PDA

View Full Version : Forum Suggestions

Tidus
07-31-2011, 07:41 AM
Have any suggestions on a new forum-category, forum or even a sub-forum? Drop a post in this thread and when an Administrator will see your suggestion, they will take it into consideration or, unfortunately, reply that it is not needed. However, if you're suggestion/idea doesn't get through, don't give up! We are always looking for new ways to improve these forums and you may never know; one day your suggestion might just get through!

When making a suggestion, please take the time to re-read your post (preview post function) in case of typo's, and provide all the information you can about the suggestion (just makes it more interesting to read which ultimately raises its chance in being considered). Please do not provide any examples that have you linking to another Pokemon forum or Fansite. This falls under the category of "advertising".

Suggestions that should not be posted in this thread, but should have their own thread created for a much legit discussion:

- Forum Features (Blogs, Arcade etc..)
- Site content (You should PM me or Kyohack about this)

More will be added to the list in the near future.

In the event to prevent duplicate suggestions, whether they have been declined, accepted or have been taken into consideration. I will list all the forum suggestions below so members in the future may see the list of already suggested forums and find out if they have been accepted or not. Be aware that the administration reserves the right to decline a suggestion without reasoning if they find it fit, nor shall a member argue with the decision of an administrator.

Blue = Taken into consideration
Green = Accepted
Red = Declined

Already Suggested:

Shippers Community
Clubs - Use this (http://pokecheats.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?123-Pok%E9Station-Clans) forum instead.
Debate Forum - Go to Debate Forum (http://pokecheats.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?196-Debate-Forum)
Minimum Time Between Posts has been reduced to 25 seconds.
The default forum skin has been changed to the Riolu! Blue & Silver style.
Books section and Warstory sub-section - If we have enough people suggesting it, it will be added.

-Tidus

Flame Mistress
08-22-2011, 07:13 PM
I have the first few suggestions to make in this thread.

Firstly, how about a Shippers Community? It might make some good discussions, and also you can meet new friends who have similar interests as you!

Secondly, a Clubs section, where people who have the same interests (other than shipping) may meet in groups dedicated to a subject, for example a Dawn/Hikari Fan Club, an Eeveelution Lovers Club, and a Christian/Muslim/Atheist Club. Just not anything dedicated to one Pokémon only, or to any minor characters.

Thirdly, I'm not sure if this is necessary, but a Debate Forum might be good for some more serious Miscellaneous threads, where keen members can argue about their opinions and have a good, serious debate. Like debating on whether a new law should be enforced or whether the Government should actually do something about the homeless.

If any of these forums exist already, I apologise, since I haven't been on here like forever... And if these forums are made in the end I'm the experienced former mod you're looking for! XD

PSN_Spitfire
08-22-2011, 09:05 PM

Firstly, how about a Shippers Community? It might make some good discussions, and also you can meet new friends who have similar interests as you!

Secondly, a Clubs section, where people who have the same interests (other than shipping) may meet in groups dedicated to a subject, for example a Dawn/Hikari Fan Club, an Eeveelution Lovers Club, and a Christian/Muslim/Atheist Club. Just not anything dedicated to one Pokémon only, or to any minor characters.

Thirdly, I'm not sure if this is necessary, but a Debate Forum might be good for some more serious Miscellaneous threads, where keen members can argue about their opinions and have a good, serious debate. Like debating on whether a new law should be enforced or whether the Government should actually do something about the homeless.

If any of these forums exist already, I apologise, since I haven't been on here like forever... And if these forums are made in the end I'm the experienced former mod you're looking for! XD

PSN had a debate forum before, it was decent but I wouldn't say it got too popular. Going to back to clubs and clans just make a social group for that. Lastly I am sure we have tons of people with moderator experience on the forums (I myself am a former Super Moderator of PokeStation) and the staff is already too big for a forum of this size. I also doubt if you talk about getting moderator that you'll get it, not only does it make you sound like you want it bad, but after reading your description title and summary on your forum page, you sound like you don't really care about the site or members and much more prefer the power that comes with the job, that is my personal analysis of the summary you left me to ponder. Also notice how on most forums asking to be moderator or hinting around that you want it usually results in you not getting it. A good member would get the job from hard work and general help to the forum in other ways, while at the same time staying out of trouble themselves.

Flame Mistress
08-23-2011, 06:44 AM
...I don't think you understand the difference between a joke and reality.

So, what about the Shippers Community?

[MuSiCa]
08-23-2011, 06:57 AM
Well, I'm sure he understands the difference.

