PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon of the Week - 18

DucksGoMooful
09-14-2011, 08:52 PM
Let's take it back to the 1st Gen with...

Dragonite
Dragon Pokemon
http://spriteresource.technicianpokemon.com/fanart/arkeis/dragonite.png
Dragon/Flying - Inner Focus/Multiscale [DW]
91 HP / 134 Atk / 95 Def / 100 SAtk / 100 SDef / 80 Spe

It is said to make its home somewhere in the sea. It guides crews of shipwrecks to shore.

Also, sorry about the late post.

I'm also adding something new this week. If you would like to request a specific Pokemon, use the poll for the general "genre" of Pokemon, then include what specifically you would like for next week in your post.

Where
09-17-2011, 05:07 AM
Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def/ 4 Att
Nature: Impish(+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch/Extreme Speed/Fly/Dive/WaterFall

Quite Simple, DD, then Roost off damage. Dragon Claw for Stab and Fire Punch for Ferrothorns and Jiraches. Fire Punch is bolded because its kinda the best choice. The rest are nice. Evs in deff because most of(Rock, Dragon) weaknesses are Physical.

PKMNbattleSchemes
09-17-2011, 10:25 PM
OMG MULTISCALE MULTISCALE MULTISCALE MULTISCALE MULTISCALE MULTISCALE MULTISCALE MULTISCALE MULTISCALE MULTISCALE MULTISCALE MULTISCALE MULTISCALE MULTISCALE...ok enough spam

i love this guy. i always have and always will.
he has gone from UU to the higher tiers of the higher tiers of OU.
all because of multiscale
multiscale can win games when played correctly

so heres a set
MULTISCALE MULTISCALE MULTISCALE MULTISCALE!!!
Ability: MULTISCALE (sorry i had to)
Items: Lum berry/ Leftovers/ Red card
EVS: 252 ATK and 252 SP 4 HP is your basic set but you can dump some into HP if you want to
Moves:
Dragon Dance
Dragon claw/Outrage
Earthquake
roost/fire punch
Description: Mulitscale basically gives you a free DD which you really will only need one
Outrage is insane but you dont want to get locked into it add confusion and yeah
dragon claw is still pretty powerful and gives you a little more control
earthquake is coverage
roost can get multiscale back but fire punch helps hit steels even harder

.sECRET
09-18-2011, 12:15 AM
OMG MULTISCALE MULTISCALE MULTISCALE MULTISCALE MULTISCALE MULTISCALE MULTISCALE MULTISCALE MULTISCALE MULTISCALE MULTISCALE MULTISCALE MULTISCALE MULTISCALE...ok enough spam

i love this guy. i always have and always will.
he has gone from UU to the higher tiers of the higher tiers of OU.
all because of multiscale
multiscale can win games when played correctly

so heres a set
MULTISCALE MULTISCALE MULTISCALE MULTISCALE!!!
Ability: MULTISCALE (sorry i had to)
Items: Lum berry/ Leftovers/ Red card
EVS: 252 ATK and 252 SP 4 HP is your basic set but you can dump some into HP if you want to
Moves:
Dragon Dance
Dragon claw/Outrage
Earthquake
roost/fire punch
Description: Mulitscale basically gives you a free DD which you really will only need one
Outrage is insane but you dont want to get locked into it add confusion and yeah
dragon claw is still pretty powerful and gives you a little more control
earthquake is coverage
roost can get multiscale back but fire punch helps hit steels even harder

Outclassed by Mence.

Use bulky DD, not offensive DD.

PKMNbattleSchemes
09-18-2011, 01:11 AM
I swear that you are out to get me...

last gen mence had the advantage due to its somewhat larger atk and speed
and had similar defenses to that of drag
but this gen drag got multiscale which compensates for that...
yes mence will continue to outclass in terms of pure damage but overall dragonite has become a smarter choice due to multiscale which gives you a free DD and that gives you a higher atk and speed at similar HP stats to salamence then you could go from another DD... and now to get to the actual point. yeah a bulky DD will increase survivability but will sacrifice some OHKOs into 2HKOs which can lead to defeat :I plus dragonite has some own natural bulk

.sECRET
09-18-2011, 02:47 PM
I swear that you are out to get me...

last gen mence had the advantage due to its somewhat larger atk and speed
and had similar defenses to that of drag
but this gen drag got multiscale which compensates for that...
yes mence will continue to outclass in terms of pure damage but overall dragonite has become a smarter choice due to multiscale which gives you a free DD and that gives you a higher atk and speed at similar HP stats to salamence then you could go from another DD... and now to get to the actual point. yeah a bulky DD will increase survivability but will sacrifice some OHKOs into 2HKOs which can lead to defeat :I plus dragonite has some own natural bulk

The reason to use Bulky DD is because Dragonite lacks the speed and raw power Salamence has.

Bulky DD makes use of your massive bulk (factoring in multi scale) to set up more than 1 DD. Offensive variants usually only get 1 DD, but the point of Bulky DD is to get more than 1 Dragon Dance up.