DD-Nite
Dragonite @ Life Orb/Lum Berry/Yache Berry
Jolly Nature
252 Atk/200 Spe/56 HP

Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Punch/Fire Blast

This is your standard Dragonite. Unlike it's cousins Garchomp and Salamence it can use Dragon Dance AND Outrage, and it will do a lot of damage to anything that doesn't resist Dragon. EQ for Steels that cant levitate, I.e. Magnezone and Heatran, it also offers decent coverage with Outrage. Fire Punch is for the rest. After Life Orb and one Dragon Dance Fire Punch 2hkos Skarm. Fire Blast is really for Skarm, but even then it 2hkos with Life Orb, and Fire Blast's accuracy is meh.

In reality, Salamence is usually superior for Dragon Dancing with Superior speed, but with Outrage puts D-nite in for consideration. AND it learns Fire Punch with 75 BP and 100% Accuracy and that is something neither Garchomp nor Salamence can do.

If you want even more power, Adamant is an option, but only if u don't mind the speed drop. If this is so, put 240 Speed Ev's to bring it's speed to 256 and outrun Jolly Weavile, but to be honest, if Weavile carries Ice Shard you may not want to stay in anyway, and one DD'd outrage will 2hko anything that doesn't resist it anyway, even with Jolly Nature.

Here are some Damage Calculations of an Outrage at 367 Atk With Life Orb+one DD:

Max HP/Def Gliscor: 68.64%-80.66%

Max HP/Def Hippowdon: 60%-70.72%

Max HP/Def Cresselia: 56.31%-66.19%

The EVs are designed to be able to outrun Scarf Heracross after one DD, and Banded one without. Maximising attack will give it a bit of a kick.
Wall Breaker

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Mild/Rash Nature
252 Sp Atk/192 Spe/64 Atk

Draco Meteor
Focus Punch
Fire Blast/Flamethrower
Thunderbolt/Earthquake/Ice Beam/Dragon Pulse

Ok wall breaker D-Nite, does what it says on the tin: it BREAKS WALLS. Mild or Rash to get that rather average special attack up, although at the cost of bulkiness in either Defense or Special Defense. The Ev's maximize Sp Atk so it can hit hard, although this is in reality an inferior Mixmence, but doesn't mean it can be used effectively. The speed is enough to outrun Tyranitar, although u may wanna give it more to outrun the other threats also trying to outrun Tyranitar. Draco Meteor is an obvious choice, especially at 150 BP + STAB + Life Orb, its going to hurt. Focus punch for blissey on the switch, and it will OHKO Bliss thanks to Life Orb. Fire Blast says bye bye to Skarmory, Forretress and Bronzong.

As for the last move, it really depend on what you fear. Thunderbolt for Gyarados and other waters (just be careful of ice fang). EQ for the ever troublesome Heatran (Waterfall/Aqua Tail is also ok for consideration). Ice beam or Dragon Pulse is for back up, especially if you don't want to use Draco Meteor right away, also using Ice beam on a Gliscor would save the need to use Draco Meteor.

Roost is also another decent option for this set, and suddenly its like an inferior ToyMence, but it can keep Dragonite alive longer.

Specs-Nite

Dragonite @ Choice Specs
Nature: Mild/Rash
Ev's: 252 Sp Att/ 192 Spe/64 Atk

Draco Meteor
Dragon Pulse/Thunderbolt
Flamethrower/Fire Blast
Focus Punch/Surf/EQ

At first sight this is an inferior specsmence. In reality this is an inferior specs mence, with less special attack and speed. The thing that makes this so different is really Focus Punch. The one thing Salamence can't do, is use focus punch. Draco Meteor is an obvious choice, being the most powerful Dragon move there is and with choice specs = total carnage. Dragon Pulse is a more reliable dragon move, at the cost of power and can be reused at a decent rate without the sp atk drop. If u prefer coverage, go for t bolt, especially for bulky Gyara and other waters. Flamethrower takes out steels like Scizor and bronzong, although you can use Fire Blast if you don't mind having less accuracy. The last move is something of the choosers choice. Focus Punch will hurt Blissey a lot, and will 2hko at least. If you doubt the reliability of Focus Punch go for surf to hurt Heatan, and u can put the Atk Ev's into HP instead. Heck, you can even use Earthquake and will OHKO Heatran and Magnezone, although, Flamethrower can deal with Magnezone.

