PDA

View Full Version : Manaphy for OU

The Shadow Projekt
08-12-2008, 12:30 AM
Well I first thought this would be a good idea as it is only beastly good in the rain and Kyogre (Which will probably forever be in the Uber tier) will make Manaphy as beastly as it ever will be.

It has no recovery outside of Aqua Ring and Rest. So it's not like it is going to be that broken among its base 100 brothers. (Jirachi and Celebi, and Shaymin)

It does have the illustrious Tail Glow (Nasty Plot equivalent) but it can't baton pass it to anything. Meaning it would have to use it itself.

It wouldn't ruin the OU metagame at all. It would have a fair share of counters. Blissey, Tentacruel, Celebi (If it didnt have Ice Beam), Anything with Taunt (To prevent Tail Glow, Rain Dance, and Rest)

There are probably more counters but ill leave Farmer to annihilate this post like he does everything else in this forum.

<3 The Shadow Projekt <3

Jsaok4
08-12-2008, 12:56 AM
There are probably more counters but ill leave Farmer to annihilate this post like he does everything else in this forum.

ROFL

Strype McClaine
08-12-2008, 03:04 AM
Well I first thought this would be a good idea as it is only beastly good in the rain and Kyogre (Which will probably forever be in the Uber tier) will make Manaphy as beastly as it ever will be.

It has no recovery outside of Aqua Ring and Rest. So it's not like it is going to be that broken among its base 100 brothers. (Jirachi and Celebi, and Shaymin)

It does have the illustrious Tail Glow (Nasty Plot equivalent) but it can't baton pass it to anything. Meaning it would have to use it itself.

It wouldn't ruin the OU metagame at all. It would have a fair share of counters. Blissey, Tentacruel, Celebi (If it didnt have Ice Beam), Anything with Taunt (To prevent Tail Glow, Rain Dance, and Rest)

<3 The Shadow Projekt <3

To be fair, it sounds alot fair-er that it really is, and could be beneficial for the metagame that sand/water is taken down a few notches in its impact, making thunder/surf's very very good....

But even with that said, I've run it before in my own tests, and its...mean.
I mean, realy mean.
As in face smasher y that makes garchomp look like a garchump.

Rain Dance acts like a nasty plot of sorts for surf and then gives it full status immunity....The rain rest works better in supporting itself...while the tail glow, once it gets active, you have excellent coverage, and sweeping...is way too easy.

Its a hard call to make, and for true, I almost feel Jirachi is broken, and is too good for OU, but then when I test the blue boy again, I see, yep, its so wrongly, wrongly good.

The Shadow Projekt
08-13-2008, 01:57 AM
Damnit we need a Garchomp counter answer nao.

Testing period pl0x.