PDA

View Full Version : Snorlax Analysis

Zeus
05-28-2008, 03:28 AM
Snorlax

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/TeamUber_album/Pokemon%20Analysis%20Art/Snorlax.png

Name: Curselax

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
140 HP / 120 Def / 250 SpD
Careful (+SpD, -SpA) or Sassy (+SpD, -Spe)
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Rest / Selfdestruct
- Earthquake / Crunch / Fire Punch

The great Curselax from the R/S/E generation. Body Slam is better than Return because of the 30% paralysis rate. Rest or Selfdestruct? Rest heals Snorlax when weak, but leaves itself open for the opponent to set up on the sleeping Snorlax for two turns. While Selfdestruct is a last resort, and it's hella powerful getting STAB bonus (300 base power). For the last slot, it's mostly about what your team lacks that you can fill in. But for Snorlax's own coverage, Earthquake hits Tyranitar and non-Flying / Levitating Steels. Crunch hits Ghosts, mainly CM Mismagius. Fire Punch still has the coverage against Ghosts and Steels, but Tyranitar still walls.

The EV spread gives Snorlax 496 HP which grants Snorlax maximum Leftovers recovery.

Name: Band Lax

Snorlax @ Choice Band / Life Orb
252 HP / 252 Att / 6 SpD
Adamant (+Att, -SpA) or Brave (+Att, -Spe)
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Crunch / Selfdestruct / Pursuit
- Fire Punch / Fire Blast / Selfdestruct

Snorlax makes a good sturdy Choice Bander. Life Orb is optional here if you prefer a Snorlax with more freedom with his moves. Pursuit is an option in the 3rd slot, but is illegal with both Fire Punch and Selfdestruct. Fire Blast is especially valid with Life Orb and Brave nature, this brings a more powerful hit on Skarmory.

Name: Sleep Talk Lax

Snorlax @ Leftovers
252 HP / 28 Def / 230 SpD
Careful (+SpD, -SpA) or Sassy (+SpD, -Spe)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Body Slam
- Earthquake / Crunch / Fire Punch / Fire Blast / Curse

This is by far Snorlax's greatest form of recovery, and its most defensive set. Makes a great status absorber against Yanmega, Gengar, or Milotic. Fire Punch or Blast, again, for preference. Curse is an option if you want to build up Snorlax's sweeping potential, but this would leave it with only one attacking move which is walled by Steels, Rocks, and Ghosts. So if you plan on using Curse make sure pokemon who wall you are gone so you can get in for the late game sweep.

Name: Trapper Lax

Snorlax @ Leftovers
76 HP / 182 Att / 252 SpD
Adamant (+Att, -SpA)
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Yawn / Screech / Rest

This set shows its advantages over Blissey. And this also works nice in tandem with Spikes, Stealth Rock, and Toxic Spikes. It works great for trapping Gengar and Starmie, and not to mention CM Mismagius, whom Blissey can't beat. Body Slam and Earthquake for obvious purposes. In addition, Body Slam's paralysis forces many switches which you can take advantage with Pursuit. And in the 4th slot, Yawn works great in tandem with Pursuit. Yawn first turn and use Pursuit in the 2nd. Screech may seem weird to you, but it also works well with Pursuit, forcing switches that is. And it also works well in lowering defenses on the switch-in, such as Tyranitar or Cresselia. Rest is optional but kinda lowers the synergy of this moveset.

76 HP EVs give Snorlax 480 HP which gives Snorlax maximum Leftovers recovery. You'll need to max out SpD, and just dump the rest in Attack.

ChainLax - (added by Eternal)

Snorax @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 110 Atk / 148 Def / 252 SpA

-Ice beam
-Fire Blast
-Selfdestruct / Pursuit
-Body Slam

Here are some damages that show its power:

Snorlax used Fire Blast.
Skarmory lost 101% of its health.

Snorlax used Ice Beam.
Gliscor lost 156% of its health.

Snorlax used Fire Blast.
Celebi lost 66% of its health.

Snorlax use Selfdestruct.
Suicune lost 124% of its health.

Other Options:

Snorlax gains access to Belly Drum, but Curse is more efficient, since Snorlax is too slow to pull off a Belly Drum and doesn't have the best defenses either. Well it does work well in tandem with Yawn, force the switch and possibly get a free Belly Drum. But it's still too slow.

Thunderpunch can hit Gyarados or Bulky-Waters. Ice Punch can hit Dragons. Zen-Headbutt hits Weezing. Chainlax is optional (Eternal will be posting that set). If a Chainlax is optional, than Ice Beam and Surf would work nicely in terms of eliminating Gliscor or Tyranitar.

A Sub Punching set is also optional, as it can set up a Sub on Blissey, along with a few Curses, and Focus Punch away. You'd probably add Crunch for the last slot.

