PDA

View Full Version : RMT 5th OU

Where
07-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Lets begin, shall we?(I can't get [animated]pics >.<)
I'm kinda new to competitive Battleing, so here's the secound OU team I have made and first RMT.

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Atk / x Def / x SAtk / 252 SDef* / x Spd*]
Careful (+Sp. Def., -Sp. Att.)
- Bulk Up
- Payback
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch

Not much to say. He's the lead because he can Payback Psychics and Ghost, take hits, and set up. Once he sets up, the only hope you may have is a Milotic with Dragon Tail.[But even then, you'll find your Milotic in trouble ;)]

Sp. Def. and HP evs to help him set up. Att. evs just because its a boost that Drain Punch will need.

Galvantula @ Life Orb
Ability: Compoundeyes
EVs: 4 HP / x Atk / x Def / 252 SAtk / x SDef* / 252 Spd*]
Timid (+Speed, -Att.)
- Thunder
- Energyball
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power(Ice)

Now you're probally thinking "OMG a RU in OU! U going die!", hello. The only reason he's not in OU is because his Sp. Att. and Speed is slightly lower than most OU sweepers(Or just the OU sweepers I like). He gets compoundeyes, so that's a STABed Thunder that will most likly hit. So whats wrong with that? He can out speed a non-scarfed Hydreigon, and even if the Hydreigon is scarfed, he's locked into that move, so Conkledurr can come out and take the move or set up while he switches. HP ice because without it Gliscor dances on his grave. Life Orb because anything else would be a waste. He can't take hits from anything, so why not use his HP to boost his Att.(I almost put LP XD). O' how I said that the Milotic would be in trouble? STABed Thunder. ;)

Evs and nature to out speed a non-scarfed Hydreigon and most likely KO it(with Bug Buzz). Yeah, just so it can sweep things.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 212 HP / x Atk / x Def / x SAtk / 252 SDef* /44Spd*]
Calm (+Sp. Def., -Att. )
- Recover
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Pretty much self explainitory, Recover to make it last, Scald for damage, Will-O-Wisp because I don't want to risk not getting a burn off, and Taunt because nothing else would do. And it's a special wall...

Evs and nature to keep her around for awhile.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron barbs
EVs: 252 HP / x Atk / 252 Def / x SAtk / 4 SDef* / x Spd*]
Relaxed (+Def, -Speed)
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Thunderwave
Speed Evs: 0

Physical wall, not much to say. It sets SR and takes hits. T-Wave to cripple the obvious Volcarona that'll switch in. SR > Spikes because of Volcarona. Perfect with Jellicent.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / x Atk / x Def / 252 SAtk / x SDef* / 252 Spd*
Modest (+Sp. Att., -Att.)
- Surf
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor

The Special Sweeper. Ment to out speed Chandalures and hopefully take them out. The move set is so that it can wreck just about anything.

Evs and nature ment to boost speed and Sp. Att. for a nice clean sweep.

Rotom-W @ Left Overs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / x Atk / 168 Def / x SAtk / x SDef* / 88 Spd*]
Bold (+Deff, -Att.)
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hidden Power(Ice)

Standard Smogon set for Rotom-W wall. HP Ice over Pain Split because of Gliscor and Dragons. It can take hits like a beast and hit back.

EVs and nature to increase its wallness.

I know I have a weakness to Dragon and Grass, but take a look at the movesets.

DudeMewCanFly
07-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Jellicent @ Red Card/Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / x Atk / x Def / x SAtk / 252 SDef* / x Spd*]
Calm (+Sp. Def., -Att. )
- Recover
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

I'm not too sure about Leftovers over Red Card. I kinda hate it when people set up on me and none of my other walls have a Recover move(other than Leech Seed :p). Pretty much self explainitory, Recover to make it last, Scald for damage, Will-O-Wisp because I don't want to risk not getting a burn off, and Taunt because nothing else would do. And it's a special wall...

Evs and nature to keep her around for awhile.

Leftovers definently you don't see too many people setting up anymore and when you do they are mostly kinda slow so just switch into one of those sweepers you got and laugh in their face. Plus if you want to keep it around for a while leftovers are needed.

Mindblown94
07-11-2011, 09:30 PM
I'm kind of tired so I'm only going to point out one thing. On ferrothorn it's illegal to have leech seed, spikes, and stealth rocks. You can have any of the 2 combinations, but not all 3. For example you can have stealth rock and spikes, stealth rock and leech seed, and spikes with leech seed. But you can't have all 3 because of breeding.

