PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon of the Week - 10

[MaNiAc]
07-12-2011, 12:28 AM
And for our tenth Pokémon of the Week...

Stunfisk
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/websurfer1192/618Stunfisk.png
Ground/Electric - Static/Limber/Sand Veil[DW]
109 HP/ 66 Atk/ 84 Def/ 81 SpAtk/ 99 SpDef/ 32 Spe

It conceals itself in the mud of the seashore. Then it waits. When prey touch it, it delivers a jolt of electricity.
Its skin is very hard, so it is unhurt even if stepped on by sumo wrestlers. It smiles when transmitting electricity.

Derp.

GDItsMeInTheFlesh
07-12-2011, 12:48 AM
Magikarp wannabe.

Leobreacker
07-12-2011, 12:53 AM
This pokemon is my favorite ^_^ I prefer this than any other electric pokemon...I mean, its Electric and Ground...so awesome.. Isn't electric weak against ground? :O
This is the info of my Stunkfisk:
I am doing this moveset for this website(the stunfisk database)

Item: Leftovers
Ability: Static
Nature: Modest
Moves: Surf, Thunder bolt, Earth power, Hidden power (fire)

Other move sets for you:

Nature: Bold
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 SD, 252 DEF, 4 HP
Moves:
Thunderbolt: Taunt, etc.
Toxic.
Protect
Sandstorm.. (maybe o.O)

[MuSiCa]
07-12-2011, 03:49 AM
Right then. [Today 11:42 AM] SomeoneIGuess : Alright, here's the notable traits of Stunfisk: Great for spreading Paralysis | Can run a Curse set | Can do Sleep Talk | Has Pain Split for recovery as well | Can do double status (Yawn + Thunder Wave) | Unique typing (5 Resist 4 Weak) |

I'm going to update this with the overview. Hopefully you guys can think of something ^^ (Don't worry if you don't I have a backup plan)

zeroenso
07-12-2011, 04:44 AM
i think it is one of the best new tanks of the game

[MuSiCa]
07-12-2011, 07:38 AM
Stunfisk
Trap Pokémon

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/websurfer1192/618Stunfisk.png
Ground / Electric - Static / Limber / Sand Veil [DW]
109 HP / 66 Atk / 84 Def / 81 SAtk / 99 SDef / 32 Spe

It conceals itself in the mud of the seashore. Then it waits. When prey touch it, it delivers a jolt of electricity.
Its skin is very hard, so it is unhurt even if stepped on by sumo wrestlers. It smiles when transmitting electricity.

Stunfisk is some kind of joke Pokemon, which leads to it being commonly overlooked. You may ask, why use it? Well, unique typing, a somewhat large moveset, and defensively oriented stats let it perform as a kind of niche tank of sorts. Curse, and recovery in the form of Rest-Talk and Pain Split plus those stats make it able to use Curse quite effectively. It also can spread Paralysis rather quickly with Discharge and Static both having 30% Chances to paralyse, or it could just use Thunder Wave. Speaking of Thunder Wave, Yawn can be used with it to make some sort of Double Status set. Lastly, Scald helps Stunfisk to take Physical hits pretty easily, with that 30% Burn chance.

Set1
@
Ability:
EVs: / /
Nature (+, -)
-
-
-
-

EVs / Nature

Checks / Counters

Partners

Set2
@
Ability:
Nature (+, -)
-
-
-
-

EVs / Nature

Checks / Counters

Partners

Setn
@
Ability:
Nature (+, -)
-
-
-
-

EVs / Nature

Checks / Counters

Partners

Other Options

Ciel
07-12-2011, 11:05 AM
lol Stunfisk xD

looking at his stats his not as bad as he looks :P

He could work well as a wall but the only recovery move he gets is Rest..

RestTalk:
@Leftovers
Ability:Static
EVs: 188HP/252Def/68sp.def
Moveset:
Rest
Sleeptalk
Discharge
Scald

This set could potentially be very annoying xD
Both Discharge and Scald have a high chance of status, Stunfisk can cripple the opponent as well as giving out some damage (while asleep xD )

I am not really an expert on EVs so I can't explain the EV spread efficiently xD (hopefully SIG will help out :P )
Max EV on defence is to compensate its relatively low base stat, while since it has a decent sp.def stat of 99, it does not require as much EV investment.
The rest goes to HP.

[MuSiCa]
07-12-2011, 11:18 AM
lol Stunfisk xD

looking at his stats his not as bad as he looks :P

He could work well as a wall but the only recovery move he gets is Rest..

RestTalk:
@Leftovers
Ability:Static
EVs: 188HP/252Def/68sp.def
Moveset:
Rest
Sleeptalk
Discharge
Scald

This set could potentially be very annoying xD
Both Discharge and Scald have a high chance of status, Stunfisk can cripple the opponent as well as giving out some damage (while asleep xD )

I am not really an expert on EVs so I can't explain the EV spread efficiently xD (hopefully SIG will help out :P )
Max EV on defence is to compensate its relatively low base stat, while since it has a decent sp.def stat of 99, it does not require as much EV investment.
The rest goes to HP.

