PDA

View Full Version : #478, Frosslass (Analysis)

PokemonGod
09-07-2011, 08:36 AM
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/478.gif
Hello, and welcome to Frosslass' Analysis Page! Remember, Froslass' Tier is UU. Credit goes to Where for suggesting this. :D

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/478.gif
Non-Destiny Bond Set/Pure Force:
Nature:
Modest
EVs:
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
Ability:
Cursed Body
Item:
Life Orb
Moveset:
HP Water (I'll explain this)
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball

Well, first up, Hidden Power Water is there to cover all of Frosslass' weaknesses barring Dark and Steel. Steel attacks aren't as common as others (Only decent ones are Iron Head, Bullet Punch, etc.) which leaves Dark as the only threat. Dark is kinda nerfed by Cursed Body, and Pokemon such as Honchcrow, like to get hit by Thunderbolts. Ice Beam and Shadow ball are there for brutal STAB attacks, and coverage.

Discuss Frosslass below.

PokemonHunter
09-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Now the set that u are using is good, but it really doesnt need hp water. hp fighting would be a much better choice, considering that it can it darks and steels pretty hard. besides that, pretty good set. As for me, this is wat my frosslass set would look like:

Frosslass
Nature: Timid
Item: leftovers
Ability: Snow Cloak
Evs: 232 hp/ 100 def/ 176 speed
Moveset: Ice beam, taunt, pain split, spikes

This set is a basic frosslass set in imo and can set up hazards, recover health, prevent hazards or others from happening, and causing some ok damage with ice beam.
Oh, btw, frosslass is bl for some reason i believe.

.sECRET
09-08-2011, 12:52 AM
You failed to mention some of the most important aspects of Froslass including spikes, destiny bond, and taunt.
Timid is also a better nature.

Please take the time to see why this is subpar and why stuff like this (http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/froslass) is acceptable. Thank you.

PokemonGod
09-09-2011, 04:36 PM
You failed to mention some of the most important aspects of Froslass including spikes, destiny bond, and taunt.
Timid is also a better nature.

Please take the time to see why this is subpar and why stuff like this (http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/froslass) is acceptable. Thank you.

Where suggested that I should do a set without Destiny Bond, showing off a different analogy of Frosslass' power. Hence the title of the Pokemon.

Read THIS (http://pokecheats.net/forum/showthread.php?5000-Poll-Thread-for-which-Pokemon-to-review!&p=63845#post63845) thread before you post.

Also, this is thinking-outside-the-box ideas, not rolling with the common and most used idea. I also believe that you are calling my work unacceptable, and that opinion, you should keep to yourself, or PM it to me, if you must.

.sECRET
09-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Well the fact that youre using hp water is really silly. Not to mention you only have ONE set. If youre going to do an analysis, put in some effort.

PokemonGod
09-10-2011, 02:04 PM
Well the fact that youre using hp water is really silly. Not to mention you only have ONE set. If youre going to do an analysis, put in some effort.

I have a life too. I explained Hidden Power Water in the analysis, and remember, nobody's perfect. :)

PKMNbattleSchemes
09-10-2011, 05:47 PM
i guess i love froslass enough to put some helpful tips when using one
froslass is insanely fragile and is usually not much more then a suicide lead
but froslass can sweep if given enough support

it can be a game winner in a hail team.
powerful stab blizzard,
immunity to one of the most common types (fighting)
add snow cloak on top of that and you can get 2HKOs and maybe even OHKOs without taking any damage
add a sub and leftovers and you can freeze teams in there steps (no pun intended)
then when you feel as if your about to die you can put up a destiny bond and take your opponent with you

blisseys completly ruin froslass so HP fighting is recommended
or you can be stubborn and try to freeze the blissey
but blissey will be your main counter

froslass is a pretty cool poke (once again no pun intended :L )
but outside of hail teams is pretty much dead weight as many pokes outclass it (sadly)
but if your going for a hail team then by all means use froslass
it has a pretty powerful blizzard and a nice STAB shadow ball and on top of that is immune to the most powerful ice type counter (fighting types)
its like this poke was made for hail teams

[MuSiCa]
09-11-2011, 11:03 AM
blisseys completly ruin froslass so HP fighting is recommended

2 things

1) Blizzard > Super Effective HP Fighting
2) Modest Max SAtk Choice Specs Froslass Blizzard VS Standard Blissey = 25.35% - 29.83%

PKMNbattleSchemes
09-11-2011, 12:23 PM
;64015']
2 things

1) Blizzard > Super Effective HP Fighting
2) Modest Max SAtk Choice Specs Froslass Blizzard VS Standard Blissey = 25.35% - 29.83%

you're right i totally forgot about the 120 base power plus stab and then the fact that it might be in a hailstorm (does that increase the damage done?)

.sECRET
09-11-2011, 01:18 PM
you're right i totally forgot about the 120 base power plus stab and then the fact that it might be in a hailstorm (does that increase the damage done?)
No, but even a STAB Ice beam outdamges it.
142.5>140

Shadowdweller
09-11-2011, 02:46 PM
My Frosslass is purely for providing status ailments and stalling.

Frosslass@Focus Sash
Nature: Timid
Evs: 252 Speed, 126 Defense, 126 Sp. Defense, 4 HP
Ability: Snow Cloak
Moves: Hail, Toxic, Pain Split, Confuse Ray