Band-Nite

Dragonite@ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
Ev's: 64 HP/252 Atk/192 Spe

Outrage
Focus Punch
Fire Punch / Thunder Punch
Dragon Claw / Earthquake

Practically nothing can safely switch into this set without being 2hkoed at least. Dragon and Fighting together have no resists, the last two moves just help with super effective coverage. Outrage is an obvious choice, as Dragonite's most powerful Physical attack and will hurt a lotta pokes that aren't steel. Focus punch is best used for predicting switches, Heatran, Magnezone and other steels will not like D-Nite at all. Fire punch for consistant damage against steels that arent Heatran. Thunder punch to put a dent in Suicune and an even bigger dent in Gyarados. Dragon Claw is so Dragonite can switch, whereas Outrage will stay stuck for 2-3 turns and enable something to come in and easily revenge kill Dragonite. EQ is for extra coverage and easy damage against Heatran.

Support Nite

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish
Ev's: 252 HP/128 Spe/96 Def/32SpD

Dragon Claw
Roost
Heal Bell/Light Screen/Safeguard
Toxic/Thunder Wave

The one set that sets D-Nite apart from the other Dragons. This is a team playa, and is designed to keep your other pokes out of danger. As seen by the EV spread its built for bulkiness and will be able to take a hit or two. Dragon Claw for STAB, outrage isnt recommended because you don't want something to coming in to Revenge kill it, or if its a Steel type, take the hit and finish off your supporting poke. Roost is to keep it alive as long as possible, also makes that 4x ice weakness only 2x weak, and can make that bit of difference. Move 3 is to protect your team from harm, Heal Bell will heal status and can turn a dangerous situation around, suddenly a paralyzed Scarfer can do damage again. Light Screen will shield the team from special attacks better. Move number 4 is to disable the opposing team and really cripple. Toxic for those who like stall out your opponent. T-wave for some nice parahax.

Overall a nice set, and can do what the other dragons can not do. The only problem is it's weaknesses: Rock, Ice and Dragon, ice being the more dangerous out of the three. Keep your wits about you when using this set.

SubPuncher

Dragonite @ Leftovers
EV's: 244 HP/252 Atk/12 Spe

Substitute
Focus Punch
Dragon Claw/Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
Fire Blast/Fire Punch

Yet another set another dragon cannot pull off. Mainly because the other dragons cannot learn Focus Punch. And this set packs a punch (no pun intended lol). Substitute on the switch or if you are predicting a status move/ scouting moves.pokes. Focus Punch says hi to Blissey, and Blissey says bye to its team very quickly. Focus Punch on the switch and it will most likely OHKO the vast majority of Blisseys that dont have 714 HP. Dragon Claw is for STAB and will hit most for neutral damage. Draco Meteor, if u put some Ev's into special attack as well, but thats purely for choice of the user. Same thing with Fire Blast and Fire Punch, depends on the user's preferences. Fire Blast will hurt Skarmory for the 2HKO. Fire Punch will hurt Bronzong more.

Bulky DD-Nite(contributed by Mosers)

Dragonite @ Yache Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Speed / 16 Sp.DEF
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Roost

This is the definition of BulkyNIte.
Ordinarilly, Speed EVs on a "wallish" PKMN that even has Dragon Dance would be nuts.
However, with those 240 Speed EVs, it can outspeed Weavile after a single DD....yeah.
The rest is pretty self-explanatory.

Other Options

I believe I have covered the majority of D-nite sets, but there are a couple I can think of from the top of my head: Choice Scarf and Agility. These are more novel options and would cause some surprise and could be enough to win you the battle.

