PDA

View Full Version : Skarmory Analysis

ShieryuSilvr
05-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Skarmory

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/TeamUber_album/Pokemon%20Analysis%20Art/Skarmory.png

"Spikes Madness"

Skarmory@ Leftovers
Impish 252HP/252Def/6speed
-Spikes/Stealth Rock
-Roar/Whirlwind
-Roost
-Brave Bird/ Drill Peck/Stealth Rock

As the name suggests, Skarmory lays out spikes which imflict MAJOR damage during a match. His EV spread is easy to understand cause you would want a very bulky phys wall. Roar/ Whirlwind work very well when combined with spikes and maybe even Stealth Rock, But if you do choose NOT to use an atking move watch out for Gyarados and other pokemon that might carry taunt. Roost is a must for Skarmory because he will switch into many hits and leftovers alone wont be enough. The last moveslot is pretty simple, you can choose Brave Bird which deals a lot of damage to the opponent and take recoil damage, Or you can choose Drill peck, another STAB move the good thing about it is that there is 0 recoil.

"AgiliSkarm"

Skarmory@ leftovers/ life orb
Jolly 40HP/252Atk/218Speed
-Drill Peck/ Brave Bird
-Agility
-Night Slash/ X-Scissor/ Rock Slide
-Steel Wing/Swords Dance

After 1 Agility Skarmory can out speed Deoxys-E! And it remains somewhat bulky. Drill peck/ Brave bird are there for STAB. Agility is pretty obvious. The third slot is kind of intresting here, Night Slash and X-Scissor give pretty much same coverage. Rock slide is to counter Gyarados and Salamence as well as other Flying types. Finally, the for the last slot you can go for Steel wing for STAB or SD to power up Skarmorys Atk. This Skarm can outspeed all other walls and it can outspeed CB heracross and OHKO it before an Agility! This set is for those who want a different type of Skarm.

"CurseSkarm"

Skarmory@Leftovers
Impish 196hp/138atk/176def
-Curse
-Roost
-Brave Bird
-Roar/Spikes/Taunt/Steel wing/Payback

Here it is, the CurseSkarm. This set was designed to shock to opponent. While they expect a standard Spiker Skarm. The set is pretty basic, 196Hp for lefties number, and the rest of the Evs so Skarm can inflict some damage. I have Brave Bird here because its illegal to have Curse and Drill Peck on the same set.

For his last slot there are many options. Roar is to phaze, Spikes is for doing some dmg on switch-ins, taunt is so Skarm can't be phazed, Steel wing is for Ttars, And payback is a great option for slow pokemon (Skarm after curse).

I'll be making some more sets soon, also if I missed anything please tell me and I'll fix it ASAP ^_^

Stone_Cold22
05-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Curse and drill peck are illegal.

ShieryuSilvr
05-29-2008, 02:05 AM
Curse and drill peck are illegal.

o, ok thanks i'll edit it now

ShieryuSilvr
05-29-2008, 02:06 AM
ok nevermind <_< someone already changed it, thanks to whoever did that.

XxSalientxX
06-02-2008, 09:09 AM
ok nevermind <_< someone already changed it, thanks to whoever did that.lol, skarm rulez

ShieryuSilvr
06-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the bump ^_^
and Skarm DOES rule :D

Duskie
06-02-2008, 04:57 PM
fried skarm 8)

mosers15
06-03-2008, 12:29 PM
i remember seeing a skarm that was designed to be baton passed too.
SS i might add it if i find it.

soccerforward29
06-13-2008, 11:01 PM
This set owns I faced it once so I don't know the evs/nature. I will ask Cyberia to post it.

Chet
06-24-2008, 08:55 PM
Skarmory @ leftovers
impish
196 hp/ 68 att/ 104 def/ 12 spe/ 128 sp def
-Brave bird/drill peck
-Roost
-Whirlwind/sword dance
-Stealth rock/spikes

This has a bit weird ev spread, but alot of special attacks will actually 3hko now, like surf from starmie, and can 2hko it back with brave bird, but with the recoil damage surf might still 2hko but bleh, 12 speed to outspeed machamps who aim to outspeed you, altho watch out with roosting, stealth rock spikes is pretty obvious, if you already have a sr poke, than use spikes if not than sr. whirlwind to phaze, sword dance can work too as it might ohko starmie with brave bird, with stealth rock support its a ohko most of the time.... ummm well yeah not much more to say

McFly
06-25-2008, 01:04 AM
sakrm phails i refer glizcor

mosers15
06-25-2008, 04:28 PM
skarm works differently than gliscor o_o