PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Video Game (series)

Jade
04-26-2011, 06:06 PM
I am curious and I would like to know people's favorite video game or video game series (Besides Pokemon). Post your feedback here with the name of the video game or video game series with three reasons why it is your favorite.

Mine would be a tie with Phoenix Wright, Fire Emblem, and the Megami Tensei series. If I were to choose one I think it would be Fire Emblem. Fire Emblem has been somewhat in my childhood, so I guess that gives it some extra points over the others. What interested me the most about the game was the plot that each game had. It was so deep and engaging. The characters seemed to pop out to me and I liked the fact that if one of your units die, they really actually died. (Even if it got really annoying when I had to shut the game off because someone died on me.)

~Jade

PokemonGod
04-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Personally, I think that the Mario, Zelda and Metroid series' are really good. I grew up with SMB on the NES, so, yeah. The Mario series is great, and I can't wait to see the new Mario Game on the 3DS!

RandomNoobX
04-27-2011, 11:03 AM
I suppose I could say Kingdom Hearts. Just can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 3!

flame scott
04-28-2011, 01:51 AM
kingdom hearts
pokemon
dragon ball z
and.... a couple others

ARidiculousName
04-29-2011, 12:48 AM
While I do adore most Nitendo games, especially the well-known ones like Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Pokémon, etc., my favourite series is a tie between Fire Emblem and Pikmin. I first played Pikmin about two years ago. It's not that long ago, but before that I was a Pokémon-obsessed freak with a period of being obsessed with Age of Empires 3 in there somewhere. A

nyway, my brother got New Play Control! Pikmin 2 at GAME when he was getting a new game. When I first played that, I could not put it down. The concept of Pikmin is incredible. It seems so simple, but it can create so much. Even fighting the same creatures over and over creates new experiences. Of course, there are a lot of different creatures too. It also requires strategy and planning if you want to do it efficiently. That brings me to the next point: Pikmin and Pikmin 2 have brilliant replay value. You can attempt to do it in as few days as possible, do it deathless, restrict yourself in some way, grow as many as possible or just play through casually. No matter what way you choose, it's incredibly fun.

That brings me to my other nomination: Fire Emblem. As the original poster said, Fire Emblem is incredible. I got Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn for Christmas a few years back. After having played Melee, I thought it would be interesting. I didn't play it at first. When I first played it, I didn't find it very interesting. However, many months later I was bored and thinking about how much one of my friend's loves the games (if you know me, you know who that is), I decided to give it a go. That was simultaneously a brilliant and awful idea. I became absolutely addicted to Radiant Dawn. After finally completing it, I started another playthrough and ordered Path of Radiance off eBay. While those games have ket me very occupied, I want to purchase another game. Fire emblem has great gameplay, combining my two favourite genres, Strategy and RPG, a fantastic storyline in each installment (although RD's plot could have been vastly better, it is still amazing) and lovable characters.

I do love Strategy games, obviously. Putting thought into how you will do things is something I enjoy. Charging forward and making a foolish mistake isn't my kind of thing. Also, I must give an honourable mention to Minecraft. :D

Daughter of Mew
06-08-2011, 10:43 PM
Probably Assassin's Creed. I've enjoyed all of the AC games thus far, to the extent of completing 2 and Brotherhood to at least 95% each. The storylines are always great and I love the little bits of humour in there. xD

PixAlchemist
06-08-2011, 11:00 PM
Mother, Mass Effect, Pokemon, and the Persona series are my favorites. Played all of the games from each series on this list except for Persona. I haven't played Persona 1 & 2. But I have the Persona 1 remake on PSP, and Persona 2 is coming to the PSP soon! :D