He gets Pain Split too, Ciel!

Well, here's my opinions. First off, Those EVs are very redundant since you're running Scald. Of course, you could keep it that way if you lost Scald... Secondly, two status moves. Not very optimal, though Scald definitely works better than Yawn here. Toxic, on the other hand, might do something. I think...

Let me try to fix that up...
252 HP / 252 Def for without Scald and 252 HP / 252 SDef for with Scald. Usually, I like really messed up EV Spreads but for these I should keep them simple, unless there's something specific achieved. So...

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Discharge / Thunderbolt
- Toxic

And

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunderbolt
- Scald

Actually I think that the second set has something to it... Actually, rip these sets apart and reassemble them.

Jake The Zeike
07-12-2011, 10:48 PM
Here's an interesting set I thought up for this little guy

Stunfisk@leftovers
Evs: 252hp/4def/252spdef
-toxic
-bounce
-protect
-curse

This set takes advantage of his access to bounce to make a decent toxic stalling set. After a curse is set up, his defenses come to 308 defense, 326 special defense, and 422 hp. No instant recovery move because of all the leftovers gain he will be getting. Not to mention the more you curse, the more damage bounce will be doing and a chance of parahax on the switch.

Where
07-13-2011, 02:19 AM
Stunfisk! I made a set for him for my subway run. *Looks for book* I swear I put his set in a book somewhere...

Stunfisk @Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def./ 4 Att.
Nature Impish(+Def., -Sp. Att.)
- Curse (boost def. and EQ)
- Painsplit (Rest isn't worth it)
- Toxic (Its Toxic)
- Earthquake (damage)

EVs / Nature:
HP/Def. Evs to make it a nice physical wall. 4 Att. because everything else would be a waste. Impish>Bold because then EQ would be weakened. And EQ over shock wave. Physical wall over special because the only things that hurt him as a Physical wall is EQ and icepunch(< And stuff like that).

Checks / Counters; Anything with EQ and Electivire.

Partners: If Gardevoir is RU, Gardevoir. Anything with levitate/flying or a special wall.

[MuSiCa]
07-13-2011, 02:25 AM
I'm sure Rock Slide would work slashe in with Toxic. And your Counters are messed up... (Gardevoir doesn't Levitate just so you know)

Jake The Zeike
07-13-2011, 06:32 AM
I'm not a big fan of using pain split on stunfisk. his hp stat is too high for it to be very beneficial

[MuSiCa]
07-13-2011, 06:44 AM
I digress, if that means disagree. He'll be using it when he's at like 150ish HP, and most sweepers have twice that amount. Can't be that bad.

Jake The Zeike
07-13-2011, 10:48 AM
true. I just prefer rest if you run a recovery move at all

[MaNiAc]
07-13-2011, 08:11 PM
Well I'm just playing around with this, but what about a Rest-Talk Status Attack set lol

Stunfisk @Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/ 128 Def/ 128 SpD or some other form of mixed defenses
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Something along those lines. A mixed wall that can Paralyze, Poison, or Burn opponents xD

:x

[MuSiCa]
07-13-2011, 11:12 PM
Actually thinking about it Pain Split is horrible. Maniac, to be honest you should focus on one status and not multiple statuses.

Spoofy
07-13-2011, 11:54 PM
My Turn. OK Stunfisk, wow, definitely made to be a wall, but i have other intentions.

Stunfisk-Choice Specs
-Earth Power
-Discharge/ Thunderbolt
-Surf/ Scald
-Sludge Bomb/ Sludge Wave
252hp 252sp att Modest Nature

Go with the slightly weaker moves if want some status going. Scald, Discharge, and Sludge Bomb all have a 30% chance of doing something.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Static Ability

[MuSiCa]
07-14-2011, 12:16 AM
Wouldn't HP Fire or Ice be favourable over a Poison type move?

[MaNiAc]
07-14-2011, 01:04 AM
HP Fire/Ice would probably be better for the type coverage

PKMNbattleSchemes
07-14-2011, 05:44 PM
overall....hes apparently pretty good :O
now that i think about it a yawn/ t-wave is pretty good
yawn gets them to switch and t-wave gets the next poke on the switch
and even if they dont switch you still get one poke paralized which is very crippling
im gonna get one of these guys for my teams :L

[MuSiCa]
07-16-2011, 12:38 AM
Right. OK, so...
- We can all agree that CurseRestTalk is Stunfisk's favourite set
- We can all agree that Pain Split is OO (Other Options) Material. Yes I'm using OO For convenience sake.
- Specs and just your basic walling set will be the two other sets. I've decided that since Stunfisk loves to Paralyse, he won't have much time to Scald.

Is everyone happy with this? If so, I can begin soon.

GDItsMeInTheFlesh
07-16-2011, 02:27 AM
^ Yes, gogogogogo.

noelpagan82
07-18-2011, 04:49 AM
Moves: Surf, Thunder bolt, Earth power, HP fire

Jake The Zeike
07-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Moves: Surf, Thunder bolt, Earth power, HP fire

Stunfisk isn't strong enough to run 4 attacks without specs and if not running a specs set, should think about some form of reliable recovery