PDA

View Full Version : Books are dead.

The_Noob
09-23-2011, 09:25 PM
Discuss this truth.

Murray
09-23-2011, 09:38 PM
I think so to. Don't get me wrong some people who follow a book series read all of them or studying for tests,quizzes, homework and and any other school work requires some books.I agree books are dead.

Samatar
09-24-2011, 03:26 PM
Just because the youth aren't reading literature, they're not reading elsewhere. Games like Phoenix Wright contain enough words for a decent 400 page novel.

DucksGoMooful
09-24-2011, 03:31 PM
I have to disagree. I actually do a lot of reading. And like Xplicitable said, even if it's not a book, they're still reading. But there are lots of people who still read, even if it's not the younger ages.

Dex
09-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Yeah there are kids who aren't getting drunk/high every night and do actually spend some time reading. I hate reading books but do enough reading through out the day (articles, forums, sports page) so its okay :P My cousin for example reads a book every two weeks, she is in her 2nd year of high school and reads for fun, no shes not a nerd xD

Dinofossil5
09-24-2011, 07:32 PM
I love books. I think that they're still alive, though for some that's unfortunate *AHEMTWILIGHTAHEM* for the most part there are good books out there.

PSN_xBlackthornWolfx
09-24-2011, 08:38 PM
No, I don't think they are completely. The only way they would be is if everyone stopped reading, which they haven't. I myself love reading, and go through a LOT of books. To be honest, I think I do more reading books then playing video games. I really don't understand why people don't like to read lol. But like even one else said, reading just coming in different forms now to.

DucksGoMooful
09-25-2011, 01:56 AM
I love books. I think that they're still alive, though for some that's unfortunate *AHEMTWILIGHTAHEM* for the most part there are good books out there.

Okay, but really though, there was nothing wrong with Twilight. I personally enjoyed it, even though I'm not the target audience. Just the movies and the hype and everything got it out of hand. But the books are fantastic.

Overlord-Brian
10-03-2011, 02:37 AM
no theyre really not...
Both to the topic of the thread... and to Ducksgomoo's thoughts on Twilight

I read alot, Usually online articles, or good fanfics, and sci fi, and fantasy book series...

Ducky
10-03-2011, 05:04 AM
Yeah, books are definitely not dead. There are tons of books out there that are definitely worth reading. Personally, I would choose reading books over reading the same thing on the internet.

Samatar
10-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Recently I've also taken a liking to downloading my books in audio form or PDF. It makes a much more enjoyable read to have them even more accessible. My school also encourages reading of newspaper topics on a regular basis to stimulate the mind. There is no harm in reading, apart from the content included.

Sephira
10-03-2011, 04:53 PM
a agree, books in paper are dying. i read all my books and articles online now so lets face it, in 15 years books we'll al b reading our books online

DucksGoMooful
10-10-2011, 04:25 PM
There are a lot of people, like me, who prefer the feel of paper, and like to flip back and forth in a real book. You can't replicate that online. And then libraries would become obsolete, and book stores, and game instruction manuals, and instruction manuals for other things. That'll never happen. What about people who can't afford a computer?

bartozio37
10-10-2011, 06:57 PM
I personaly prefer a real book as well. Somehow i find it much more enjoyable to read something you can hold in your hands and lay back with than reading it from your computer screen. I only read books when I'm on vacation though, since I want to have the time to read a good part of the book at once (instead of reading a smal part each day).

gursikh11
10-21-2011, 08:43 AM
I don't think so, books are the essential part of our life. I love to read books, comics.

Elmerr
10-21-2011, 10:06 AM
in my opinion it is a bitter reality that books to some extent are dead because of IT explosion. a unified effort is needed to make the habit of book reading common.

Overlord-Brian
10-21-2011, 01:06 PM
get out of here you damn bots...oh right books are not dead.

Sandwich
10-21-2011, 04:42 PM
I'm not a bot, I'm a Sandwich!

I think books are slowly dying, sure a good book pops up once in a while but inevitably it'll all be replaced with this technological boom.

Samatar
10-21-2011, 05:48 PM
In a few years time, everyone will own a Kindle.

PSN_xBlackthornWolfx
10-22-2011, 12:53 AM
Seriously people, books really aren't going to die out for a long time. It's only the people that don't read them that think this, or read everything online. I personally don't like reading online/ on the computer at all. I get easily distracted by other things or I get tired of looking at the screen, plus I agree with the people that said that they just like to physically hold something and relax. Maybe one day books won't be as common, but they aren't dying anytime soon

Tony32
10-22-2011, 02:38 PM
He leído libros en línea. Si necesito un libro específico para una clase particular en que estoy, me basta con ir a la biblioteca de mi escuela

Murray
10-22-2011, 02:44 PM
I retract my earlier statement because I am reading a book I was hyped about last year The Son of Neptune! Its great I forgot how much i love to read!

PSN_Spitfire
10-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Seriously people, books really aren't going to die out for a long time. It's only the people that don't read them that think this, or read everything online. I personally don't like reading online/ on the computer at all. I get easily distracted by other things or I get tired of looking at the screen, plus I agree with the people that said that they just like to physically hold something and relax. Maybe one day books won't be as common, but they aren't dying anytime soon

I say it depends, is a book a physical item that has words inside, or is a book the story that it tells? If it's just the story then I'd say they've already started to die out because of things like iBooks and whatnot, where you can read your books without the book. That is also beneficial to the company because all they have to do is ask for distribution from Apple, instead of all these other companies, and then have to spend extra money to get covers and whatnot.

PSN_xBlackthornWolfx
10-23-2011, 02:47 AM
And I see where you're getting at, but I don't see this as coming to the point where books will die off due to iBooks. Maybe it's just the area I live in, but I honestly know no one that uses iBooks. They all still read normal books, like I do, so I don't know. I'm not saying that it won't happen, that I just don't see it coming anytime soon

noob
12-01-2011, 05:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tscztF6Pi8s
This

steel dragons
12-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Books aren't dead yet...not until that generation dies out.

Zaidon
12-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Books aren't dead yet...not until that generation dies out.

Some books won't die quickly. "Educational" books will remain popular, and anyway, there are still people who read still in the current generation.

kak1
04-17-2012, 09:33 PM
books wil never die because athors still make them and ibooks are still books you hold your ipod so does not matter a book is a book

Zaidiia
04-19-2012, 06:27 PM
Then...what is this I payed $600 for while enrolling in classes for the Fall semester? o_o

Neko
04-19-2012, 09:20 PM
Books will always exist. Whether digital or not, as long as we read and write there will always be books.

steel dragons
04-19-2012, 09:24 PM
Books can die? I wonder how, since they aren't living things...

kak1
04-26-2012, 10:05 PM
can a cds die yes because if all of them are destord and not recade then there dei