Counters:

Any bulky Fighting types can come in and 1 Hit KO with Close Combat, mainly Machamp and CB Heracross. As mentioned several times, without Fire Punch or Crunch / Pursuit, CM Mismagius can come in and set up a Sub and start CMing away and hitting you with Focus Blast. Without Earthquake, Tyranitar comes in and sets up Dragon Dances or possibly a Sub and Focus Punch you, or even just killing you with CB Stone Edge. Withou Fire Punch or Fire Blast, Skarmory phazes you with Whirlwind. Sure Bronzong walls you too, but, with enough Curses, Snorlax can survive a predicted Explosion and Rest off the damage, and it can even beat Bronzong anyway simply by Cursing to +6 Attack and hammering it with Body Slam. Bulky Grasses, such as Celebi and Tangrowth, can throw Leech Seed at you and take even Fire Punch. They may have to be weary of Fire Blast though, especially Tangrowth.

RaMpAgE
05-28-2008, 04:28 AM
ummm were is chainlax? LMAO <_<

EDIT by Zeus (sorry, forgot to quote): I don't know its EV spread, I'm waiting for Eternal to post Chainlax.

mosers15
05-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Musttt seee chaaiiinnlaaxxx

Eternal
05-29-2008, 03:28 AM
ChainLax added ^^

ambervoid
05-29-2008, 05:46 AM
thats pretty sweet, definently wanna try the chainlax out myself

mosers15
05-29-2008, 05:56 AM
eternal did you ever test chainlax on ttar? I wanna know how much selfdestruct/body slam do respectively.

coldasice
05-29-2008, 03:51 PM
ChainLax added ^^

WOOT

Eternal
05-29-2008, 09:36 PM
eternal did you ever test chainlax on ttar? I wanna know how much selfdestruct/body slam do respectively.

Yes, I tested Selfdestruct on CB Ttar.

It did 83% damage (not effective btw). Selfdestruct is an extremely dangerous weapon, but Body Slam is usually to lure Skarmory, Gliscor, Bronzong, etc.. So you can pwn them. Also, Body Slam has the nice 30% para hax. ^^

ShieryuSilvr
05-29-2008, 11:27 PM
lol nice, chainlax ftw, also credit to zeus for this awesome addition to our sets ^_^

ToMmY
05-30-2008, 11:16 PM
zeus ur a smart boy! :shock: chain lax rapes! :P

Crossfire
06-02-2008, 04:03 AM
I like the first Snorlax.

XxSalientxX
06-02-2008, 08:57 AM
ChainLax ftw,thanks to Eternal and Zeus for hookin that up

mosers15
06-03-2008, 12:46 PM
lol.....i know chainlax pwns...but whys it called chainlax?

Chrisomar
06-03-2008, 03:39 PM
lol.....i know chainlax pwns...but whys it called chainlax?I am wondering the exact same thing hell lets call it Chief Lax it is using moves that involve Frying and Freezing and even blowing up a Kitchen.

mosers15
06-03-2008, 05:31 PM
mastercheiflax? hell no
i say chainlax should be called Boomlax......cause it goes boom

Tyranids
06-05-2008, 03:29 AM
Do you consider Custap Berry an illegal hack? .... If not, it works well on the Lax's packing SelfDestruct for the last ditch out

Chrisomar
06-05-2008, 03:41 AM
LOL not Like Masterchief I mean Cheif like a cook.

Zeus
06-05-2008, 03:41 AM
idk, but all I know is that your location is epic win.

Tyranids
06-05-2008, 03:50 AM
LOL not Like Masterchief I mean Cheif like a cook.Chef*

And Zeus, LOL, he deserves to be flamed... I even had my Marrilag sig deleted because it had huge bold letters, "**** you kawalski!" all CAPS :P, now I'm perma muted with ******* 11 demerits >_>

Back on topic; I love CurseLax, but it always seemed to me that when you rest you die

mosers15
06-05-2008, 12:22 PM
lol yesh rest + death if you dont have sleep talk...usually
hahaha chris learn to spell
cheif is spelled chef hahaha

Tyranids
06-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Hmm but with sleep talk you're left with one attack (if you have curse)

Carlo1003
06-07-2008, 01:35 AM
wow, nyc chainlax.. definately gonna try that..
gj on that :wink:

Eternal
06-08-2008, 02:00 AM
wow, nyc chainlax.. definately gonna try that..
gj on that :wink:

Thanks. XD

Tyranids
06-08-2008, 06:11 PM
What are people's opinions on the Custap Berry? Legal or not? (first post on this page)

mosers15
06-08-2008, 08:18 PM
illegal....its effect is kinda gay tho