PDA

View Full Version : Venusaur analysis

mosers15
05-27-2008, 10:36 PM
Venusaur

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/TeamUber_album/Pokemon%20Analysis%20Art/Venusaur.png

Standard
Venusaur @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpD / 56 SpA / 52 Def
Nature: Calm
- Energy Ball/Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Stun Spore/Sludge Bomb

The double status super awesome Venusaur. He survives a Specsmence Draco Meteor to get a Sleep Powder in. Sludge Bomb is an option so you don't get walled by Grass types. You can potentially use Stun Spore and Sleep Powder along with Leech Seed to cripple two Pokemon and set another up with some free health gain.

Specs Saur
Venusaur @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 192 Spd / 66 HP
Nature: Modest
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Sleep Powder
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb

This guy hits hard with Leaf Storm. Your other attacks clean up late game when you don't want to be switching as much. Sleep Powder is a option over HP Ice is you don't want to breed for it.

NOTE: In both sets Grass Knot is viable over Energy Ball for the extra power against some things.

Swords Dance
Venusaur @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Nature: Adamant / Jolly
- Earthquake
- Seed bomb
- Sword Dance
- Synthesis / Leech Seed / Sleep Power

This set is sloppy but venosaur can in fact sword dance. The last move depends on what you want whther it be recovery or status. With jolly it ouruns adamant heracross and could put it too sleep with sleep powder but venosaur doesnt have a move that could do anything to heracross with the exception of body slam. Body Slam can be used instead of earthquake or seed bomb. Its attacking move pool is lacking badly but the set doesnt fail.

Curse Saur
Venusaur @ leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 80 Def
Nature: Adamant
- Curse
- Synthesis/Leech Seed/ Sleep powder
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake

This set uses the same principles as the sword dancer except only with curse. Body Slam is still an option since para hax might allow you to get a few more curses and possibly even still outrun the paralyzed pokemon. Torterra does this a lot better but venosaur has sleep powder.

ToxicStall
Venusaur @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 156 SpD / 100 Def
Nature: Calm
- Toxic
- Protect
- Synthesis
- Grass Knot / Leech Seed / Substitute

Venusaur is bulky enough to pull off a toxicstall. The last move is whether you want to attack gain and drain hp or substall.

Venusaur is a pretty nice pokemon if used well. If anybody has any advice/tips/Fixes please tell

Zeus
05-27-2008, 10:45 PM
Wow mosers, that's a huge picture. Automatically the analysis... scared me away. But I changed the picture for you, so now I can actually read it. Oh, and you spelt Venusaur wrong at times. Make sure you know how to spell your analyzed pokemon right LOL.

mosers15
05-27-2008, 10:46 PM
ugh......edit hasnt worked right ever ill fix it

XxSalientxX
06-02-2008, 09:05 AM
the first one is like smexyto me..imma try it out.AND THAT IMAGE IS HUGE.

mosers15
06-03-2008, 12:39 PM
ugh the image IS still big.....oh well...venusaur is a freak anyway.

Strype McClaine
07-29-2008, 08:34 PM
Since my Scarf-saur is getting a bit of notority, would you like me to post you the build and the calcs?

mosers15
08-01-2008, 02:56 AM
sure....i forgot i made this analysis..it needs scarf-saur

Strype McClaine
08-06-2008, 04:42 PM
sure....i forgot i made this analysis..it needs scarf-saur

Scarf - Saur
Venusaur @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power Ice
- Sludge Bomb

Here it is, Strype McClaine's Biostrike. 200 Speed will get you to 405 Speed...If you max'd out speed, you'd be at a cool 426..but what you beat with the 21 extra points of speed...dont matter.

426 - CS +nature/252 Dragonite, Blaziken, Gardevoir, Medicham, Togekiss, Mamoswine (80)
419 - 252 Ninjask (160)
418 - CS 252 Moltres, Lucario, PorygonZ, Zangoose, Salac Berry Lucario, Quick Feet 252 Ursaring (90)
417 - CS +nature/252 Heatran (77)
405 - One DD from 270 speed (outspeeds CS Heracross)

Yea..thats it? with a 299 S.Attack, you will be beating down plenty with clean speed. After plenty of testing, the origanal set had EQ, as a Riakou deturent and to use against calm minders....But...it sucks. Sludge bomb is a good secondary stab and realy your best other option, though it lacks verry many SE hits...celebi/breloom..it still is a good all around attack.

This is one of my all time favorite leads, with a 405 speed sleep powder or Leaf Storm, which is sure to put a dent in any non resist, and a good hit on the resist as well. HP Ice kills most all non bulky-build dragons flat out, and with rocks, well, its even closer to a sure thing.

mosers15
08-06-2008, 06:02 PM
rofl.....heatran sleeptalker leads love you

Strype McClaine
08-06-2008, 06:13 PM
rofl.....heatran sleeptalker leads love you

I see more scarf tran leads, wich is do not pass go, go directly to blissey.

mosers15
08-06-2008, 07:10 PM
blissey <_<