I agree with this, if the number of shippers in the forum is sufficient.

I think that the groups system is rather similar. (http://pokecheats.net/forum/group.php)

If I'm not mistaken, this has been brought up a few times in the old Suggestion thread. Good idea. Dump Dex's rant there while you're at it.

If any of these forums exist already, I apologise, since I haven't been on here like forever...

Anyway, is it just me or did the RMT section disappear?

Dex
08-23-2011, 06:59 AM
Its a sub forum under Competitive battling.

Smugleaf
08-23-2011, 07:00 AM
;61498']Anyway, is it just me or did the RMT section disappear?

It's right here. (http://pokecheats.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?112-Rate-My-Team)

[MuSiCa]
08-23-2011, 07:03 AM
Oh sorry, my bad
Didn't notice it was moved under Competitve Discussions.

Dex
08-23-2011, 07:07 AM
About the Shippers community, I really don't think we need it but if more members request it then I guess we would add it.

PSN_Spitfire
08-23-2011, 12:29 PM
...I don't think you understand the difference between a joke and reality.

So, what about the Shippers Community?

Obviously several other people I know don't either. And I'd say that most of the people in the chat would agree I probably joke around the most. Going on ahead, I sited reasons of why you have shown through your own actions why you would not be a suitable person for any position on the staff.

Flame Mistress
08-23-2011, 02:55 PM
^ Sooo... What's your point?

PSN_Spitfire
08-23-2011, 03:00 PM
^ Sooo... What's your point?

If you can't see my point with the two sizable posts, that stated what my point was then I guess we're done here :)

DucksGoMooful
08-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Both of you stop. This isn't the place for that.

Mindblown94
08-23-2011, 10:20 PM
I'm not sure if this is necessary, but a Debate Forum might be good for some more serious Miscellaneous threads, where keen members can argue about their opinions and have a good, serious debate. Like debating on whether a new law should be enforced or whether the Government should actually do something about the homeless.

Alright I'm very sorry if I offend anyone with this post, but I don't feel the need in sugarcoating things.

Although this is a very good idea, trust me it won't work as well as planned. On another forum I visit they have the same thing. So what's in it you ask? A ton of flaming and insulting. Seriously, it's only going to bring trolls to the forum.

Besides we've had debates in the shoutbox back on PC before, I don't know how many times I've been debating with someone in there and someone will either get angry and start insulting or someone that just joined chat will tell us to stop "fighting". Quotations, because there is a difference between fighting and an altercation.

It seriously bugs me how people who have no idea what is going on try to act like peacemakers. If insults start getting handed out THEN I would start playing peacemaker.

TLDR: People get offended when someone doesn't agree with them and they'll start insulting each other.

Tidus
08-24-2011, 06:37 AM
Debate Forum has been added. However, your threads need to be approved by me whenever you post one in that forum. Thread prefixes are also implemented into that forum so use those to keep the forum organized.

Thanks and have fun debating

DudeMewCanFly
08-28-2011, 09:50 PM
I would like to see a sub-forum (or whatever its called) about books in here (http://pokecheats.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?75-Entertainment-Center).

ALSO its really hard to see who is who on this (http://pokecheats.net/forum/misc.php?do=topposters) list on the scrafty theme at least. Could we change it?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place btw im still getting used to all the new stuff we have :P

[MuSiCa]
09-02-2011, 03:16 PM
While creating it now is obsolete due to lack of interest, a Warstory sub-section is something for you to think about.

Samatar
09-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Please change the default theme for guests etc. to something easier on the eyes and preferably not dark.

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Excuse the double post, but this one caught me straight after making my first suggestion.

Please cut down the anti-flood delay between posts from 50 seconds to a more reasonable number such as 20. It is atrocious and anti-productive to wait roughly a minute in between posts. This hinders my preferred way of browsing forums by opening multiple threads and posting replies in quick succession. No human being should wait that long to tell a community that it's listening to a song.

DucksGoMooful
09-04-2011, 12:16 AM
Just a problem with the chatbox, almost everytime I go to a different page in the forum, it asks me if I want to "keep running scripts on this page?". I don't know if there's a solution for this, or if I'm the only one?

Tidus
09-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Stuff that has been taken care of:
Minimum Time Between Posts has been reduced to 25 seconds. It was raised to 50 seconds during the forum optimization process we were going through during the server crashes. Now, 25 seconds should be efficient.

The default forum skin has been changed to the Riolu! Blue & Silver style.

