View Full Version : Pokemon of the Week - 12

[MaNiAc]
07-26-2011, 10:09 PM
Gallade
Blade Pokémon

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/websurfer1192/475Gallade.png
Psychic / Fighting - Steadfast / Justified [DW]
68 HP / 125 Atk / 65 Def / 65 SAtk / 118 SDef / 80 Spe

When trying to protect someone, it extends its elbows as if they were swords and fights savagely.

[MuSiCa]
07-26-2011, 11:10 PM
:evil:

Gallade @ Leftovers
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
Focus Punch
Thunder Wave
Wish
Substitute

The legendary Focus Puncher, nicknamed the F@#$ Puncher. It abuses Hax, it supports teammates, and is not utterly outclassed. Focus Punch demolishes. Thunder Wave Paralyses and annoys. Wish heals. Substitute protects from status, and helps ease prediction. I need to move around the EVs later... I think.

Oh.
Choice Items
Teammates
Sweeper sets
Counters and Checks- Remember, Counters can switch in safely; Checks need to come in after someone is sacrificed.

Ciel
07-27-2011, 12:37 AM
my favourite set for him would be:

Gallade@ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
EVs:240HP/40Atk/216spD/12spe
moveset:
Drain punch
Bulk up
Ice punch
Shadow sneak

Due to its bulkiness in the special side, after few bulk ups it will be very hard to take this dude down without status or crit.
Drain punch is a must-have move for a bulk up set as it functions as both offence and a way of recovery.
Ice punch to take out Flying types, mainly Gliscor, which can wall this set.
Shadow sneak for priority (the only prioriy Gallade gets)

We could slash Stone Edge with Ice punch for Gyarados who can take Drain punches like a boss.

The EV spread is kinda crazy :P
basically the investments in HP and spD are for the bulkiness it requires in order to safely set up. The 40 in attack allows to 2HKO Gengar with Shadow sneak after taking a super effective Shadow ball thanks to its sp.def EVs (and its initial bulk).

The major counter to this set would be Jellicent who has enough bulk to survive a shadow sneak and mess Gallade up with Will-O-Wisp.

Also since this guy's defence is pitiful, without bulk up he will be taken out easily by any strong physical moves.

Oh yes I have used the word 'bulk' quite a lot :P since it's a bulk up set xD

[MaNiAc]
07-27-2011, 03:21 AM
^ I love the Bulk Up Gallade set Ciel posted up! I've used it several times and had great success with it! It's just getting to be a little too common now, from what I've seen x.x

I've never really thought of a SubPunching support set before. Looks really interesting! I gotta try it out!

[MuSiCa]
07-27-2011, 04:02 AM
I love my SubPuncher. You may want to mess around with the EVs though :P

:omgcu::ichigo:

PKMNbattleSchemes
07-27-2011, 11:32 AM
oh how much i love gallade
being the one of two (technically 3) psychic/fighting types which is a great combo leaving bug and flying and ghost as your only weaknessess
plus they both get good type coverage, well fighting does at least,
this guy can find his way into any team.

i personally love the bulk up sets but there are a few other options
such as a lead or a sweeper...
but im not good at making sets for galade :L

Ciel
07-27-2011, 11:34 AM
oh how much i love gallade
being the one of two (technically 3) psychic/fighting types which is a great combo leaving bug and flying and ghost as your only weaknessess
plus they both get good type coverage, well fighting does at least,
this guy can find his way into any team.

i personally love the bulk up sets but there are a few other options
such as a lead or a sweeper...
but im not good at making sets for galade :L

Gallade is neutral to Bug since Fighting resists Bug :)

Mindblown94
07-27-2011, 07:34 PM
I love my SubPuncher. You may want to mess around with the EVs though :P

:omgcu::ichigo:

I remember when I was screwing around with some random team and that thing pretty much swept me on it's own. Stupid t-wave.

Anyway here's my favorite set

Gallade @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Evs: 252 atk, 252 spe

- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Ice Punch/Stone Edge/Leaf Blade
- Shadow Sneak

Description: Ok so this guy does what any choice banded poke does. CC is his main to go move because with CB it hurts. Psycho Cut is for STAB. Ice punch is for those pesky dragons and gliscor, stone edge is for the bugs that are dominant in RU, and Leaf Blade is for bulky waters like Quagsire/Slowbro. Shadow sneak is for a strong priority.

I'm wondering if I should put the speed EVs into Hp/def though for some bulk.

PKMNbattleSchemes
07-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Gallade is neutral to Bug since Fighting resists Bug :)

even better :L
i always mess up on that

[MuSiCa]
07-27-2011, 10:54 PM
Haha Mind xD
I love that set. It's always so unexpected. The main problem is dem Ghosts. You just can't punch a hole in them; Or leave a Paralysing mark when they're behind their fancy Substitutes.

[MaNiAc]
07-27-2011, 11:23 PM
Yeeee! I'm learning some pretty cool options for one of my favorite Pokes here :3!

Yea I agree that ghosts could be a problem for Gallade since they're immune to his fighting STAB. Night Slash is always an option, but it isn't STAB and Shadow Sneak provides that needed priority.

[MuSiCa]
07-28-2011, 01:02 AM
No, I meant for my Mono-Attacker. Gallade deals with Ghosts lacking Will-o-Wisp nicely, since most can't OHKO him While Swords Dance Boosted Shadow Sneak OHKOs... Gengar, maybe Mismagius, but not Golurk. IDK. Speaking of Will-o-Wisp, does Gallade get it? I can't remember :/

[MaNiAc]
07-28-2011, 01:34 AM
That's right! Gallade does get Will-o-wisp :D!

Go make a set for it >:0!

DudeMewCanFly
07-28-2011, 05:36 AM
It also gets magic coat, pain split, dual screens etc. Walling set anyone?

[MuSiCa]
07-28-2011, 06:10 AM
Nah. Dual Screens is better done by alot of stuff. Magic Coat + Dual Screens is so outclassed by Espeon and Xatu it doesn't matter. Pain Split is... IDK. No Lead sets- Apparently dedicated leads don't work in 5th Gen x.x

@Maniac, SubPuncher with more SDef and Thunder Wave replaced.

Ciel
07-28-2011, 08:36 AM
I once saw Gallade being used as a Memento lead :P It kind of did work xD

[MuSiCa]
07-28-2011, 08:39 AM
I know, I was thinking of that before- Except it kinda suffered from the four moveset thing. Memento / Taunt / Magic Coat / Random Move. Actually, It might just work...

Memento
Taunt / Magic Coat
Close Combat
Shadow Sneak