Jake The Zeike
07-12-2011, 05:48 AM
Team looks good. And I agree with mew, definately go for leftovers. It really increases his survivability

Where
07-13-2011, 01:49 AM
I'm kind of tired so I'm only going to point out one thing. On ferrothorn it's illegal to have leech seed, spikes, and stealth rocks. You can have any of the 2 combinations, but not all 3. For example you can have stealth rock and spikes, stealth rock and leech seed, and spikes with leech seed. But you can't have all 3 because of breeding.
GF disappoints me. ;(

Mew+Jake, I'm kinda worried about shell-passers...But it's not like I'm going to always run into them. *edits post*

DudeMewCanFly
07-13-2011, 02:19 AM
I wouldn't worry as much about shell passers as I would cloyster and your team can pretty much take what cloyster can dish out so I stand by my earlier statement.

Mindblown94
07-17-2011, 12:20 PM
i think your team is pretty good

Doctj, you really need to stop doing this dude. You've been asked at least 10 times to stop spamming posts. You're just begging for a few infractions right now.

DudeMewCanFly
07-17-2011, 04:09 PM
i think your team is pretty good

your team is good i guess

-_- really? read here (http://poke-center.com/forum/showthread.php?3804-Rules-of-the-Rate-My-Team-Section) please preferably the bottom part.

These posts are no help whatsoever and you have posted the same thing twice....seriously?
This is like the 10th time you've done this next time you will probly get an infraction.

P.S. sorry for the minimod

Mindblown94
07-17-2011, 08:09 PM
-_- really? read here (http://poke-center.com/forum/showthread.php?3804-Rules-of-the-Rate-My-Team-Section) please preferably the bottom part.

These posts are no help whatsoever and you have posted the same thing twice....seriously?
This is like the 10th time you've done this next time you will probly get an infraction.

P.S. sorry for the minimod

I just realized he posted it twice x.x

Jake The Zeike
07-18-2011, 09:05 AM
Upon closer inspection at your ferrothorn, I would personally run power whip or curse in place of t-wave. It will reduce the power of your gyro ball, and you only have 8 of them. After they are gone, no more attacking moves. If you want to add curse, I would drop t-wave and stealth rock for curse and power whip. If not, I would just use power whip in place of t-wave. also, on a cursing set, max spec. defense would be a good idea. Just throwing that out there

[MuSiCa]
07-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Standard Thunder Waving Ferrothorn =

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock / Spikes

Standard Jellicent =

Jeliicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald / Surf
- Will-o-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

(I'd go for Cursed Body since you can't really abuse Water Absorb without having anyone weak to water)

Standard Bulk Up Conky =
Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spd
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Payback / Stone Edge
- Mach Punch

Right...
Your team has a weakness to:
Mixed Infernape
Mixed Salamence
Mixed Tyranitar
Specially Defensive Jirachi and Calm Mind Jirachi

There's probably alot more, I'm just really lazy to think over all the 53 OU Pokemon and like 50 UU Pokemon that work in OU.

Where
07-19-2011, 02:28 AM
Upon closer inspection at your ferrothorn, I would personally run power whip or curse in place of t-wave. It will reduce the power of your gyro ball, and you only have 8 of them. After they are gone, no more attacking moves. If you want to add curse, I would drop t-wave and stealth rock for curse and power whip. If not, I would just use power whip in place of t-wave. also, on a cursing set, max spec. defense would be a good idea. Just throwing that out there
My mistake. Thinking about it, Power Whip would be better than Gyro Ball. I need T-Wave for all of those non-scarfed sweepers that I know are coming in(Ex. Volcarona, Infernape, ect.).

Standard Thunder Waving Ferrothorn =

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock / Spikes

Standard Jellicent =

Jeliicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald / Surf
- Will-o-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

(I'd go for Cursed Body since you can't really abuse Water Absorb without having anyone weak to water)

Standard Bulk Up Conky =
Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spd
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Payback / Stone Edge
- Mach Punch

Right...
Your team has a weakness to:
Mixed Infernape
Mixed Salamence
Mixed Tyranitar
Specially Defensive Jirachi and Calm Mind Jirachi

There's probably alot more, I'm just really lazy to think over all the 53 OU Pokemon and like 50 UU Pokemon that work in OU.

@Ferrothorn set, With Ferrothorn's typing, the only special moves it should worry about(other than fire/fighting) are Bug and Ice(Which Jellicent should be able to take nicely). I personnaly love walling a Dragonite with his deffensive(max deff.) set.
@Jellicent set, *edits*
@Conkledurr set, The set I have has served me well. Max Sp. Deff. over Max Att because it can stomach a Contrary Serperior while setting up. I doubt that set can take many hits while setting up. It might be able to get one Bulk Up, but...1 Bulk Up over 6?

[MuSiCa]
07-19-2011, 04:27 AM
Yes, but Ferrothorn's primary role is to wall bulky water types, who usually use special attacks. Ice is usually coupled with Electric whereas Bug is rarely used unless it gets STAB.

godzilla
07-20-2011, 06:57 PM
give conkeldurr flame orb a lot better

Mindblown94
07-22-2011, 05:30 PM
give conkeldurr flame orb a lot better

Flame orb sucks with bulk up. And it's a bulky sweeper judging by the EVs.