PDA

View Full Version : Bronzong Analysis

mosers15
05-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Bronzong

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/TeamUber_album/Pokemon%20Analysis%20Art/Bronzong.png

Bronzong @ Leftovers/Lum berry
Ability: Levitate/Heatproof
Nature: Relaxed
Evs: 252 HP / 116 ATK / 20 DEF / 120 Sp.DEF (0 Speed IV)
or 200 HP/ 132 ATk / 4 DEF / 172 Sp. DEF
- Hypnosis
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake/Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Status, Stealth Rock, and fairly good type coverage. Levitate Or Heatproof all depends on the rest of your team. Not many people expect the heatproof zong and with earthquake, this thing can take out heatrans. The second ev spead is better suited as a surprise counter to infernape, heatran, and other pokemon like jolteon or raikou who think they can set up. I use the second ev spread with heatproof and lum berry as a starter usually. The ability to take a status like hypnosis on the first turn from gengar and gyro ball it can put you at an advantage.

Bronzong @ Light Clay / Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Sassy
Evs: 252 HP / 128 DEF / 128 Sp.DEF
- Hypnosis
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock / Explosion

Oddly enough, 128 / 128 spreads the defenses quite evenly (with nature determinning what takes priority).

Bronzong @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Nature: Brave
Evs: 252 HP / 252 ATK / 4 DEF
- Trick Room
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion

A pure gimmick set, but can pack a pretty good punch. Not terribly bad for trick room teams.

Bronzong @Leftovers
Nature: Sassy
252 HP/126 DEF/126 S.DEF
-Gyro Ball
-Earthquake
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Very very tankish. Why not?

Bronzong @Leftovers
Nature: Calm
252 HP/124 DEF/132 Sp atk
-Flash Cannon/Shadow Ball
-Psychic
-Hypnosis
-Calm Mind

Not very common but Calm mind Zong can work. Put a pokemon to Sleep and Calm mind up. AN EXTREMO TANK. You can replace One of the two attacking moves for hp grass or hp ground. I wont include them because if your using one you probably should change the other move to get the most coverage possible and work with your team.

Bronzong @Damp Rock or Heat Rock
Nature: Sassy/Relaxed
Evs: 252 HP / 116 ATK / 20 DEF / 120 Sp.DEF (0 Speed IV)
or 200 HP/ 132 ATk / 4 DEF / 172 Sp. DEF
-Rain Dance/Sunny Day
-Hypnosis
-Explosion
-Stealth Rock/Reflect/Light Screen

The Bronzong that generally starts rain dance/sunny day teams. General idea is to hypnosis and set up the weather and rocks or a wall of some sort. Afterward go Boom and start the sweep

Counters-
Bronzong is very difficult to OHKO if your opponent is running max of a certain defense on their bronzong. Suicune can wall bronzong pretty well since an explosion from bronzong wont ohko suicune and hypnosis wont really do much to sleep talking suicune. Heracross and Lucario are good choices for getting rid of Bronzong because after a sword dance a life orb lucario can ohko zong with close combat. Heatran can wall broonzong if bronzong isnt heatrpoof but even then Flamethrower is a 2hko from specstran. Tyranitar cando an OK job but being weak to both EQ and Hypnosis isnt a great thing.

Zeus
05-29-2008, 08:19 PM
Nice sets. Well, just a suggestion. Maybe on the Calm Mind set you can add a Defense positive nature, Bold most likely, since Calm Mind increases Sp Def anyway.

Oh, and love the grammer :D

XxSalientxX
06-02-2008, 09:10 AM
Bronzong is like so even and good job mosers

mosers15
06-03-2008, 12:38 PM
thanks...zeus you can add to my posts if you need too.
and i really just pulled the calm mind set out of nowhere. I've never really considered testing the right evs for it.

Kuja20
06-26-2008, 08:25 AM
This is a Zong i use quite regularly, and it works well enough for me. Presenting The Double Status Bronzong!

Bronzong@ Lefties/Lum Berry
Nature: Relaxed/Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 Sp Def OR 252 HP/252 Sp Def/6 Def
IVs: 0 Speed IVs

Hypnosis
Toxic
Gyro Ball/EQ
Explosion

Not as ridiculous as it sounds. Bring bronzong in, hypnosis, then use toxic on the switch. this set gives you choice on what status would benefit you more in a particular battle. This set is very dangerous for those who are not expecting it. Gyro Ball or EQ is your choice, Gyro Ball with STAB and maximum power thanks to 0 Speed ivs can really hurt. Or Earthquake if you prefer to take out threats like Heatran and Magnezone on the switch. Explosion for the epic finish, will seriously hurt anything that doesnt resist it.

PidgeyFTW
06-26-2008, 02:59 PM
No HP Ice/Grass Knot on the CM set? Could work as a Cress'ish Poke. They're both fairly viable.

mosers15
06-26-2008, 04:38 PM
when i look at the cm set....id actually rather use hp ground to get rid of pokes like heatran and infernape.....but i dont know....hp grass doesnt seem very necessary to me. After a few calm minds id rather be using psychic on pokes like swampert anyway.....and flash cannon would hit ttar. Hp Ice seems like it would be a surprise but youd probably want to replace psychic then because psychic and hp ice doesnt have very good coverage.....

PidgeyFTW
06-27-2008, 07:16 AM
Meh I was thinking Grass Knot to ensure Pert's death since being roared out would suck. But I see your point. And yeah I think HP Ground should be an option somewhere in the CM set.

ikke
06-29-2008, 02:45 PM
this is the zong that works very good for me:

bronzong@leftovers
Relaxed Nature - Levitate
252hp/152atk/8def/96sp.def [2 Speed IV to outspeed other zong]
-Hypnosis
-Stealthrock
-Earthquake
-Gyro Ball

No Idea where I got the spread but it seems to work