Blackout
08-13-2008, 04:59 AM
Ambipom

http://pokebeach.com/images/gallery/sugimori/424.png

Flinch-N-Flee
Ambipom@Life Orb
Ability:Technician
EV's:252 Attack/252 Speed/ 6 HP
Nature: Adamant(+ Att - Sp Att.)/Jolly(+ Speed - SP Att.)
-Fake Out
-U-Turn
-Brick Break/Double Hit
-Payback/Return/Pursuit

The most common set for this annoying little monkey. Use this as a lead, Fake Out your opponent, and then just U-Turn out to a counter for his poke. Brick Break and Payback for some nice coverage. Although, you could use Return for some nice STAB, or Pursuit if you know your opponent will switch. Adamant or Jolly, depending on if you want more speed or more attack.

Bandipom
Ambipom@Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EV's:252 Attack/252 Speed/6 HP
Nature:Jolly (+Speed - Sp Att.)
-Return
-Brick Break/ Focus Punch
-Payback
-U-Turn/Fake Out

Pretty standard, great coverage. Return for obvious STAB. Brick Break and Payback for coverage, although Focus Punch is an option if your feeling gutsy. You can decide between U-Turn, for retrieting on a bad switch-in, or Fake Out for flinching, but you would obviously have to switch the next turn.

Last Resort
Ambipom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
-Fake Out
-Last Resort

This is a novelty set, and the purpose of it is to Fake Out your opponent, and then sweep with the base 130 power Last Resort. The reason only 2 moves are listed is because Last Resort only works when all other moves have been used.

Elemental Punches
Ambipom@Life Orb or Choice Band
Nature:Jolly
-Aerial Ace/Pursuit/ Return/ Brick Break
-Thunderpunch
-Ice Punch
-Fire Punch

Yup. That's right, this annoying little monkey gets the elemental punches. This is a little set I came up with myself. The 3 punches for the most epic coverage ever, and you can decide for the final slot. I prefer to go with Aerial Ace just because you can outspeed scarf leads. Pursuit is a great option, since Ambipom forces so many switches, and if you decide to use a CB Return would be your best option. You could also use this guy for late-game, and with brick break have great coverage against all poke types.

Other Options

Special Sweeper: Ambipom does have a pretty decent special movepool. It has Grass Knot, Shadow Ball, and Thunderbolt, which along with HP Ice works charms. Go with HP Ice 59 and this IV Spread:31/30/30/29/31/31. So that way you can have max speed. Use it as novelty or if you just want to catch your opponent off guard.

Baton Pass: Ambipom does make a pretty decent Baton Passer. You can pass off Nasty Plots or Agilities.

Counters
There aren't many counters to Ambipom, except Steels such as Metagross, Skarmory, Bronzong, etc. Gyarados can also be a bit troublesome, but the Elemental Punches set takes care of that.

Opinions
This monkey pwns

The Shadow Projekt
08-13-2008, 05:03 AM
Brick Break is a decent option for the Elemental Punches set as it will give itself E-Vire Coverage doing Super-Effective damage to 14/17 types iirc.

Also fix the pic, other than that good job. ^_^

Blackout
08-13-2008, 05:08 AM
Brick Break is a decent option for the Elemental Punches set as it will give itself E-Vire Coverage doing Super-Effective damage to 14/17 types iirc.

Also fix the pic, other than that good job. ^_^

Yeah I gues BB could be an option, but really you want to outspeed Roserade and other scarf keads, but if your using it as a Late Game guy, then yeah it's good.

What's wrong with the pic? :?

Thank you too ^_^

The Shadow Projekt
08-13-2008, 05:11 AM
The pic shows Pichu spanking himself along with the words. "No hot-linking"

I'll edit if I can find another Ambipom pic for ya.

EDIT: Try this hun: http://pokebeach.com/images/gallery/sugimori/424.png

Blackout
08-13-2008, 05:15 AM
The pic shows Pichu spanking himself along with the words. "No hot-linking"

I'll edit if I can find another Ambipom pic for ya.

EDIT: Try this hun: http://pokebeach.com/images/gallery/sugimori/424.png

Oh I see it now, it was working fine before. :?

And thankies <33

EDIT: Fixed

Your the best TSP

The Shadow Projekt
08-13-2008, 05:16 AM
That's why i'm here.

