PDA

View Full Version : Hmm...New Team....Can someone rate please? :)

Kuja20
05-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Yanmega@Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Rash
EVs:252 Sp Atk/176 Spe/80 Atk

Bug Buzz
Air Slash
Protect
U-Turn

Mostly a standard Yanmega, Bug Buzz and Air Slash both are reliable STAB moves and pack a punch. Protect to Scout and get a free speed boost. U-Turn is nice to scout switches and then switch to a counter while you are at it. The EV spread is designed purely to outrun Adamant Heracross, tbh, im not going to be staying in too long against a Heatran anyway. The extra EVs in atk is just to give U-Turn a bit more of a kick, not much more, but a bit.

Gengar@Petaya Berry
Nature: Timid
EVs:252 Sp Atk/252 Spe/6 HP

Substitute
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Destiny Bond

This is one of my more favourite gengars (behind Life Orbed Explosion and Scarfer). This set gives the impression of a standard Petaya-Subing Gengar. Substitute on the switch to get a free sub up, Shadow Ball and Tbolt offers great coverage (Focus Blast not mentioned because of its god aweful Accuracy :P ). The twist on this set is Destiny Bond, which is usually forgotten about by most. While they are busy destroying gengar's subs, they wont expect Destiny bond, thus taking out anything that is a major threat to the team.

Metagross @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
EVs:252 Atk/200 HP/58 Def

Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Thunder Punch
Explosion

Not the metal spider you want to be meeting if ur pokemon are weak! Meteor Mash can really rip through teams that dont resist the attack, nice STAB and i chance of an Atk boost, which is always handy! EQ for other grosses, Magnezone...etc. Thunder punch for Gyarados, Suicune and the like. Explosion just packs Rapage! It will destroy almost anything that is a ghost type. :P

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Nature:Impish
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 Atk

Stealth Rock
Roar
Dragon Claw
Earthquake

Yes i know what your thinking, Rip off from ZMT's one, as a matter of fact, he didnt invent it lol. 252 HP and 252 Def really make it a good candidate for Defensive Walling. With only 2 weaknesses, its fairly easy to get Stealth Rocks out. For the ninjasks who think they can use Garchomp as a set up fodder, are wrong! Toy around with them, let them set up their subs and activate the berry then roar them away (will most likely cause DCs but meh :wink: ), if ninjask comes back in, it can say hi to the stealth rocks! Dragon Claw and EQ are there for reliable STABed moves

Absol @ Focus Sash
Ability: Super Luck
Nature: Adamant
EVs:252 Atk/252 Spe/6 HP

Swords Dance
Night Slash
Psycho Cut
Stone Edge

I <3 this guy, one of my favourite UU (or BL) pokes of all time! This set relies on luck hax and can usually get it thanks to Super Luck! Swords Dance to hit harder, crits will also help that cause. Night Slash for STABed attack, and will be the main weapon of choice. Psycho Cut for the fighters out there. Stone Edge for flyers, bugs and the like.

Blissey@ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 Def/252 Sp Atk/6 HP

Calm Mind
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Softboiled

Yay calm mind bliss! After a few calm minds, its gonna hurt big time. Thunderbolt and Ice Beam are for the "BoltBeam" coverage, just gotta look out for Magnezone. Softboiled for easy recovery.

Please tell me what you guys think, and any suggestions on how to improve the team would be great!

Thanks for reading!

ShieryuSilvr
05-29-2008, 11:29 PM
U might need a spinner to avoid yanmega getting raped, and also so u can actually use the sash on absol

Kuja20
05-30-2008, 08:59 AM
U might need a spinner to avoid yanmega getting raped, and also so u can actually use the sash on absolhmm yeh, i was thinking about using Tentacruel instead of Bliss

ShieryuSilvr
05-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Another good option is starmie, cause i dont see any gyarados counters on ur team =/

Farmer
05-30-2008, 07:07 PM
Meta can deal whth but starmie more reliable

ShieryuSilvr
05-31-2008, 03:36 PM

Now that u mention it, his gross is pretty bulky. but like u said starmie is the most realiable counter, or maybe even tentacreul with HP elec

Kuja20
06-01-2008, 12:41 PM

Now that u mention it, his gross is pretty bulky. but like u said starmie is the most realiable counter, or maybe even tentacreul with HP electbh i'd rather keep Metagross in, but i do need a gyara counter..

ShieryuSilvr
06-01-2008, 10:47 PM
just hope u dont lose ur meta too fast

Farmer
06-02-2008, 04:42 AM
just hope u dont lose ur meta too fastThat not the only problem gyra used waterfall metagross flinch gg

Kuja20
06-02-2008, 12:04 PM
just hope u dont lose ur meta too fastThat not the only problem gyra used waterfall metagross flinch ggyeh good point, prob is now what can i replace, and what it can be replaced with, hmm....

Duskie
06-02-2008, 04:18 PM
I'd go with starmie forsure,spins,serves as ape,and gyara counter and can recover.Tenta cant consistantly come in on gyara even if it has hp-electric,so yea use starmie or get some wish passers on this team.

Farmer
06-02-2008, 07:19 PM
I'd go with starmie forsure,spins,serves as ape,and gyara counter and can recover.Tenta cant consistantly come in on gyara even if it has hp-electric,so yea use starmie or get some wish passers on this team.Yeah true not to mention the rare eq making cruel unsuited for the drop and im sure hp eled wont 1 hit ko anyways.

Kuja20
06-03-2008, 10:12 AM
I'd go with starmie forsure,spins,serves as ape,and gyara counter and can recover.Tenta cant consistantly come in on gyara even if it has hp-electric,so yea use starmie or get some wish passers on this team.Yeah true not to mention the rare eq making cruel unsuited for the drop and im sure hp eled wont 1 hit ko anyways.ok scrap Tenta, now i suppose i replace Gengar with Starmie? or Yanmega? any other Gyara counters that maybe suited with this team?

mosers15
06-03-2008, 08:53 PM
go with starmie instead of either blissey or gengar....calm mind blissey is just....weird

Kuja20
06-04-2008, 09:32 AM
go with starmie instead of either blissey or gengar....calm mind blissey is just....weirdnice thought, i would be left with a ghost and dark weakness if i switched stamie with Blissey, but im quite fond of Gengar, what to do what to do hmm

mosers15
06-04-2008, 07:28 PM
lol.....a sp def oriented celebi could take a shadow ball from timid gengar..*maybe modest but i dont know* and get rid of gengar....so celebi might be a nice choice..

Chet
06-04-2008, 10:41 PM
7/10

i am cool
08-17-2008, 04:06 PM
maybe tentacruel as some have suggested, and maybe replace metagross with p2 and make him as ur lead, p2 counters salamence, gyarados, vaporeon and heatran and a lot more so consider him on ur team