PDA

View Full Version : Huge gap in posts

Samatar
09-26-2011, 04:56 PM
http://pokecheats.net/forum/showthread.php?4635-The-Update-Station!&p=63729&viewfull=1#post63729

The link above is a post from The Update Station, where this issue was previously fixed. I am reporting that the issue has not been fully fixed, and should be addressed.

I'm not sure how big the last gap is, but this gap is at least 400px big. The gap stretches from the end of the post, right to the signature break.

I would show a screenshot, but it's pretty self explanatory if you view this post.

I have confirmation from Spitfire, who is using the Pokestation Red theme and I am using the Default Theme.

Thank you.

P.S: Can someone fix the Forum Leaders page? It's a bit wrong.

Tidus
09-26-2011, 05:44 PM
I'm using the default theme as well, and I don't see any gap between the post and signature. I've checked the other skins as well and there are no gaps on those skins. Is it that your postbit is on the left instead of it being on the top? I recommend making it so that it's on the top, the gap will go away for sure. Also, I know that Spitty has his postbit on the top of the post so I can't really figure this out.

What's wrong with the Forum Leaders page? Clarify, please.

Samatar
09-26-2011, 06:04 PM
Issue resolves itself when the postbit is on the top, you're right. But for user preference sake, to get rid of this problem do users have to be forced to move the postbit if it's in their own preference to have it on the left? It's kind of an annoyance. Also, the gap seems to vary for some reason after checking a few more threads. However, I will use the top option for the meantime to compensate.

Forum Leaders: It's a bit messy, but that can be opinionated, but Smugleaf is still there and I think one mod is missing.

Tidus
09-26-2011, 06:20 PM
Issue resolves itself when the postbit is on the top, you're right. But for user preference sake, to get rid of this problem do users have to be forced to move the postbit if it's in their own preference to have it on the left? It's kind of an annoyance. Also, the gap seems to vary for some reason after checking a few more threads. However, I will use the top option for the meantime to compensate.

Forum Leaders: It's a bit messy, but that can be opinionated, but Smugleaf is still there and I think one mod is missing.

Well, the reason for that is because of how packed the postbit is when it's on the left. The post count, joint date, points, moods, location, avatars, user titles etc. are all the cause of that. We did some optimization to "reduce" the gap but I don't think we can get rid of it for good. However, I will still look into it.

Ah, and thanks for letting me know about that.