Blackout
08-13-2008, 06:41 AM
Anything else? anyone

The Shadow Projekt
08-13-2008, 06:42 AM
Anything else? anyone

HP Ice Base 60 = Base 90 off Technician *Thumbs Up*

Blackout
08-13-2008, 06:44 AM
wait let me EDIT that, theres a reason for HP Ice 59

KK done

EDIT:99 posts but a ***** ain't one

Kuja20
08-13-2008, 07:09 AM
Nice job Blackout, keep em coming <3

*adds to contents page*

Wuddle
08-15-2008, 01:57 AM
Ambipom

Elemental Punches
-Aerial Ace/Fake Out/ Return/ Brick Break
-Thunderpunch
-Ice Punch
-Fire Punch

Yup. That's right, this annoying little monkey gets the elemental punches. This is a little set I came up with myself. The 3 punches for the most epic coverage ever, and you can decide for the final slot. I prefer to go with Aerial Ace just because you can outspeed scarf leads. Fake Out is another good option, and if you decide to use a CB Return would be your best option. You could also use this guy for late-game, and with brick break have great coverage against all poke types.

Was just lurking around, and just wanted to say, Fake Out isn't an option. Fake Out is a 4th gen move only, and seeing as Elemental Punches can only be acquired through 3rd Gen.

As for the set itself, I can only say Double Hit has to have a mention. It will break through anything that even thinks about setting a Substitute on it (Yeah I'm talking about you Ninjask) and hit them really hard with the second hit. Pursuit is definitely another option which works wonders, but seeing as how it's an egg move, it would mean you'd have to drop one of the punches (I would personally rather drop Fire Punch as it really only hits Forretress and Bronzong [Skarmory can get hit with Thunderpunch], while ThunderPunch will OHKO Gyrados + puts a hurt on Bulky Waters, and Ice Punch serving as a goodbye to those pesky Dragon types). Send this thing on Alakazam, watch it try to get away to avoid to assumed Fake Out, and it will cry when it's KO'd. If he doesn't leave, your hitting a 60BP Physical Dark move on an Alakazam (45 base defense lulz) which should be enough to hurt it either way. Same concept applies to Gengar.

: )

Blackout
08-15-2008, 05:01 AM
Ambipom

Elemental Punches
-Aerial Ace/Fake Out/ Return/ Brick Break
-Thunderpunch
-Ice Punch
-Fire Punch

Yup. That's right, this annoying little monkey gets the elemental punches. This is a little set I came up with myself. The 3 punches for the most epic coverage ever, and you can decide for the final slot. I prefer to go with Aerial Ace just because you can outspeed scarf leads. Fake Out is another good option, and if you decide to use a CB Return would be your best option. You could also use this guy for late-game, and with brick break have great coverage against all poke types.

Was just lurking around, and just wanted to say, Fake Out isn't an option. Fake Out is a 4th gen move only, and seeing as Elemental Punches can only be acquired through 3rd Gen.

As for the set itself, I can only say Double Hit has to have a mention. It will break through anything that even thinks about setting a Substitute on it (Yeah I'm talking about you Ninjask) and hit them really hard with the second hit. Pursuit is definitely another option which works wonders, but seeing as how it's an egg move, it would mean you'd have to drop one of the punches (I would personally rather drop Fire Punch as it really only hits Forretress and Bronzong [Skarmory can get hit with Thunderpunch], while ThunderPunch will OHKO Gyrados + puts a hurt on Bulky Waters, and Ice Punch serving as a goodbye to those pesky Dragon types). Send this thing on Alakazam, watch it try to get away to avoid to assumed Fake Out, and it will cry when it's KO'd. If he doesn't leave, your hitting a 60BP Physical Dark move on an Alakazam (45 base defense lulz) which should be enough to hurt it either way. Same concept applies to Gengar.

: )

I was pretty sure Fake Out was a level up move. And the purpose of Fire Punch is for Forretres and Bronzong. Just having BoltBeam coverage isn't enough, and by switching in Forretress they wall me completely, which is why Fire Punch is a must. While Pursuit is a nice option, I don't recommend it.

Lol @ ABDC

Strype McClaine
08-15-2008, 02:26 PM
I was pretty sure Fake Out was a level up move. And the purpose of Fire Punch is for Forretres and Bronzong. Just having BoltBeam coverage isn't enough, and by switching in Forretress they wall me completely, which is why Fire Punch is a must. While Pursuit is a nice option, I don't recommend it.

Lol @ ABDC

Fake out is breeding only blackout, so yea, wont work with that set.

In my experience of using ambipom, I used to use him ALOT once my opponent sees that I have fake out, its intermediately switching go gengar/dusknoir every time he monkey comes in.
With that being said, it gets switches quite easily, I think pursuit is a damned good option, if not pursit at least U-turn.