PDA

View Full Version : Can't Use Pokesav

Hihidaramma
08-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Hey guys, I can open pokesav on my computer (it's a mac) but whenever I open it all the text is...well there isn't any text, it's all just little boxes. I have wine and X11 so I don't know what the problem is.
I've also tried pokegen but it always says "you must load a save file before you can save one" and that drives me crazy since all I want to do is load the pokemon from pokesav/gen to my desmume game, so it can be transferred to an Acekard. Basically, I want to know the easiest way to get the pokemon i've created to my desmume...thanks guys!

Kyohack
08-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Pokegen and Pokesav can't create save files. They can only edit existing save files. Look in the Battery folder, and you will see a .dsv file. That is your game's save file. Just load the .dsv file in Pokesav or Pokegen, perform the desired changes, and then save your changes. Load your rom again in desmume, and you will see the changes that you made.

I noticed you mentioned your Acekard. If an actual DS is involved, then I recommend using my Online Pokesav (http://pokecheats.net/db/online-pokesav/) to send Pokemon to the GTS in your game.

I am programming an Online save editor. If you don't mind waiting a week or two, then I would suggest using that. It will be superior to PokeGen and Pokesav, because since it runs directly from your web browser, and you don't have any glitches like Wine. This makes it cross compatible on any device or OS that can access the internet.