Raticate @ Flame Orb
Guts
Adamant
252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
-Super Fang/ U turn
-Sucker Punch
-Thunder Wave/ Swords dance
-Facade

Yes, the superRat. Pretty Basic Set...just abuse his Speed + Guts Boosted attacks. Super Fang / Sucker Punch are his only Aces in the Hole....which are nice. Thunder Wave is Nice with adamant nature....it allows you to get a possible paralysis on a switch OR you can use sword dance and boost your already guts boosted attack. Facade obviously is its main attacking move and depending on whther you want to get rid of a giant HP stat with super fang or get out quickly/scout...you decide the first move.

Ninja Acessorized RATS who make choices....?

Raticate @ Choice Band/Choice Scarf
Guts
Adamant/Jolly
252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP

-Flame Wheel
-Crunch/Sucker Punch
-U turn
-Double-Edge

Not many people run a choiced raticate so it might catch someone off guard. Fairly nice coverage and with its already nice speed and attack will carry it far. I would run scarf adamant crunch and the opposites for band.

Mixed RATS
Raticate @ Life Orb
Guts
Naive
80 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 172 sp atk
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-U turn
-Return

NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING- NOVELTYCATE
okay so i made this up....raticate can boltbeam.....and return...and u turn...why not? Its Sp atk stat sucks so it needs all the evs it can get but if you somehow pull this off kudos to you for becoming the god/godess of rats....

Raticate @ Salac Berry
Guts
Adamant
252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
-Endure
-Crunch/Sucker Punch
-Reversal
-Return

LOL while not being AS strong as lucario of course raticate sure can pull this off. Endure at the right time and get the salac boost...proceed to use a very strong fighting attack or return/crunch. I would run crunch over sucker punch here for the salac boost will put you faster than many of the things sucker punch would be used to hit such as gengar.

One more...

Ambipom impersonator #2 *persians number 1* + Counter?! NOOO
Raticate @ Focus Sash
Guts
Jolly
252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
-Counter
-Last Resort
-none
-none

Obviously this will be crazy nice if you pull it off....switch it in as a revenge killer or when you can get a safe switch into a physical attacker...Predict the attack and use counter...now you can use last resort to try and sweep..i made this one up too..

Other Options- Thunderwave, Quick Attack, Grass Knot, Me first, Pursuit, Endeavor

Countering Raticate- In general youll be seeing the first set most often than not. Countering it is as easy as sending out a steel or rock type or a pokemon with nice defence. Steelix handles it the best of any pokemon in UU i would think. Hitmontop can also deal with raticate nicely with mach punch.

In Conclusion- This RAT is a Beast. I use this on my UU team because of its amazing ability to late game sweep in UU.

RATING*im now rating the pokemon i analyze based off of how well they do in their tier and UP, not down*- 8/10 in UU, 5.5/10 in OU *BL isnt a tier but if i must...7/10 in BL*

Strype McClaine
07-28-2008, 08:05 PM
Fear of Rats
Adament/Jolly @ Focus Sash

~ Endeavor
~ Reversal
~ Return / Quick Attack
~ Counter / Crunch

4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

I felt like adding this for some reason. Looks alot like the FEAR Rattata doesn't it? Well, its alot like it, but you can do even more. Obviously you can stay in a painfull hit to get in Sash/Endeavor/Quick Atrack, perhaps you go for a absolute kill with counter, or even a big reversal. Fear Ghosts awefly bad? Get crunch in there.

You can play with this mix quite a bit, even things like Sub/Salac Reversal/endeavor....or perhaps endure. At times this feels alot like a Reversal Lucario...and it kinda is.

imported_Shadow
07-29-2008, 04:23 AM
Finally a ratacate moveset... my friend used one and it rapes

Chrisomar
07-29-2008, 05:46 PM
Has anyone tried Flame Orb Fling to take care of Steel-type Pokemon?

mosers15
08-01-2008, 02:55 AM
lol i never thought of fling or any of that during the whole time i was making up movesets.....and the lucario imposter moveset you posted strype was just like a variation of the crappy one i made.