PDA

View Full Version : Rate this somewat new drizzle team! (OU)

PokemonHunter
07-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Hi and here is my OU drizzle team i recently made so rate it the help will be helpfull:

Politoed @ Choice Specs
Nature: Timid
Ability: Drizzle (duh)
Moveset: Ice Beam/ Scald/ Focus Blast/ Psychic
Evs: 252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp

This politoed is really just for setting up rain. If the opponent has a weather to, i will switch this guy out and using specs and the speed evs, i can outspeed t-tars pretty well. Scald instead of surf because of burn chance. Focus Blast the t-tars, Scald the ninetails, ice beam and psychic for coverage.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Torrent
Moveset: Stealth Rock/ Scald/ Ice Beam/ Hidden Power (flying)
Evs: 144 Sp.Atk/ 112 Spe/ 112 Sp.Def/ 140 Hp

Swampert is a great poke that i use to set up rocks and then continue to deal damage. HP flying because fire is weaker in rain and agianst things like virizion and breloom, hp flying will be more effective. Ice beam for coverage. Scald for burn and stab.

Thundurus @ Electric Gem
Nature: Modest
Ability: Prankster
Moveset: Hidden Power (grass)/ Thunder Wave/ Thunder/ Substitute
Evs: 252 Def/ 252 Sp.Def/ 4 Sp. Atk

This Thundurus is more of a set up thundurus than a attacking thundurus. That is why it has the 252 in sp.def and def rather than sp.Atk. With hp grass i can kill pokes like other poli's or swamperts. T wave cause prankster can make sharpedos and other fast things be crippled. Thunder for electric gem stab = pretty much 1HKO on a lot of things. Sub for switches.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Serene Grace
Moveset: Body Slam/ Zen Headbutt/ Iron Head/ Wish
Evs: 252 Spe/ 252 Atk/ 4 Hp

Jirachi is a more physical set, and this set is a para flinching set with wish for recovery for him and his teammates. Serene Grace boost the chance of the para and flinch so really great poke for the paraflinching job. Zen headbutt for fightings and others weak to psychic moves and iron head for everything else.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Levitate
Moveset: Thunder Wave/ Volt Switch/ Thunderbolt/ Hydro Pump
Evs: 252 Spe/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 4 Hp

rotom-w is practically on every rain team and is a very good aspect. With t wave for para and volt switch to cover the poke, its a pretty good matchup. It can wall a lot of things like gliscor and others. Tbolt or stab and hypro pump for stab and coverage.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Light Metal
Moveset: Iron Head/ Bullet Punch/ Pursuit/ Night Slash
Evs: 252 Spe/ 252 Atk/ 4 Hp

Scizor is my basic revenge killer. With a great speed to match its great attack, it can iron head night slash pretty much anything. Bullet punch in case of a really fast pokemon with low hp. Pursuit when i predict the switch on anything that doesnt resisted it.

So that is my rain team not really bad imo. Rate it so it can get better!

PKMNbattleSchemes
07-27-2011, 11:21 AM
good team
only thing i would change is i would give jirachi a kings rock instead of leftovers (increases flinch chance)
your team looks good
but remember you have to keep politoad alive at all costs!

[MuSiCa]
07-27-2011, 12:01 PM
King's Rock's Flinch Chance doesn't stack with the flinch chance of attacks. Overruled. :3

Anyway, I'll just do the basic crap. That I should leave to someone else, but I won't because I'm just that lazy. Whut.

