PDA

View Full Version : Strype McClaine's Standard Team

Strype McClaine
07-28-2008, 01:19 AM
Well, I've been using this team for a while, and this is essentially the outline, and I will trade in and out a dude, as I feel or see fit.

Biostrike - The Venusaur
Timid @ Choice Scarf
56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
-Sleep Powder
-Leaf Storm
-Hp Ice 70
-Earthquake / Sludge bomb.

Thus far, my favorite lead I've been using for the past few monthts.
Its alot like a scarf roserade, but mostly for the surprise factor.
Right now it has earthquake as the standard smogon set, Ive been considering sludge bomb to hit celebi harder, who I have a problem with generally.

Jirachi
Modest @ Leftovers
252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
-Thunder
-Psychic
-Wish
-Calm Mind

Calm rachi, with a slightly different ev spread, that I was to lazy to change.
It was a legit event poke with great IV's, so I just change it around when I feel like it.
This is my main work horse, it generally nets a few kills, bulk-ly tanks, and supports with wish passing, and paralyzing opponents.

Hlal - The Dragonite
Jolly @ Leftovers
58 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
-Outrage
-Dragon Dance

Standard Danceing Dragon. Works great with Jirachi as a team-mate. Resists what hurts rachi..ect
Generaly people pair Mence with rachi...but I like Dragointe better. Style points.
Considering teaching fire punch, but blast is for skarmz and zongs.

Napoleon - The Empoleon
Timid @ Life Orb
48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
-Agility
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot

Essentially, its a starmie replacement. Agility up for speed, then attempt a sweep.
Life orb is to get torrent activated quickly, and for the attack boost asap.
Chosen over starmie for the slightly more bulky side, and the myriad of defenses.

Okariou - The Lucario
Jolly - Focus Sash
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Hp
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Extream Speed
-Stone Edge / Crunch

I would rather the last move be crunch, but it has stone edge right now.
You have seen this man before, you know what it does. Plane and simple.

Blissey
Bold @ Leftovers
252 Hp / 252 Defence / 4 S.Def
-S.Toss
-Soft Boiled
-Toxic
-Stealth Rocks

My varient on the standard issue blissey. Since I tend to rely on alot of steel men, who change quite a bit I find I tend to be lacking in the s.def department. So Toxicing people, specially special attackers when i come in to wall, is good for the rest of the team.
Also Jirachi doesn't mind having a toxic passer when he is stall wishing. Toxic could be dropped in favor of ice beam, or aromatherpy if I used a spiking roseraid, but I don't want to toxic everything, giving rachi the option to 60% paralyze with thunder.
trying to take a proactive stance with damage.

============================================

Here lately I have been testing Mix Swampert over Empoleon. Its better if I feel like I need another wall, and helps with phasing (roar), but I tend to feel like I don't have enough pure muscle to take on stuff when I am with out the pengin.

Some of my big problems I have found with the basic team is,
1) Lucario has a hard time getting in with out a spinner.
2) When not played around right, thunder wave hurts quite a bit.
3) Hail teams can wreek a little havoc with my general plan, but if I suspect a hail team, I can modfy to go Sandstorm with t-tar.
4) Fast Fire sometimes can get out of hand, infernape typhlosion and heatran all pose problems. Dragonite can usually deal with these three.
I have been wanting a good heatran of my own, but just never got around to it.

imported_Shadow
07-28-2008, 04:56 AM
Meh so a blissey as defense?

uhh ok strange but nice

out of all the team i give it a 8.0/10

metalkid1465
07-29-2008, 04:45 AM
nice team but no real counter for infernape with hp ice maybe u should replace empoleon 7.5/10

DrazharMasterOfBlades2
08-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Replace empoleon for Vaporeon

impostoroak557
08-10-2008, 07:50 PM
nice team but no real counter for infernape with hp ice maybe u should replace empoleon 7.5/10

venusaur used earthquake

Blackout
08-11-2008, 07:48 PM
Starmie > Empoleon

It can spin and is uber with Special Attacks