PDA

View Full Version : Ferrothorn or Forretress?

DudeMewCanFly
07-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Well as the title says which do you like better Ferrothorn or Forretress?

DucksGoMooful
07-21-2011, 08:36 PM
Well, from my inexperienced view of competitive battling, I'll do a little review. I guess.

Ferro is Grass/Steel, and Forre is But/Steel, which gives them both 4X weakness to Fire attacks. I think a lot of people use Ferro since it has Leech Seed and Power Whip as STAB plus Entry Hazards and Rapid Spin. Forre has Explosion though. Forre also has 140 Defense and 60 Sp Defense, whereas Ferro has 131 and 116. Forre also has slightly better HP and Speed, though not much to make a difference.

[MaNiAc]
07-21-2011, 08:36 PM
Ferrothorn pretty much outclasses Forretress now, so the weird spikey ufo looking thing it is.

DudeMewCanFly
07-21-2011, 08:41 PM
Well, from my inexperienced view of competitive battling, I'll do a little review. I guess.

Ferro is Grass/Steel, and Forre is But/Steel, which gives them both 4X weakness to Fire attacks. I think a lot of people use Ferro since it has Leech Seed and Power Whip as STAB plus Entry Hazards and Rapid Spin. Forre has Explosion though. Forre also has 140 Defense and 60 Sp Defense, whereas Ferro has 131 and 116. Forre also has slightly better HP and Speed, though not much to make a difference.

Ferrothorn doesnt get rapid spin D:

Ciel
07-21-2011, 08:55 PM
I would go for Ferrothorn ^^ Better sp.def stat is a huge thing.

Mindblown94
07-21-2011, 09:38 PM
Ferrothorn, better overall defenses, better typing, nice ability. The only thing he's missing is rapid spin.

Jake The Zeike
07-21-2011, 10:41 PM
ferro all the way. like mind sed, all hes missing is rapid spin

Ciel
07-21-2011, 11:11 PM
awww nobody voted for poor Forre ;(
Btw the thing is that nobody actually knows what they are supposed to be at first glance xD
(Ferro = medieval weapon + Thorns? O_o)
(Forre = Bagworm? what is a bagworm anyways...)

DudeMewCanFly
07-22-2011, 02:32 AM
Bagworm? (http://woodypests.cas.psu.edu/Insects/Bagworm/BagwormPupae.jpg)

Ewwwwww

But personally I like forry better for some reason maybe its because half the things I make get completely destroyed by SR or maybe its cuz I like to volt switch politoads and the lot....(element of surprise maybe?)

urbanKILLER
07-26-2011, 11:45 PM
i will go for ferrathorn love his sp defense

GDItsMeInTheFlesh
07-27-2011, 01:13 AM
@Dux Explosion is nerfed.

DudeMewCanFly
07-27-2011, 01:17 AM
@Dux Explosion is nerfed.

Still does quite a bit though......

GDItsMeInTheFlesh
07-27-2011, 01:51 AM
Yes, but it's not as effective as it once was.

[MuSiCa]
07-27-2011, 09:08 AM
Why are you guys Exploding over Explosion? Both Ferro and Forre get it

PKMNbattleSchemes
07-27-2011, 11:43 AM
can i say say neither :3
i just hate how lucky ferro got, i mean i know nintendo has a lot of work on their hands but seriously what were they thinking by giving over 100 defenses to one poke. hes not even legendary so you know hes gonna be overpowered. and i usuallly never use what everyone else does (i like to be different)

fortress only has one weakness and ferro has 2
fortress for the win!

urbanKILLER
07-28-2011, 01:50 PM
ferrthorn is the best between forrethess

Hawk
07-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Ferrothorn in my opinion is just better than Forry. Better typing, better movepool, better defenses. The only thing Forretress has over Ferrothron is Rapid spin and Toxic Spikes. Which aren't really the best moves in my opinion. I usually don't carry Toxic Spikes.

Ciel
07-28-2011, 05:46 PM
What makes Ferrothorn better than Forre, other than the higher sp.def, is his defensive typing. He resists common offensive typings (which Forre is only neutral to) such as Water, Rock, Electric etc... too bad it's weak to fighting while Forre is neutral to it but IMO having more resistances is more important than having less weaknesses.

noelpagan82
08-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Ferrothorn is waaaaaay bulkier than fortress. Therefore I'd pick ferrothorn

Blue Dragon
08-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Ferrothorn is one of the best gen 5 Pokemon for sure in my opinion and can be powerfully offensive as well as defensive compared to Forretress. I personally use Ferrothorn in Pokemon White as Offense/Defense/Entry Hazards with Curse, Stealth Rock, Gyro Ball and Power Whip and it's a monster. :p

Aura Master
08-06-2011, 10:51 PM
can i say say neither :3
i just hate how lucky ferro got, i mean i know nintendo has a lot of work on their hands but seriously what were they thinking by giving over 100 defenses to one poke. hes not even legendary so you know hes gonna be overpowered. and i usuallly never use what everyone else does (i like to be different)

fortress only has one weakness and ferro has 2
fortress for the win!

There are plenty of pokes who have over 100 Def and SpDef who are not overpowered. The things that make Ferrothorn powerful are his ability Iron Barbs who punishes Physical Attackers, his bigger movepool(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed, Sub, Protect, 120 Base Power STAB not including Gyro Ball which is another powerful STAB, and status moves), higher Atk power, and having more resistances. Sure Forretress does have Rapid Spin and has higher Hp and Def, but Ferrothorn has far more SpDef which is important to his weaknesses, and Rapid Spin isn't crucial anyways. Finally, the stat differences are too little for a difference really.

In my opinion, Ferrothorn does a better job as a complete wall/tank.

dameenmachine
08-07-2011, 05:04 AM
i think wat puts ferrothorn above and beyond forretress is its spec D stat

Frogg_Lord
08-09-2011, 02:18 PM
hmmm forretress is way cooler though. I really want to dissect one to see his real eyes .....mwahaha >:D

Master Dizastuaa
08-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Ferrothorn by far. It has iron bards and is bulky.

The_Noob
08-15-2011, 02:08 AM
Ferrothorn ftw, man.

It knows no mercy as a staller.

Aura Master
08-17-2011, 01:40 AM
As of today, Ferrothorn being used against me sucks. Mew used a Sub/Seeder and it was freaking annoying......

Murray
09-20-2011, 12:30 AM
Ferrothorn i believe has the Advantage having STAB Power Whip,Many Entry Hazards,Self Destruct and Explosion and Payback and most importantly Gyro Ball for inflicting a lot of Damage Because of STAB and Ferrothorn's Horrendous Speed.

Vash
09-20-2011, 08:51 PM
Forretress is clearly outclassed by Ferrothorn. Hands down. Besides the reasons people have mentioned above, Ferrothorn also at least has a fairly reliable way of healing itself outside of Rest, which to me, is essential for any wall. Forretress does get all entry hazards, Rapin Spin, Sturdy, only one weakness and knows Earthquake to take down Hidden Power Fire Magnezone (Ferrothorn only gets Bulldoze). As a utility Pokemon and physical wall, Forretress does his job, but Ferrothorn can become a utility Pokemon, physical or special wall, a tank, status spreader, or even a sweeper if running a Curse set. Curse+Gyro Ball= BIG SOVIET DAMAGE.

DucksGoMooful
09-20-2011, 09:54 PM
Don't bump threads that are over a month old. Closed.