Politoed
Replace Scald With Hydro Pump
Replace Psychic with Hidden Power Electric or Grass
Possibly Replace Focus Blast with Toxic. Hydro Pump outpowers Focus Blast in the rain.
Swampert
Hidden Power Flying? I think Blue Ace, was it? Who decided on HP Fire for Scizor. Fire was horrible in the first place- Earthquake 2HKOed with Stealth Rocks, or something. Flying loses the original purpose. I'd just go with what Smogon has to say. Like, here. (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3448560) I believe it was Earthquake / Ice Beam / Stealth Rock / Scald.
Thundurus
Timid please- Otherwise it loses out on alot of competition.
Grass Knot beats Hidden Power Grass- Thunder hits Politoed hard. But HP Ice is the norm- I see no reason to vary.
Thunder Wave and Substitute. As much as I love that combination, nah. Hammer Arm, since Nasty Plot isn't here. Unless you replace Substitute.
Jirachi
...Yeah. Zen Headbutt isn't exactly Jirachi's favoured Flinching move- It has 90 Accuracy and a 20% Flinch chance.
More HP = More Wish recovery. Actually, I'd once again steal from Smogon, because it really does have everything. Like, here. (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85450) Specially Defensive Jirachi is everyone's fav. Well, it should be. It eats Draco Meteors- Thus, you should have it.
Rotom-W
Like I need to say what this link goes to. D: I feel old, somehow. (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85022)
Scizor
Lol. Link #4, it's Scizor (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85616)

PKMNbattleSchemes
07-27-2011, 12:22 PM
King's Rock's Flinch Chance doesn't stack with the flinch chance of attacks. Overruled. :3

really?
well it does give body slam a flinch chance

Jwarrior72
07-28-2011, 02:58 PM
remember guys i think that kings rock is a item clause, you cant have an item attached by luck such as the quick claw, focus band, kings rock , etc.

DudeMewCanFly
07-28-2011, 08:01 PM
You really only have 1 thing that benefits from the rain a lot.....

May i suggest adding some things that benefit more?

PokemonHunter
07-29-2011, 12:54 AM
yeah i know dude. Working on that. @sig im gonna work on that

[MuSiCa]
07-29-2011, 01:25 AM
Don't- I just corrected the movesets. Team Synergy, ability to chek threats, they're still questionable. I'm going to let someone else do it, since... Meh.

G0dPower
08-02-2011, 07:15 AM
how about adding in a phaser or you could give swampert roar and take away hp flying. And for Scizor how bout giving him technician ability? light metal has reallly no advantage over it. As for its moves,you are naturally walled by steel types with those type coverages, so why not take away night slash and iron head and give it superpower and uturn. For Jirachi, zen headbutt is just... ok i guess with the stab and 40% flinch rate but i suggest replacing it with uturn or ice punch, for my rain team, my jirachi has thunder instead of body slam, but that is just for personal prefernces. For thundurus hp grass is outclassed by hp ice unless swamperts, gastrodons and quagsire really trouble you, in fact you should just give politoed hp grass instead of psychic o.o. Rotom-w in my eyes is an unnecessary poke for your team, you already have an electric type and you already have 2 water, i would replace it with something like of a grass type or something with aromatherapy/ heal bell, ferrothorn trolls your team, and with leech seed it can outstall all your pokes besides thundurus who cant do anything back to it. focus blast from politoed is always a 2hko if it HITS and with leech seed its just gonna make your life worse. i wold suggest replacing rotom with a breloom or a virizion, because you already have thundurus for thunder-waving and shooting off electric attacks and you also lack physical attakers. If you do decide to keep rotom, i would change the nature from hasty to timid/modest because the defense drops really arent gonna help you in any way. hope i helped :)

Aura Master
08-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Oh man.....one problem I have had to deal with from rain teams (Ciel), is Toxicroak. SubPuncher and then Dry Skin and Leftovers, still gives me nightmares. So think about Toxicroak, and everyone is right, some pokes on the team make no sense really, try pokes that benefit from rain or counter other weather teams.

PokemonHunter
08-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Yeah i know wat to fix and will be fixxed soon. Thanks everyone for the comments about the team guys.

Aura Master
08-08-2011, 09:12 PM
mine would domonate urs

This children, is considered spam. It does not help anybody or anything and is useless. Please don't call out another persons team and instead try to help them. Otherwise, refrain from posting.....