Counters

You need good prediction to switch to something that could hurt it, such as steel types that can take the hit, just be careful of a Fire move on the switch. Swampert and Suicune can switch in on Dragonite and Ice Beam and make waste of the gentle dragon. Also, if it has gained a dragon dance, then you might have to sacrifice a Pokemon just to get something like weavile out and revenge kill it with ice punch (if sashed) or Ice Shard which will attack first. There isn't much that can counter Dragonite safely.

PidgeyFTW
07-05-2008, 03:23 AM
DD-Nite only needs 200 Speed. Also Roost should be an option on the Mixnite set.

Kuja20
07-05-2008, 07:41 AM
DD-Nite only needs 200 Speed. Also Roost should be an option on the Mixnite set.hmm thanks, but i personally disagree with having 200 speed EVs, but i'll add it into the options, same with the MixNite set.

Farmer
07-05-2008, 08:08 AM
DD-Nite only needs 200 Speed. Also Roost should be an option on the Mixnite set.hmm thanks, but i personally disagree with having 200 speed EVs, but i'll add it into the options, same with the MixNite set.No he right or please to do tell what 252 evs allowing you to outspeed ?

Kuja20
07-05-2008, 09:09 AM
im an idiot, im thinking of Adamant Dragonite, what am i smoking?

Kuja20
07-05-2008, 09:17 AM
DD-Nite only needs 200 Speed. Also Roost should be an option on the Mixnite set.hmm thanks, but i personally disagree with having 200 speed EVs, but i'll add it into the options, same with the MixNite set.No he right or please to do tell what 252 evs allowing you to outspeed ?yeh my mistake, i was thinking of Adamant Dragonite for some reason :shock: I suppose doing this analysis' at 1pm, or early morning doesnt help.

Thanks for pointing that out ^_^

mosers15
07-05-2008, 05:42 PM
add bulky d nite...its another version of dd-nite but i prefer it over anything else.
Dragonite @ Yache Berry
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Roost

Ordinarilly, Speed EVs on a "wallish" PKMN that even has Dragon Dance would be nuts.
However, with those 240 Speed EVs, it can outspeed Weavile after a single DD....yeah.
The rest is pretty self-explanatory.

Kuja20
07-05-2008, 10:12 PM
add bulky d nite...its another version of dd-nite but i prefer it over anything else.
Dragonite @ Yache Berry
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Roost

The rest is pretty self-explanatory.will do Mosers ^_^ thanks for the contribution!

mosers15
07-06-2008, 08:02 PM
theres one more d-nite thats worth a mention and thats subounch d-nite lead. Pretty much something like this....not 100% sure on the rest besides moveset

substitute
focus punch
draco meteor
flamethrower/fire blast

Kuja20
07-07-2008, 09:57 AM
theres one more d-nite thats worth a mention and thats subounch d-nite lead. Pretty much something like this....not 100% sure on the rest besides moveset

substitute
focus punch
draco meteor
flamethrower/fire blasthmm i dunno either, but i would imagine Mild/Rash, and enough EVs to OHKO the pink blob with FP

mosers15
07-07-2008, 04:47 PM
yeah thats not terribly hard. The good news for -nite is it destroys zong leads and if i make an ev spread for it id probably load evs into sp defense or something to take an hp ice so it could take an azelf lead....i dunno

Kuja20
07-08-2008, 09:38 AM
yeah thats not terribly hard. The good news for -nite is it destroys zong leads and if i make an ev spread for it id probably load evs into sp defense or something to take an hp ice so it could take an azelf lead....i dunnoyeh and zong leads are very common atm, and very annoying, and depends on what u want to take hp ice from, first enough speed to outrun TTar (or outrun TTar counters), then enough to kill the pink blob, then get as much into HP as poss and load the rest into sp def or something

Tyranids
08-06-2008, 04:34 AM
On 'Counters:' CB Weavile Ice Punch OHKOs through your Yache...

mosers15
08-06-2008, 06:04 PM
cb weaviles ice punch ohkos my bulk d nite?

Farmer
08-06-2008, 07:09 PM
On 'Counters:' CB Weavile Ice Punch OHKOs through your Yache...Weavile not a counter it cant switch into Dragonite it can revenge kill that about all.