PDA

View Full Version : 1st ranked uber team on smogon leaderboard

i am cool
08-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Good evening lady and gents, as many of u play shoddy and i bet u went on the
smogon server, well on smogon's server i have gotten second on the uber ladder
with a good rating of 1725, each day was filled with constant changing of the team, from the
start no member remains, after each day of batteling and having trouble with certain threats
i finally came across with what i like to call the most powerful uber offensive team...

Deoxys-f @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 180 Atk/252 Spd/78 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Grass Knot

Description: this set is my own creation , it is meant to be an anti-lead that
can possibly shut down all leads and crush them with his raw offensive power,
nothing can face this beast, even scizor supposedly it's best counter looses
to the scorching flames produced by fire punch, this is meant to shut down
the opposing lead and then switch out and come for a late game sweep, it
swept a lot of teams when i was ladder climbing and it still does sweep
numerous teams.

Evs: these evs allow it to be an absolute moster, 78 sp.atk evs is for calm
kyogre with 252 hp and 252 sp.def evs, as grass knot does 58% to such
a kyogre, 252 speed and hasty is to outspeed other deoxys and tie them at
best, 180 atk evs puts the hurting on steels with fire punch.

why i use these moves: i use grass knot because it hits both groudon and
kyogre which thunder doesn't accomplish sadly, fire punch instead of hp fire
because it will 2hko the same steels and ohko the same steels, ice punch
instead of ice beam to hit lati@s harder and it still does what it does kill
rayquaza!!! super power is for darkrai and it gives better coverage generally

Team work: this is the core of my offensive team, with it's great stats
it puts the hurting on all uber leads, and it is a pretty good late game sweeper
with great coverage and attack stats that rip apart the apposing pokemon</p>

Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Guts
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Sleep Talk
Description: the 2nd revenge killer of the team, this is totally walled by giratina but the
fact that it can ohko almost every uber is very very appealing, and it saved me a
lot of games with it's sheer power and it's ASTAB moves that havea BP if 120 if u
don't factor STAB, and it server asd one of the best darkria counters in the
game.

Evs: pretty standard i guess

why i use these moves: who doesn't use megahorn and close combat on hera?
as for stone edge it is meant to be there just so i don't get walled by lugia and
by ho-oh as it 2hkoes lugia if rocks r up and ohkoes ho-oh regarless if rocks r
up or if they rn't.

Team work: oh no mewtwo got 6 CMs what shall i do? why send in hera after
that mewtwo killed a tema mate, this stag beatle does it all, he is my revenge killer
and my some what physical sweeper, it's STABS r resisted by only giratina in ubers
and all of it's moves hit almost every uber poke supper effectively so it is more than
welcome on my offensive team

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Spacial Rend
Description: one of thwee most uncounterable ubers in the metagame has a spot
on my team, with his powerful moves and STABs and his spectacular speed boosted
furtherly by choise scarf this guy is one of the best uberes in the game. he is my 3rd
revenge killer and my special sweeper.

Evs: 252 speed evs and timid holding a scarf gives me 492 speed
almost as fast as max speed deoxys, obviously this much speed evs is os that i don't tie
with other max speed palkia which i had a bad experience with...

why i use these moves: speciel rend hit's almost as hard as 2 consecutive draco
meteors, and spaciel rend has more accurcy bot both have the same pp, ice beam is
for 2hkoing groudon which under the sun surf fails to do, thunder is for kyogre and surf
is for double STAB under the rain

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Naive nature (+Spd, -Sp.Def)
- Extremespeed
- Outrage
- Overheat
- Swords Dance

Description: after one sd lugia is ohked if rocks r up and even if they rn't outrage has
a chance to do so, even steels r 2hkoed by outrage after a sd, so u see that is why i
choose to run sd quaza over the most used dd quaza, over all this is my physical
sweepr and can sweep teams if played correctly.

Evs: i run jolly over adament because with jolly i can outspeed max speed groudon,
max speed kyogre(if it isn't scarfed), and almost all lugia, the evs r self expalnotory

why i use these moves: sword dance in my opinion is better than dd for the reasons
stayted above, over heat is for steels that can kill me before i can, such as ice punch
metagross and hp ice bronzong, outrage is obvious and extreem speed is to revenge kill
or to put the hurintg on speedier opponents.

Team Work: it is my physical sweeper, some what functions as a revenge killer, and
overalll it can sweep teams if played correctly and believe me it has swept a lot of
teams and it does it's job like no other and it's job is to sweep!!!![/p

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/100 Def/152 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hypnosis
- Grass Knot
- Stealth Rock

Description: this server as my ray counter, as my fire punchless groudon counter, and
pretty much my srer and hypnosiser which allows ray to come in and do heavy damage
and maybe sweep!!!!

