those games, but ever since I got into emulators I don't really need them anymore.

If you are collector like me, the emulators only have so much use. I would rather have the real game any day =P

demon sky shaymin
07-07-2011, 02:27 PM
really no one for the DSI XL XD what a fail creation XD :P its like to big and it wont fit in your pocket. say you go on your bike to a friends house, and it dont fit it falls out and breaks -__-

Mindblown94
07-07-2011, 06:32 PM
The only benefit of the DS XL was a larger screen, but it was more annoying to carry.

GDItsMeInTheFlesh
07-07-2011, 10:39 PM
The DSi XL was aimed towards an older audience, for the minigames like Tetris and Fitness games.

[MaNiAc]
07-08-2011, 07:57 PM
^ and manly men with big hands xD

I really do think they should have kept the matte finish, and not revert back to the glossy fingerprint magnet one lol

Matte black = RAWR! :D

Jet Prower
07-08-2011, 08:19 PM
They need a green one of any of these. XD I would love to have a green one of any of these DS's =P

[MaNiAc]
07-09-2011, 02:37 AM
Maybe a special edition green Legend of Zelda DS? xD

[MuSiCa]
07-09-2011, 02:41 AM
Speaking of Limited Editon DSes, I've got one with Dialga / Palkia on the cover.

[MaNiAc]
07-09-2011, 02:59 AM
o:!!!!!!!!

I'm soooooo jealous x.x

Jet Prower
07-09-2011, 04:32 AM
You can get skins for DS's online pretty easily. Most of them are usually for lite's though, so really, if you pay attention, you can make your DS look however you really want it to look like.

[MaNiAc]
07-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Lol yea I know that. I have never been a fan of those sticker-skins for the DS.

They just seem a bit tacky.

Plus why would I want to cover up that sexy matte skin of the DSi anyway xD

PSN_xBlackthornWolfx
07-10-2011, 01:56 PM
;55072']Lol yea I know that. I have never been a fan of those sticker-skins for the DS.

They just seem a bit tacky.

Plus why would I want to cover up that sexy matte skin of the DSi anyway xD

Exactly XD I had a black DS Lite and the thing was COVERED in finger prints....now it's covered in finger prints and tape. But I love my white DSi, so much better looking with the matte finish :P

Jet Prower
07-12-2011, 01:20 AM
I guess I just don't know what that finish is supposed to be, seeing as I still have a Silver normal DS XD

DucksGoMooful
07-12-2011, 01:36 AM
It basically means that you can't leave fingerprints on it. It's way better than the DS Lite, although not the original DS since it didn't have either.

PSN_xBlackthornWolfx
07-12-2011, 05:29 AM
Yeah what Dux said, it leaves no finger prints. So much easier to manage now that I only have to clean the screen once in awhile, plus it's a lot better looking when not covered in finger prints. :3

Ante
07-15-2011, 03:08 AM
I agree with Jet Prower. The Ds lite is just too prone to breaking. The original has been better for me

I've had my ds lite since 2004 and it still works, nothing broke, or the screen or anything like that...

Jet Prower
07-15-2011, 08:06 PM
I guess I never really noticed finger prints as much on my old DS that often, unless you mean on the screens. The outsides somewhat scratched, but they are light scratches that you can't even really feel. That just comes with normal use though that the surface coloring is going to fade away over time.

urbanKILLER
07-24-2011, 09:29 PM
i think 3ds is good for me i no not for everybody but for me it is because thats the only 3d systom they have

Frogg_Lord
08-09-2011, 02:28 PM
i've had to buy my own DS with my money so naturally i chose Ds lite because it was cheaper, but mostly because it has the slot for GBA games in it. i was, at the time, a little geek who had NEVER played ruby or saphhire or LG/FR and i was dying to do so.

Blue Dragon
08-16-2011, 01:36 AM
I had the DS lite and it was ok, then I got the DSi XL and that was amazing to me at the time and now I have the 3DS. I didn't think that the DSi could be improved by the 3DS until I got it.

Try playing Zelda Ocarina of Time on 3DS when you get it if you haven't already, it's so amazing in 3D. And overall the 3DS has better and a wider range of features including a better internet browser and Pokedex 3D. It's just awesome ^^

Leobreacker
08-16-2011, 02:00 AM
I want to buy a 3DS, but what would I do with all my games in my R4? Also, if I get another flashcard for 3DS, It would be kind of difficult to get used to all the new firmware set ups and also, Wood R4 firmware dont work with most flashcards that support DSi, DSiXL or 3DS.

DucksGoMooful
08-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Old DS games work with the 3DS, you know, so it should work, right? I have no idea how any of that works, but it should function the same.

kak1
04-17-2012, 11:30 PM
3ds thuot don't have it is a portpale wii