The chat has been removed temporarily until further notice.

Things that are being taken into consideration:

Books section and Warstory sub-section - If we have enough people suggesting it, it will be added.

---

On a side note: Please check the first post to see which suggestion has been added, declined or taken into consideration before posting in this thread. Thanks.

PSN_xBlackthornWolfx
09-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Things that are being taken into consideration:

---

On a side note: Please check the first post to see which suggestion has been added, declined or taken into consideration before posting in this thread. Thanks.

I'd be all for a book section, I love to read and have discussions about them :3

PixAlchemist
09-05-2011, 09:31 PM
I think "hot threads" should be changed from having 10 posts to having 30-40 posts. Too many threads are considered hot threads when they really shouldn't.

DudeMewCanFly
09-06-2011, 10:17 AM
With the addition of the Event DB section on the top bar its getting kinda......crowded... And its hard to click on the What's New option (at least for me) so I think removing it might be a good idea seeing as the New Posts option on the secondary bar already does the same thing.

DucksGoMooful
09-06-2011, 08:43 PM
I'd like to just mention that half of the buttons on the nav bar disappear when you click What's New.

Tidus
09-06-2011, 10:30 PM
With the addition of the Event DB section on the top bar its getting kinda......crowded... And its hard to click on the What's New option (at least for me) so I think removing it might be a good idea seeing as the New Posts option on the secondary bar already does the same thing.

How is it "hard" to click on the What's New option? It only seems like your extremely lazy just to move your mouse an inch to right. Not that hard.

I'd like to just mention that half of the buttons on the nav bar disappear when you click What's New.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll get it fixed soon.

DudeMewCanFly
09-06-2011, 11:53 PM
How is it "hard" to click on the What's New option? It only seems like your extremely lazy just to move your mouse an inch to right. Not that hard.

Well I don't actually use a mouse since I use my phone to get online 90% of the time but whenever i click it it decides it wants to go to the market instead and I know its not just because of my touchscreen but w/e it's probly just the way the website is formatted on my phone.....

(P.s. I am not lazy D:)

Tidus
09-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Yes, however, also note that most of the community uses the "What's New" link instead of the "New Posts" link in the sub-menu because they access the forums from their computers. If you feel more comfortable using the link in the sub-menu then you're free to use it, we're not going to remove it because one user has trouble clicking on it. If you can click on the "New Posts" link fine, then I recommend using that instead.

Also speaking of mobile phones, we're planning on setting up a mobile forum theme for people who want to access the forums from their smart phones etc.

Tidus
09-14-2011, 04:44 AM
I'm going to bump this thread in order to receive your thoughts on whether or not we should have a Books section. Thanks.

Totoquil
09-14-2011, 12:24 PM
I like books. Sounds like a good idea.

Flame Mistress
09-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Yeah, books seem nice.

Also, how about a sub-section about "Epic Fails"? You know, the roll threads which have seriously failed. This section would be an interesting read. But I do suggest that you close and sticky all the threads up there.

noob
09-16-2011, 06:05 AM
It would be pretty cool to bring back the "retro" skins.
e.g. Pokécenter Blue

Dinofossil5
09-17-2011, 09:17 PM
I think it would be cool to be able to link Steam profiles.

.sECRET
09-23-2011, 02:53 AM
I think an rmt archive would be nice to show new competitive battlers good teams.

Tidus
09-23-2011, 07:54 AM
Added a books section: The Library (http://pokecheats.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?197-The-Library)

Brought back the old PokeStation Blue theme, it's now called PokeStation Blue v2. Enjoy!

---

I'll work on adding an option to link Steam profiles in the near future and as well as considering on adding an RMT archive ONLY if the demand is high.

That's it for now..

Dinofossil5
09-23-2011, 07:25 PM
RMT sound awesome!

demon sky shaymin
09-24-2011, 07:25 PM
i kinda think there should be a theme for like lengendary pokemon

Samatar
09-25-2011, 12:35 AM
Most of these suggestions are themes, so why isn't there a skin suggestion thread? :P

Trollington
09-26-2011, 10:36 PM
A media menagerie, just like the one Bulbagarden has.

Dinofossil5
10-18-2011, 12:57 AM
I love being able to have a group, which will be reopened at the earliest time that mod's see fit, and I want to reward some people for outstanding loyalty. I propose that group leader made badges are enabled, making it so that a leader can award them to certain people for whatever reason. It just seems like a good way to thank people that aren't ready to be promoted.
~Dinofossil5, leader of Frozen Power