Evs: 252 hp evs r self explonatory, 100 def evs is to make it stand hits from ray,
the rest which is in sp.atk i8s to allow hp i ce to do 75% to a ray or the rare seen
chomp in ubers, and to allow grasss knot to do 54% tosupport groudon.

why i chose those moves: grass knot is to hit both kyogre and groudon, hp ice is to
kill ray if he taken damage from stealthrocks, stealth rock is for overall team support
and to allow ray to sweep easier by making the damage hurt it's counters and to ruin
those ever so common sashers, and hypnosis is to allow ray to stat up while they r
slumbering and for gfeneral team support.

Team work: this bell set's up my dragon, counters a lot of stuff, surprises the oponent
with it's moveset and evs, provides usefull sr support, and sleeps foes to help keep
the synenergy of the team, what can i say this little bell is so helpful even in ubers it can
make a lot of though looking ubers cry and go to their mommy, this bell is does 4 jobs
all in one that's why it'a a welocme choise on any uber team and especially mine.</p>

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
Description: ah kyogre, the rain beast, about 71% of kyogre's r scarfed and i have no
idea why!!! specs ogre is capable of ohkoing or 2hkoing every poke in existence
with it's moves even water absorb pokes get nailed by thunder, but who uses water
absorb pokes in ubers lol, palkia is 2hkoed witif rocks r up andeven if they rn't he has
a chance ot getting so, latias is 2hkoed so is latios, giratina takes 56% damage, nothing
can stand in the way of this beast.

Evs: 252 sp.atk evs with modest allow all thoswe great things ot happen, 252 speed
evs is to beat some lugia and to beat almost all groudon and to tie at worst with other
modest specs ogres like mine.

why I chose those moves: water spout is for all the reasons listed above, surf
is for when i get low on hp and cna't use water spout, ice beam is for rayquaza and lati@s while
thunder is to punish water types and deals 75% to palkia.

Team work: this aids my team a lot seeing as it is beastly, i mean what where game
thinking when they made this beast i mean look at what it does , well overall
this is my special sweeper and my late game cleaner who dishes out some pain with it's powerful
attacks and it's great move pool and stats.ok so there u have it my uber offensive team, now for the threat list, I will start form the most used till the least used:

Kyogre: my specs ogre has a chance to ko other ogre’s with thunder and doesn’t die from scarf thunder and ties at worst with other specs ogres, palkia makes a decent counter, doexys a can revenge kill, hera can deal heavy damage and grass knot from zong hurt[/p]
Groudon: spec ogre kos with surf even if sun is up, doexys does like 77% with grass knot and palkia hurts it with ice beam while zong can counter fire punch less ones

Darkrai: hera is it’s number one counter, palkia revenge kills if it’s under 87% and kyogre can handle it but if hera is dead someone will have to sleep which will be most likely deoxys who also can kill with superpower if it isn’t scarfed or sashed[/p]
Deoxys f: not many run max speed so I guess mine can hurt it, palkia can survive everything and servers as both a revenge killer and a counter, kyogre can survive grass knot and thunder when at 100% health and zong pretty much does it’s job at walling it pretty well

Rayqaza: my deoxys survives extreme speed thanks to focus sash, zong is it’s best counter thanks to hp ice.

Dialga: it is very unpredictable but once I know the set I can switch accordingly, but most of the time I switch to zong , sleep it , and then switch to kyogre to 2hko while he slumbers

Palkia: well he’s uncounterable, but I usually switch to my own palkia if I predict that he doesn’t use spaciel rend, and kill him thanks for being faster because I’m scarfed with max speed.

Lugia: kyogre handles non toxic version and even then water spout kos if above 93% whilst bronzong can wall it like no other

Mewtwo: ah this is annoying, I usually switch to kyogre then to zong or palkia, zong sleeps it and palkia kos it thanks to rain which was set up from kyogre, specs or scarf version(91% of mewtwo’s r that) r handled by prediction and cautiousness

Blissey: she usually switches in on kyogre until to be met with a specs water spout, even surf does 55% and with rocks up that’s a definite 2hko rather than the chance of it not 3hkoing if rocks aren’t up, deoxys kills it with super power, ray has a field day with it regardless if it caries ice beam or not as outrage kos calm bliss and even bold bliss(rarely ever seen in ubers, even in ou it’s not seen but in ubers it’s not seen more) takes a whooping 89% of it’s magnificent hp

Latias: if rocks r up, even 252 hp 252 sp.def calm latias is 2hked by waterspout(specs ogre is broken for sure) and since it has no speed evs I will outspeed on the 2nd turn and kill it with another full powered water spout, as for the ones that do run speed evs I simply switch to zong sleep them and then come back to ogre to kill them with the second water spout, and I can always predict and do 75% to them with a specs boosted ice beam that will freeze their poor little body’s

Giratina: ice beam does 87% to this beast, while waterspout is a 2hko, and palkia can do a lot to it, so can ray, I usually switch to zong, sleep it, and then switch to rayquaza and start setting up, but it seems I don’t have a counter for it I simply rely on revenge killing it which isn’t that good but I play around it usually and let It fell the pain of the offense

Latios: read latias except it get’s hurt more by the attacks from it’s counters except non attacking moves

Metagross: every member of the team likes this as every thing can hurt it except for zong and palkia when he’s locked in spaciel rend and if under the rain deoxys doesn’t like it either but I simply play around it, and kyogre really likes it, since it Bullet punches once deoxys is out(even if it has pursuit I can survive thanks to sash but besides pursuit is rarely seen on meta) and start eating it’s ever lasting life with water spout which does( do I need tell u how much it hurts?)

Ho-oh: rocks take a lot of it’s hp, heracross can stone edge it, palkia and kyogre love it a lot, and ray can’t switch directly but can sword dance once something dies(if it burns me no prob since sword dance makes me at normal) then I sd again if it burns and if it didn’t I simply outrage( but 2sds and 30% from sacred fire+24 from 2 turns of burn+ lo= ray at 36% so I have to hope it doesn’t burn if kyogre and palkia r dead)

Jirashi: this guy is annoying, but water spout from ogre kos and surf from palkia under the rain does 64%, zong sleeps it, ray can ko with overheat

Fortress: water spout eats it alive, surf 2hkes under the rain from palkia, zong sleeps it, once asleep I bring ray to sd and overheat likes it very much

Doexys L: water spout kos, although it paralyzes ray he finds it as set up fodder unless it caries the rare toxic, and since rayquaza has extreme speed he doesn’t care much from paralyzes actually he likes it as he can’t be poisoned nor burned anymore, zong simply sleeps it and I bring in something else to do the damage and if sr is up palkia 2hkoes with surf thanks to rain

Manaphy: palkia is one of the best counters to Manaphy and even after a tail glow life orbed grass knot fails to ko kyogre while he kos it with thunder

Mew: well he’s unpredictable and can run any set but I usually switch to heracross and if he sleeps I sleep talk and if he doesn’t I can mega horn, but some of them are carrying flame thrower nowadays but it’s rare

Heracross: I rarely have ever seen one but 99.23% of them are scarfed in ubers so I usually predict his moves, rayquaza comes in on any of it’s moves and sets up but he has to be careful of stone edge

Scizor: Water spout kills it, ray sees it as set up fodder or can just over heat it, heracross 2hkoes with Close Combat, deoxys kills it with fire punch even under the rain, zong can sleep it, palkia’s surf leaves a big mark in it’s steel body so basically every member of the team doesn’t care about it

Tyranytar: water spout kos, surf does rough damage even under sand storm, zong sleeps it and proceeds to grass knot doing heavy damage while regaining hp thanks to recover, heracross likes to Close Combat and Horn it, deoxys likes to use it’s mighty powers to hit it on it’s 4x weakness

Garchomp: zong doesn’t care much about it and can hp ice it back to hell doing 75% damage, if it switches into ray extreme speed does 80%+ and kyogre can’t die from any of it’s moves, scarf palkia can come on any chomp except for scarf chomp with max speed but even then I can come in if it isn’t using outrage or dragon claw

Deoxys e: nothing cares from it much everyone on my team likes it even rayquaza can do 80% using extreme speed

Shedninja: annoying as hell, but entry hazards like it from zong which sleeps it and I switch to the either rayquaza, heracross or deoxys f, Shedninja is seen like 67% of the time without a spinner (weird I know) and the 33% who make a team around it are super annoying, but all the shedi teams I faced I rely on my good prediction which makes me win most of the time against such teams

Bronzong: water spout, surf, fire punch, cc, over heat, pretty much everything likes it on my team and I have no problems with it but it get’s very annoying once it sleeps something

Wobufett: how can I counter if I can’t switch? Even my prediction skills can’t save me from encore

Lucario: rayquaza doesn’t care much about it and can over heat, basically the rare night I saw one I didn’t let it set up, after all my team is designed to not let pokes set up sr or anything by hitting them hard and putting pressure on them so Lucario has to have a very good trainer(such as your self) to let it set up

Ninjask: Mostly seen as a lead, it usually X-Scissors while I survive with my sash and they do so as well, and then I switch to rayquaza who extreme speeds it back to hell

Registeel: water spout, sleep with Bronzong while setting up with rayquaza, and hera has a felid day with it because it usually toxics and tada GUTS!!!!!
Well after these it becomes a joke, after registeel everything is a joke such as minun and farfetch’d lol, ok so basically the Game plan is to set up a sweep with ray, whilst putting pressure on the opponent using strong attacks and unpredictable pokemons and move sets and not letting a certain threat pose a problem thanks to the over powered moves on this team
Ok now I leave u to
RMT

This post has been

Farmer
08-13-2008, 08:52 PM
Who exactly is I am cool.

Iconic
08-13-2008, 09:39 PM
I'm guessing he's cool... o.0

Zman83
08-14-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm guessing he's cool... o.0

No, he just wishes he was xD

Statigar
08-15-2008, 10:23 AM
Well, he is top on shoddy apparently lol.

i am cool
08-15-2008, 11:38 AM
3 replies about my coolness? come on people i posted it here for everyone to see it and for anyone to conterbute on it if something is wrong, who cares if i got a rating of -1000, can u please post a reply that tells what improvements my team needs? come on here people, who is i am cool? who the heck cares who i am and please next time make helpful posts, sry i'm sounding like a **** but i just need some help, i appologize if i did anything to hurt u or i sounded offensive, that wasn't my intention

oh and i am someone u should fear every waking second of ur life

anyway will someone RMT?

have a nice day

Iconic
08-15-2008, 12:37 PM
3 replies about my coolness? come on people i posted it here for everyone to see it and for anyone to conterbute on it if something is wrong, who cares if i got a rating of -1000, can u please post a reply that tells what improvements my team needs? come on here people, who is i am cool? who the heck cares who i am and please next time make helpful posts, sry i'm sounding like a **** but i just need some help, i appologize if i did anything to hurt u or i sounded offensive, that wasn't my intention

oh and i am someone u should fear every waking second of ur life

anyway will someone RMT?

have a nice day
Well firstly you do sound like a ****, but I suppose that's beside the point. The reason why no one has probably rated your team is you kind of wrote a couple essays about your team itself. Despite my complete unfamiliarity with the Uber tier, this team looks good at first glance, and there aren't many common weaknesses. Hopefully someone with more experience with this tier can help you.

I hope YOU have a nice day.

Spannertastic
08-15-2008, 01:25 PM
lol, i just find it crazy that he actually is top of the uber ladder on smogon :/

That team needs UberRape Arceus and Great wall Giratina before its good enough in my books.

But seriously, who gives half a disconnected testicle about uber battling anyway?

Farmer
08-15-2008, 01:28 PM
lol, i just find it crazy that he actually is top of the uber ladder on smogon :/

That team needs UberRape Arceus and Great wall Giratina before its good enough in my books.

But seriously, who gives half a disconnected testicle about uber battling anyway?Arecus isnt allowed in ubers anymore.

i am cool
08-16-2008, 10:51 PM
erm, it's true i have some giratina issues, but 4 of my pokes can revenge kill it if it's under 70% health, but my hera really hates it, i mean it can survive anything from it, even guts+CB+ +2 atk+ 120 BP move= 30% damage on that wall, LMPO wtf is this, oh well, and iconic, sry i sound like a **** seriosously, i really need to read what i post, i an sry, i will try not to sound like one from now on, i just wanted to see if there r any weaknesses, but i guess since no one actually has that much experience in ubers, and from those that do, r saying that it doesn't have any, then i see that it doesn't and that's all what me and my team wanted to here, so

thanks guys for the help, u helped by saying repetitively that it has no weaknesses, so thanks all, and for the ones who said i am cool, i just loledalthough it didn't help but that made my day, i hope u enjoyed seeing it, i guess and rating it

and spannertasitc, arceus isn't allowed as farmer said, and i just said about how that ugly beast hurts my team, and u really should pay attention to the uber metagame, i find it more fun and more njoyable, and it's always nice to learn a new metagame so wynaut man(get it :wink:, lol)

ok i'm gonna say it for the last time before it get's old(i know it is but please don't comment if ur gonnay say it was lol) THANKS GUYS!!!!!

Spannertastic
08-17-2008, 03:20 AM
Arecus isnt allowed in ubers anymore.

wtf is the point of Ubers if they want to make it balanced?!

ikke
08-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Arecus isnt allowed in ubers anymore.

wtf is the point of Ubers if they want to make it balanced?!
people who have power will abuse power and make rules that they don't like either but it will prove the power they have over the game.

i am cool
08-22-2008, 02:53 AM
not time for ikke's lectures again